[Help?]BDCraft with Dw20 addons = TONS OF RAM?

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
There's a giant difference between 32x32 and 256x256. Mainly Aliasing. There isn't nearly as much aliasing in items and blocks that your holding, but there still is aliasing in the world unless you turn on Anti-Aliasing with optifine, BUT a 32x32 with Anti-Aliasing will STILL have aliasing on all the items and such, due to the smaller texture size.[DOUBLEPOST=1357620404][/DOUBLEPOST]Im going to go ahead and try RAMDisk and see how fast the Texture packs and game loads at 256x256, then report back here.
Yaknow, with all my RAM that is *usually* not being used, I should probably make a small ramdisk for Minecraft. How much do I need to allocate, just enough to run Minecraft (about 1GB)?

8BitLoser

Jul 29, 2019
Yaknow, with all my RAM that is *usually* not being used, I should probably make a small ramdisk for Minecraft. How much do I need to allocate, just enough to run Minecraft (about 1GB)?
I made mine 512mb but It wasnt enough for my 1 world instance! I guess all the mods really increase the world file size. Sooo yes 1 gb should be fine but check first(Go to the instances folder, select .minecraft the right click properties and itll show the size there)

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using a corsair force 3 gt SSD, and that thing can run like crazy. It can load minecraft using a 128x texture pack in about 2 seconds or so.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Hi All,

Any TP's that cover the entire DW20's pack yet? I like Sphax personaly but only like 75% complete. Am always on the look out for a New TP to try.

Cheers

ChiTown03

Jul 29, 2019
I used RAMDisk[DOUBLEPOST=1357774527][/DOUBLEPOST]My ramdisk transfer rate is 2,642MB/s basically 2.5GB/s

I've watched a few tutorials on setting up a ramdisk, but how would i go about doing this with multimc. As far as, what would my command line look like? mklink /j %appdata%\.minecraft K:\ (That is what it would look like for the standard mc client)

8BitLoser

Jul 29, 2019
I've watched a few tutorials on setting up a ramdisk, but how would i go about doing this with multimc. As far as, what would my command line look like? mklink /j %appdata%\.minecraft K:\ (That is what it would look like for the standard mc client)
I just copied my multimc to it than imported my instance

8BitLoser

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still not understanding could you be a little more specific please?
Sure. You know the MultiMC.exe file you download then put in the folder you want it to save stuff to? Put that in the RamDisk drive, then run it. Once its open, click the new instance thing where it gives you the options, to add new instance, copy instance, and import .minecraft folder. Select import new .minecraft folder, then navigate to the instance you want. Then you should be all good. Tell me if thats still confusing and I'll try to explain it better.

Reactions: ChiTown03

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
Sure. You know the MultiMC.exe file you download then put in the folder you want it to save stuff to? Put that in the RamDisk drive, then run it. Once its open, click the new instance thing where it gives you the options, to add new instance, copy instance, and import .minecraft folder. Select import new .minecraft folder, then navigate to the instance you want. Then you should be all good. Tell me if thats still confusing and I'll try to explain it better.

Couldn't you just copy+paste your whole FTB folder over?

ChiTown03

Jul 29, 2019
Im sorry but it still is a bit confusing. Do i need to put that command line in cmd or just the steps you've stated.

8BitLoser

Jul 29, 2019
Im sorry but it still is a bit confusing. Do i need to put that command line in cmd or just the steps you've stated.
I didnt use the cmd line at all. you can just copy the whole multiMC folder over to it, if its small enough.

ChiTown03

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh. Yea i tried that and really didn't notice any difference. I don't know why I tried to do it in the first place anyways. My pc is capable of running ftb perfectly fine. I was just looking for a little boost in the loading screen, but whatever.
Thanks for all your help. :D

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh. Yea i tried that and really didn't notice any difference. I don't know why I tried to do it in the first place anyways. My pc is capable of running ftb perfectly fine. I was just looking for a little boost in the loading screen, but whatever.
Thanks for all your help. :D
Man, it must be something about WD hard drives that FTB just loves.

Both of my Seagates (7200rpm) on two different machines take FTB a good 15-25 seconds to load without a texturepack.

VMC takes less than a second to load, though. xD

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion Sphax in high quality is good for when you play multipayer - with few mods.
Also 16x is much better for more intensive gameplay.

ChiTown03

Jul 29, 2019
Man, it must be something about WD hard drives that FTB just loves.

Both of my Seagates (7200rpm) on two different machines take FTB a good 15-25 seconds to load without a texturepack.

VMC takes less than a second to load, though. xD

I have it running off my ssd. FTB on multimc takes me roughly 5-7 seconds to load with a 32x t-pack. The regular mc client loads instantly for me too.