ForgeEssentials permissions!

Did you have this much trouble setting up a FTB server?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • kinda, but I got help!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

97waterpolo

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys! I really need to fix the permissions for my server! I am using forge essentials and it all the commands and features are great. My problem is that when a player joins, they are automatically set the the group "Guests" and they can not do anything unless I manually set them to "Members". I tried copying all the permissions from "Members" over to "Guests" and when I look into the file though FTP it says they are both the same, yet in-game it doesn't work! I really need help. I personally want to completely remove the guest rank and immediately have them go to "Members". If needed, I will paste a pastie of the permissions.txt but I am 100% sure the permissions between "Members" and "Guests" are the same. I even tested the ranks seperately. I am thinking it has something to do with the groups.txt. I tried to completely delete the "Guests" rank and it still sets them there. I have "_ENTRY_PLAYER_" as the players in group for members yet it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

# Configuration file

####################
# _global_
####################

_global_ {
####################
# members
####################

members {
S:parent=
S:playersInGroup <
_ENTRY_PLAYER_
>
S:prefix= §0[§7Member§0]
I:priority=100
S:suffix=
}

####################
# Semi-Mods
####################

Semi-Mods {
>
S:prefix=§6[§eSemi-Mod§6]§f
I:priority=500
}

####################
# owners
####################

owners {
>
S:prefix=§c[OWNER]
I:priority=999
}

####################
# _ladders_
####################

_ladders_ {
S:mainLadder <
Owners
Semi-Mods
Members
>
}

}

luacs1998

Jul 29, 2019
Intended, change the default group, there's a config somewhere but I seem to have forgot where it was.
And no, we don't work with pex.