[DW20 1.7.10 v1.2.1]Clearlagg configs

N-kay

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking about adding ClearLagg to my server to reduce lagg when I'm not available, but I don't want to screw things up with incomplete configs.
I'm mainly talking about the entity and mob whitelists, I don't want the plugin to remove things I'd might regret.
But I'm a little lost here. The only things I can think of to add right now are thaumcraft golems and Steve's Carts, but I don't even know the exact names for them to put in the config.

Can someone help me out here? I'd highly appreciate some help from someone who already went through this.

Shybella

Jul 29, 2019
Have you taken a look through your config folder? Each mod usually has a config that'll do more extensive and direct modifications without using a plugin. The only use for Clearlagg that provides benefit is the mob tracking range and entity chunk threshold removal.

The mob tracking range by default is very large. So when the mob is trying to find a path to a target it has to calculate exactly what moves it would take to achieve movement from point A to B. Reducing this number will make lots of CPU headroom.

Entity removal is pretty self explanatory in this case. You can stop SC removal by adding minecarts to the whitelist. You won't mess anything up, always backup your configs and make sure to do testing on a development server, never on your live server.

Let me know if you have any other questions.