FTB Monster - Tick Rate Spikes

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
Hello good folk,
we are currently running the brand new Monster pack on our server and are encountering massive tick rate spikes every now and then. Opis shows that there is no major issues with mean times and the tick rate is usually up to a max of 20ms out of the 50ms it would need to start dropping tps.
Spigot timings profiler and jvm profiler suggest that it is ATG. A guy on IRC said that he tried with both vanilla and mcpc servers but period spikes are consistent with using ATG.
Surely there must be a fix for it as I have had experience with using ATG (on the same server no less) with Horizons and I cant imagine the FTB team including a mod that would ruin the experience across all server setups.

tiff

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I think I was speaking with you on IRC. I can confirm it's an issue with ATG. After removing the mod and deleting the world the issue is gone.

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
I can re-confirm that this is indeed caused by ATG. world reset with ATG deactivated leaves us without any issues.
This is consisten for both windows servers and linux based servers.
Seeing that ATG has all its custom biomes enabled (while BoP has approx. 80% disabled by default cfg) i do take it that its not an option to deactivate it on a already pre-gen'd world?

tiff

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently this is even happening in single player. All my staff can confirm, it was nearly unplayable.

FTBTeam surely should have known of this issue. Slightly annoying.

(Single player doesn't use MCPC+, so that rules that out completely. I'm tired of the MCPC+ blaming.)

Last edited:

Lausten

Jul 29, 2019
I can aswell report that ATG is the culprit, made a BoP map and now its running smooth..

Note this is single player experience.

tiff

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I hope the FTB Team sees this. Stick to you know works, test things before releasing. Your testers are not doing their job.

Remove ATG and enable BoP - BoP is the more diligent mod here.

Reactions: Lausten

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I hope the FTB Team sees this. Stick to you know works, test things before releasing. Your testers are not doing their job.

Remove ATG and enable BoP - BoP is the more diligent mod here.
Because this apparently bears repeating...

From here:
Monster 1.6.4 -BETA- Bug Reports said:
WARNING : This pack is a Public Beta with any luck nothing major will change in the next 3 weeks. ID's should be stable. However it is completely possible that something could go horrible wrong you may find a catastrophic bug the test team missed and you might lose a few things. Projected time to full release status - 2 weeks.
From the modpack Changelog:
Monster Changelog Disclaimer said:
This Pack is currently under development.

The mod listings for this pack will not be final until after open beta.

We do not currently guarantee your worlds until then.
And on the Launcher itself when loading:
First line of pack description of Monster on the FTB Launcher said:
Beta Testing Version; This pack is subject to change before final release!
From the weekly news post:
Weekly News Issue #1 said:
FTB Modpacks

We have several modpacks out for public testing, although none of these are technically considered stable yet, they are functioning and we are pushing updates as fast as we can to them. However most packs will soon switch back to the standard format of release on a Monday after a period of testing.

Our upcoming flagship pack is still in internal testing although I expect it to be added as a private pack for mainstream testing any day now.
TL;DR: These are beta packs.

Correct way to provide feedback on a beta: ATG seems to have what I consider some show-stopping tickrate performance issues and I really hope the FTB Modpack Team takes these issues into consideration and gets them ironed out before the final release of the Beta packs.

Incorrect way to provide feedback on a beta: ATG IS HORRIBLE Y U NO TEST THINGS B4 BETA FTB!?!?!?

Look back and consider which one your response more closely resembled.

Input received. Thread locked.

Edit: If you have a screenshot of an Opis profile or the like while this is ongoing, please feel free to head over to the Modpack Bugs thread and supply the information. I've relayed the gist of this discussion already so that the Team is on alert, but more specific data could be very helpful and is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
(Single player doesn't use MCPC+, so that rules that out completely. I'm tired of the MCPC+ blaming.)
I just need to put this out there:
Some people have tried or are using plugins for single player worlds (why, I have no idea)
If you are using plugins on a server, none of the issues that you encounter are reportable, unless you've replicated the issue without the additional things.

Plugins are blamed for issues that arise on servers. This is because, after mod packs are officially released, most of the bugs have been ironed out, and the FTB team and testers don't test the mods with plugins. They don't need to test with plugins, because we don't ship them with the mod packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.