Reorder of modpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Today we fixed the order of the modpacks to make more sense in terms of what people use so don't me alarmed if you have problems finding your modpack it is still there it's just in a different place in the list!

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
Is this a coming change? NOthing's changed on my launcher.

That's my question too. Minecraft 1.6 will be out this week, will we get a "stable" version of the 1.5.2 mods this week also?
Despite the "unstable" - they've been very stable. But they have said 0.7 is out (I haven't seen it either) and it will be "official" in a week or two (unless something bad happens...)

CapstoneGaming

Jul 29, 2019
http://pastebin.com/bM69E7HJ
Anybody know why this may be happening?
(My modpacks wont load... at all)

Not sure who got "fixed" but I got the exact same error/crash/no-worky-you-breaky-my-gamey message[DOUBLEPOST=1372112731][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not sure who got "fixed" but I got the exact same error/crash/no-worky-you-breaky-my-gamey message

Okay... I guess restarting the launcher three of four times is the key... it's working now, but I have no clue why...

Thanks.

P.S. I REALLY REALLY want to start using Applied Energistics 11. Any idea when 1.5 will be ready for Ultimate?!

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure who got "fixed" but I got the exact same error/crash/no-worky-you-breaky-my-gamey message[DOUBLEPOST=1372112731][/DOUBLEPOST]

Okay... I guess restarting the launcher three of four times is the key... it's working now, but I have no clue why...

Thanks.

P.S. I REALLY REALLY want to start using Applied Energistics 11. Any idea when 1.5 will be ready for Ultimate?!

Force Update the launcher.

Ultimate isn't going to be 1.5.

pepperspray137

Jul 29, 2019
Is this a coming change? NOthing's changed on my launcher.

Despite the "unstable" - they've been very stable. But they have said 0.7 is out (I haven't seen it either) and it will be "official" in a week or two (unless something bad happens...)

So the "we will release the new modpacks when 1.6 is released" was a bunch of bs? I know on DW20's videos I heard lots of "screw the fans, we're playing," so my confidence in these DEVs is insanely low. I know these are pretty much the best mods in the world of Minecraft atm, but hubris and insults rarely endear people to their fan bases. Before the big FTB launcher was the "thing" mod makers actually had mods out shortly after Minecraft updated, nearly every time. Now I guess it's more important to make cash on twitch and youtube than it is to continue to make their mods for their fans to play.

I know I sound like a b#$@% but honestly it erks me when the fan base is disregarded so bluntly and with so much animosity. People want to know when when when, because they love the mods, not just to give DEVs a hard time. Stop and think about that as you listen to the annoying "squees" of jaded as she brags about making partner on twitch. Hows about fan service instead of servicing yourselves for a while?

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
Get the new FTB 1.5.2 beta pack when it releases. It'll have Applied Energistics and some other mods. It won't be exactly like Ultimate obviously, but if you want AE that's one of the few places you can get it on FTB.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
So the "we will release the new modpacks when 1.6 is released" was a bunch of bs? I know on DW20's videos I heard lots of "screw the fans, we're playing," so my confidence in these DEVs is insanely low. I know these are pretty much the best mods in the world of Minecraft atm, but hubris and insults rarely endear people to their fan bases. Before the big FTB launcher was the "thing" mod makers actually had mods out shortly after Minecraft updated, nearly every time. Now I guess it's more important to make cash on twitch and youtube than it is to continue to make their mods for their fans to play.

I know I sound like a b#$@% but honestly it erks me when the fan base is disregarded so bluntly and with so much animosity. People want to know when when when, because they love the mods, not just to give DEVs a hard time. Stop and think about that as you listen to the annoying "squees" of jaded as she brags about making partner on twitch. Hows about fan service instead of servicing yourselves for a while?

What are you even talking about? There are two mods that I can think of that haven't updated to 1.5.2. All of the others have updated, some multiple times, with lots of new content/features.

And Jaded is not a mod developer. So dislike her all you want, but that has nothing to do with the rest of your rant.

PS, there are several versions of a 1.5.2 modpack in the launcher. They just aren't recommended because 1.6 will change a lot. They didn't want players to restart, then have to restart again.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Also you can grab a copy of MultiMC and download the current versions of the mods yourself. There's dozens of DIY threads on the forums to help you. There's no need to bash people who are trying to help

Reactions: Nerixel

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Also you do realise yes, that while making those "annoying squees" She also put together a 1.5.2 modpack which is also available on the launcher ?

Reactions: Nerixel

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

Interestingly enough, I am not a mod dev, I am only responsible for one mod pack... which was just released. And I have been a partner on Twitch for several months. Morv is the one who recently made partner, and she is also not a mod dev and not in charge of pack updates... sooo how precisely does the partner thing effect updates? Morv and I (the two twitch partners you could be refering to) manage to do our jobs for FTB just fine. None of our responsibilities include the modpack updates.

knightlyzach

Jul 29, 2019
@Jadedcat I just wanted to say that you are really funny and you make me laugh when I watch Direwolf20's Server Let's Play video series on youtube. I've been going through a lot lately, and I just wanted to say thank you for that. Also, from what I saw of your castle that you built, I think it looks awesome with all of the different colored trees surrounding the castle and the color of wood you chose. It brings out a lot in your building. I wish all of the FTB team lots of luck and good fortune for all of you.

Reactions: AshtenD
Status
Not open for further replies.