Crash when adding GT to Unleashed

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
w/o gregtech, it works, with gregtech, crashes out.​
i have adjusted the config files to resolve a BlockID error, and to tailor to my liking.​
and if anyone can teach me how to read one of these reports, i would appreciate it.​

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried updating your java? It seems horribly out of date...
eh. probably should, but for some reason autoupdator wont do it, and i dont really know how to do it manually. yea, im stupid, but better than my parents or grandparents.
ill work on it.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
They were wrong. Neither GT/TC will crash each other if their configs conflict (that particular set of versions of both mods was never part of a mod pack). The only interaction issue is if 4 wood is enabled in TC and 2 wood is enabled in GT, the handsaw will only produce 4 wood whereas if 4 wood is enabled in GT the handsaw will produce 5 wood.

Seriously, update your java. You're on 1.6u23, which was released in December of 2010. Just download the new version without the updater. Install it in a separate folder if you want to keep the old one.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
They were wrong. Neither GT/TC will crash each other if their configs conflict (that particular set of versions of both mods was never part of a mod pack). The only interaction issue is if 4 wood is enabled in TC and 2 wood is enabled in GT, the handsaw will only produce 4 wood whereas if 4 wood is enabled in GT the handsaw will produce 5 wood.

Seriously, update your java. You're on 1.6u23, which was released in December of 2010. Just download the new version without the updater. Install it in a separate folder if you want to keep the old one.

yea, just did that. gonna try again.
i posted that i was having issues in another thread, and getting a lot of feedback there. nother person mentioned BoP ID conflicts, but thats not what the crashlog shows.

EDIT: here ya go: http://pastebin.com/EGMDi0nc

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
googled the "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 32000" error, seems you put an ID number too high?

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
yea, just did that. gonna try again.
i posted that i was having issues in another thread, and getting a lot of feedback there. nother person mentioned BoP ID conflicts, but thats not what the crashlog shows.

EDIT: here ya go: http://pastebin.com/EGMDi0nc

Here the changes to resolve the conflict between BoP and GregTech. Maybe make a backup of the configs and simply try it out.

FTB Unhinged or Unleashed?

jowanw

Jul 29, 2019
Before i add any mod to a existing pack i launch a clean version and load up a sp world, then openup my inventory and click on options from nei. then go to Block/Item ID Setting, Press On Ignore unused blockids to switch it to dump unused blockIDs then you press on Dump ID Map now. what this will do is make a file in youre pack called something like ''IDMAP dump 26-7-2013 at 10.30.45.3.txt" This will show all existing ids and the unused ids. now you edit the gregtech ids in the config from gregtech, and use the ids with nothing behind them.

Hope this helps, it works for me.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
googled the "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 32000" error, seems you put an ID number too high?
hm. looked at the GT configs, nothing over 32000(i assume thats the max?), except the digital chest count. and thats not it, because the unhinged pack loads up with that number.
you want the config files?

ok, working through the list of that mess jowan
done. looking through block/item IDs is a PITA. no conflicts.

does Item. Name: item.null. ID: 31999 mean anything?

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
solved. turns out there was a pluginsforforestry conflict.
someone else fixed it and provided the GT cfg file to update it.
works now.
thanks for the assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.