Mystcraft and Server Gamerule

cloj63

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, we are trying to do an adventure map within our server using mystcraft dimensions.

The problem is, we would need to turn off block droping with explosion (TNT and creeper). The neet command block : gamerule mobGriefing False would do that, but it turns this gamerule off for the whole server, including the Overworld where we want to be pure survival...

Is there an option server-side to differenciate gamerule from dimension?
Do you know of any server-side mod that could do that if not?
Or is there a way to check if there is a player in the dimension, so we can turn this on/off only when there is?

(We would prefer no using an exterior mod from Ultimate Mod pack, but if you think there is no other option, we appreciate the suggestion!)

thank you!

DarkDestry

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I am aware, gamerule is only affecting the specific mystcraft age you are in. We had to disable mob griefing three times first on the mining world, the void world and the overworld. Therefore its safe to assume that as long as the world that the adventure map is in is a mystcraft world, it should only affect that world. Also, you do not need to use the command blocks to change the gamerule. Its player command for OPs is "/gamerule mobGriefing false"

cloj63

Jul 29, 2019
This is perplexing... I just tried again, and turning a gamerule in one dimension does it for the whole serveur, Overworld, Nether, Mystworlds, Twilight...
Do you have a special modpack? Or have you change any default setting on your server?
I wish it could workd thought....