Art for a modpack

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! I'm working on a modpack for 1.7 focused around Thaumcraft, it's addons and Blood Magic.

I was wondering if anyone could make a splash and an icon please?

The pack is magical in theme and I'd like the images to reflect that.

The pack is called "Tainted Blood: Thaumic Sanguimancy"

The splash needs to be 420x200 pixels and the icon needs to be 42x42 pixels. Thank-you.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! I'll just need you to tell me the theme color, if you want any already existing images to be added in, what's the desired style, etc'.

Theme colour should be mixture of purples and reds to match Thaumcraft and Bloodmagic. Nothing else is desired in particular, just make it look awesome.

Ooh. Actually, use a creepy font.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Here, I found this image.
Dark_Mage_by_caiomm.jpg

And thought it was perfect for a kinda of creepy magic themed pack.

B79vsU0.png

Here's what's looking right now - there's a lot to add, but - do you like the direction it's heading?

Last edited:

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Here, I found this image.
Dark_Mage_by_caiomm.jpg

And thought it was perfect for a kinda of creepy magic themed pack.

B79vsU0.png

Here's what's looking right now - there's a lot to add, but - do you like the direction it's heading?

I do. Could you fade him into the background a bit to make him less noticeable? Then cover it up with text?

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble finding a good creepy font - all of them look like crap. I'm going to use a font similar to the PhoenixCraft one, but more condensed, and the lighting on it is going to give a creepy look - is that good?
If I like your posts will you accept that as a yes?

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
If I like your posts will you accept that as a yes?

It would be nice to have a little of more detailed feedback - if that's okay.

0O9xD0f.jpg

Here's the new image - I gave up on that red curve above the mage's head, it was unfitting in general - I added a small bit of dust in the background only to add a little bit of detail. The "Tainted Blood" font is the only 'creepy' font I could found that wasn't completely shit - and I actually enjoyed how it turned out. The 'Thaumic Sanguimancy' a little bit hidden, I was going to ask you how that looked - personally, I think it looks pretty smooth. As you can notice, I made both texts different tones of purple, being the 'Tainted Blood' bordering the red you wanted. Also made the mage slightly smaller and the lighting was tweaked a bit.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice to have a little of more detailed feedback - if that's okay.

0O9xD0f.jpg

Here's the new image - I gave up on that red curve above the mage's head, it was unfitting in general - I added a small bit of dust in the background only to add a little bit of detail. The "Tainted Blood" font is the only 'creepy' font I could found that wasn't completely shit - and I actually enjoyed how it turned out. The 'Thaumic Sanguimancy' a little bit hidden, I was going to ask you how that looked - personally, I think it looks pretty smooth. As you can notice, I made both texts different tones of purple, being the 'Tainted Blood' bordering the red you wanted. Also made the mage slightly smaller and the lighting was tweaked a bit.

I really like it. One thing I would change though. I can't read "Thaumic Sanguimancy" as it's obscured by the mage. Could you reposition it so I can read it?