Myth Pack

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Smartdevon

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, Ive been working on a project of my own for some time now. its a modpack that combines the magical mods of minecraft. it also uses just a few mods so that people with old low quality computers can use it. i was originally planning to have it on the technic launcher, but i couldnt find a place to host the pack. so ive decided to come to the ftb page, and present it here. asking if it could possibly get on the launcher. a full list of mods used is here:

ars magica 2
twilight forest
thaumcraft
tinkers construct
rougelike dungeons
bibliocraft
crafting guide

Im planning to add mods such as mo creatures, witchery, and primitive mobs in the future, but this is the first version.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
lesee.
AM2: IDK what the modpack policy on it is
TF: See above
TC: Reportedly it changed its modpack policy
TiC: As 1&2
BiblioCraft: Really, I should check modpack stuffs for these.
Crafting Guide: WTF is this. I recall we have NEI, no?
Mo Creatures: No perms, no pack. Period.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
So first check on each mod page to what the permissions of use are for each mod.

Second if you want your pack on the FTB launcher you will probably have to release it as a third party pack first and if it gets popular enough it will become an official pack but since there is already FTB Lite your chances are insanely slim.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
So first check on each mod page to what the permissions of use are for each mod.

Second if you want your pack on the FTB launcher you will probably have to release it as a third party pack first and if it gets popular enough it will become an official pack but since there is already FTB Lite your chances are insanely slim.
FTBLite is more of tech, there is no magic whatsoever

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I would suggest adding some mods for exploration like Chocolate Quest and divine RPG as well as some that increase the difficulty of the pack like Hardcore Ender Expansion. And since we are talkking about myths, why not legends? IE dart craft.

Reactions: YX33A

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Just some comments.
Hello, Ive been working on a project of my own for some time now. its a modpack that combines the magical mods of minecraft. it also uses just a few mods so that people with old low quality computers can use it. i was originally planning to have it on the technic launcher, but i couldnt find a place to host the pack. so ive decided to come to the ftb page, and present it here. asking if it could possibly get on the launcher. a full list of mods used is here:

ars magica 2
twilight forest
thaumcraft
tinkers construct
rougelike dungeons
bibliocraft
crafting guide

Im planning to add mods such as mo creatures, witchery, and primitive mobs in the future, but this is the first version.
Twilight Forest and Ars Magica are great at butchering "Low-end computers"
I would suggest adding some mods for exploration like Chocolate Quest and divine RPG as well as some that increase the difficulty of the pack like Hardcore Ender Expansion. And since we are talkking about myths, why not legends? IE dart craft.
And DivineRPG will make a toaster melt.
Overall, magic mods do not get along well with low-end computers. Thaumcraft isn't too hot in the performance department either now that I think of it.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Just some comments.

Twilight Forest and Ars Magica are great at butchering "Low-end computers"

And DivineRPG will make a toaster melt.
Overall, magic mods do not get along well with low-end computers. Thaumcraft isn't too hot in the performance department either now that I think of it.
Thaumcraft was fine for me on WinXP