[FAQ] FTB Ultimate Clear Setup

AtroCty

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I have some free time again till the university starts out in winter.
I want to use that time to host now a new Server, but now with FTB-Ultimate FTB Unleashed.

Just to clarify, I don't want someone to create me a server nor telling me his own setup.
This should be just an orientation forme, and other upcomming hosters.

(And sorry, English isn't my native language, I hope you won't be harsh about my partially dumb grammar.)

Previously I hosted a MindCrack Server, but this was last year, assuming the plugins & tools changed thus far.
This is the reason why I created this thread, organizing the questions + answers in this post, making it a FAQ for other players so they can profitate from this topic.

My Server Plan:
  • max. 40 players, optimized for 10 people
  • Forge & Bukkit
  • World-Edit
  • Multiple worlds generation
  • (obviously) Permissions for all pluggins
  • Economy-System
  • --> Chest-Shops (and unlimited Admin-Chests)
  • --> Area-Protection bound with this
  • Ranks with a donation API connected to a website
  • Rank-based item-banlist
  • Rollback System
My Questions:
  1. Which Bukkit/Forge Plugin is currently the most relyable + stable? I used MCPC+ before, not sure if it works with Ultimate.
  2. Which World-Gernation pluggin is recommended? I used MultiVerse, but had bad experience in the past
  3. bPermissions was my favourite Permission plugin, but maybe there is a FTB-optimized plugin now?
  4. No clue about the economy plugin. Any recommendation, where it could be linked with area-protection?
  5. I also need a plugin which allows me to start server-commands if a redstone-signal is applied.
  6. Is TekkitCustomizer still used as a rank-based item-banlist ?
  7. Any good item-banlist of possible griefing items ?
  8. Do we have a pre-setup for the server that have allready Gregs-Tech in it ?
I would be thankful for every answered questions, hints and help !

Best regards

FAQ:
Which Bukkit/Forge Plugin is currently the most relyable + stable?
MCPC+
Which World-Generation pluggin is recommended?
Use MystCraft Ages.
Any good economy plugin with Claiming/ShopSystem/Voting-Link?
Vault, ChestShop and Enjin Page

€DIT: Realised wrong section, would a mod mind to move this topic ?

Cozza

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully I can help you out a little here:

Which Bukkit/Forge Plugin is currently the most relyable + stable? I used MCPC+ before, not sure if it works with Ultimate
MCPC+ is leaps and bounds ahead of BukkitForge

Which World-Gernation pluggin is recommended? I used MultiVerse, but had bad experience in the past:
I've used multiverse and had very few problems. But i prefer mystcrafts world generation. If you decide on multiverse, make sure to get the latest dev build.

bPermissions was my favourite Permission plugin, but maybe there is a FTB-optimized plugin now?
There's a thread around here a week or so ago with bPermissions having multiworld issues. I prefer PEX. Check out LegoBears ForgePerms and ForgePermsCBBridge. You can use the bukkit PEX for forge permissions nodes.

No clue about the economy plugin. Any recommendation, where it could be linked with area-protection?
most econ plugins are pretty standard, get one with vault support to have the best compatiblity with other mods.

I also need a plugin which allows me to start server-commands if a redstone-signal is applied.
Check out the SignShop plugin, you might be able to hit a few points with just one mod

Is TekkitCustomizer still used as a rank-based item-banlist ?
I haven't tried tekkitCustomizer on Unleashed. Many of us are using BanItem

Any good item-banlist of possible griefing items ?
Here is a GriefPrevention config

Do we have a pre-setup for the server that have allready Gregs-Tech in it ?
Not that i'm aware of

AtroCty

Jul 29, 2019
Updated.
  1. Any good tutorial for Mystcraft-Ages as Admin for Mining worlds?
  2. Is the a good banlist of items only for Ultimate?