Building my base - Starting a new with Infinity!

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Big change here Im from now on posting small or big updates one how my kingdom is coming along!
Now what you have seen before does not exist no more.
Here are a few shots of the new base :D!
1b0b09c141.png

22b480b834.png

Ignore the painter and creative energy cell currenly building everything in creative then I will play like normal only I will be a motha fing king :D
c4bb9a0f80.png

And now for a big reveal the bridge that leads you to my kingdom!
7a60fa0b7e.png

Yes Im aware way to much wires but DAYUM its awesome :#
And for last the entrance a gate made of the stronges material(not really but you get me :p)
a371545990.png

Yes it fully works I will post some screens of the wiring later

Last edited:

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Now building it live on Twitch.tv/plainside people can join when putting their names in chat and get added to a whitelist and IP will be send through PM

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
thanks for mc_crab telling me about the toggle latch in the stream!
Wrote this a while ago on the most common redstone components and examples of their use:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ide-collection-etc.42664/page-41#post-1169153
Might be of some use.

As someone with an engineering degree... Those cables under the bridge are just... Are you afraid it will fly away? :p
You would be better off anchoring the top of the towers to somewhere further inland.

Else keep up the good work.

BTW: If you intend to turn the thread into a "playthrough" kinda thing, the Showcase section would be a more suitable place for it ;)

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Wrote this a while ago on the most common redstone components and examples of their use:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ide-collection-etc.42664/page-41#post-1169153
Might be of some use.

As someone with an engineering degree... Those cables under the bridge are just... Are you afraid it will fly away? :p
You would be better off anchoring the top of the towers to somewhere further inland.

Else keep up the good work.

BTW: If you intend to turn the thread into a "playthrough" kinda thing, the Showcase section would be a more suitable place for it ;)
Ahh I see about the section Ill request if a mod can move it for me :3

And the wires are just for fun to be honest couldnt stop placing them when i started.
Cant wait till the skyhook works properly then zipping around(or atleast i think that is what it does) my base will be awesome.

anyways time to contact a mod :3

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Well I will be posting more later on currently going to build a few roads make some small houses and tonight i probably will stream my mansion building(tips for this please ;-; )
Any ways enjoy the screens you have now I will post more!

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
32b5bb66ff.png
Okay at this point Im gonna need some tips!
I never was quite good at building so what would look nice?
It is meant to be some type of Embassy not sure if im gonna keep the shape like this any one has some examples?

Also if people want to help just send me a pm with your ingame MC name i will send IP and will whitelist you.
Do provide some proof that you can build(vid's, pic's, showcase, etc)

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
73e1ef8627.png
Starting to build up the mountain behind my soon to be "village" it has a nice chair where I can overlook the peasants.
Probably going to change the current design for the top bit though dont want the illuminati come and complain and stuff.
Any ways some tips would be nice :D!

Reactions: dragon_fang101

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone for the gate(multiple pics!)
Some with explanation.
In this image you see some red wire which gets activated by a button on the other side which sends a signal to a Toggle Latch.
bec6758b4c.png

The Toggle Latch close up look at that sexy beast:
42883f707b.png

Continuing on we go to the other input which connects to a button inside the walls which can close the gate again
c8a16ef5e9.png

Also in the first image you see a line of red wire going under which activate the draw bridges so thats how its set up!

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
is there a story behind the words "my-base-a-progression-story-of-hate-being-tired-and-no-love-at-all"? or just a cool name to put behind your work? [its not a cynical question by the way just curious about it]

Reactions: Plainy

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
32b5bb66ff.png
Okay at this point Im gonna need some tips!
I never was quite good at building so what would look nice?
It is meant to be some type of Embassy not sure if im gonna keep the shape like this any one has some examples?
The shape is quite nice. But I might consider some other materials. Maybe some Marble for the facade(possible the Chisel stuff for columns etc) and then some black stuff for roof(Abyssal, Seared, in that kind of category. The large bricks kinda works for me as shingles).

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
The shape is quite nice. But I might consider some other materials. Maybe some Marble for the facade(possible the Chisel stuff for columns etc) and then some black stuff for roof(Abyssal, Seared, in that kind of category. The large bricks kinda works for me as shingles).
Hmm that might work yes.
Gonna see if i can find a nice combo

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hmm that might work yes.
Gonna see if i can find a nice combo
Seared Bricks, that's the one! I like using that one as roofs(on Carpenter's slopes or stepped Slabs) as it looks somewhat like shingles/roofing tiles/whatever (at least with soartex).

Examples:
iKN4WRc.png

Oldie pic:
HqNpWRS.png

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Seared Bricks, that's the one! I like using that one as roofs(on Carpenter's slopes or stepped Slabs) as it looks somewhat like shingles/roofing tiles/whatever (at least with soartex).
I will keep that in mind.
Going to stream building it later on twitch.tv/plainside and probably open up the server to other people that want to help me build it.

is there a story behind the words "my-base-a-progression-story-of-hate-being-tired-and-no-love-at-all"? or just a cool name to put behind your work? [its not a cynical question by the way just curious about it]

No reason for it just wanted a non generic title xD