Battle of Verdun - Signup

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome Potential Soldiers! As you may be aware, our country is currently engaged in a brutal war against the terrifying enemy of Arachnia (If you didn't know this, I have no idea why you came to a recruiting office). WE NEED YOUR HELP TO DEFEAT THEM! You may all take an informational packet, and please be seated.

For those interested, this job only pays you in food, equipment and a place to stay. Now, the food is usually stale, the equipment may or may not have some of the previous owner’s organs on it, and the place to stay rhymes with “suddy bench.” BUT DON’T BE DISCOURAGED! None of that is the worst part about working for the government! I'm not even going to mention to people trying to kill you and take your stuff! oh wait...

By now, you may be wondering “Why on earth would I take this job?” For those of you who signed all the paperwork before reading it, too bad, you’re already stuck with this job. Those of you who decided to read your paperwork, I urge you to get out while you still have the chance.

What? You still want to join the Army? And go off to a war? Wow, you guys are more resilient than I thought. It looks like I’ll make my quota for this month after all! CAKE FOR ME!

Here’s the list of people who have already signed up! These brave fools are the only line of defense between you and the tyranny of Arachnia (totally not spider people). HOPEFULLY THEY ALL GET MEDALS AND LIVE!

1. HeilMewTwo
2. VikeStep
3. SoraZodia
4. Shazam08
6. Someone Else 37
5. Lethosos
7. sgbros1
8. RJS
9. Eruantien
10. TheEpic5
11. dylanpiera
12. SpwnX
13. ljfa
14. Pyure
15. fowltief
16. 016Nojr

Man, I hope none of these guys are spies. We actually don’t have a vetting process.

Last edited:

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
Wait, we were supposed to read the paperwork? Well, sign me up anyways it not like we will be send to fight against a foreign country or anything like that.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
*puts down Striking's name on the paperwork*

In!

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Having read the paperwork, am I right in thinking there cannot be a convo between 2 people?

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
Having read the paperwork, am I right in thinking there cannot be a convo between 2 people?

You would be correct! This is directly down from Battalion CP, where Colonel Meow has ordered that soldiers must travel in groups of at least three. He gave a reason for it, but it was drowned out by the loud purring.

For those of you unaware, this is Colonel Meow. He is your new superior office, and anybody caught will a laser point will be shot on sight.
Colonel Meow smaller.jpg

If anybody would like to argue against this new rule, please report to Human Resources immediately.

If you would like to turn in a laser pointer, the shooting range is the north most structure in the camp

Reactions: dylanpiera

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
I for one am fond of muddy wenches. I'm in!

This was the original rhyme, but Colonel Meow shut that down pretty quickly. Apparently the though of "muddy wenches" may raise the moral of some of the men, and as everybody knows, high moral is the bane of an army.