[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

DtZNimpo

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to be able to open the HQM book on a server , i just downloaded the pack and server i didn't edit anything, why no work? both console and game client says the questing mode is already activated.

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I know right? lol. Might be a little bit of extra traffic heading this way I think...

Also funny to see how many things you think are intuitive when you're playing through are actually apparently not quite so obvious... hope they pick up on the NPCQuests soon or they'll have a lot of backtracking to do... :)
Right? I think the idea that some NPC's sleep at night I am going to update the HQM book to mention...lol

I purposely set the map on first minute of daylight with the hopes that was enough time to get to the king while he was awake which would have, in theory, then opened up that some npc's sleep when you inevitably went back at night...lol

I can't seem to be able to open the HQM book on a server , i just downloaded the pack and server i didn't edit anything, why no work? both console and game client says the questing mode is already activated.
What version did you download? Apparently the client and server have to match for the HQM folder in the configs. Copy your client side HQM folder over to the server side and it should fix that

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

DtZNimpo

Jul 29, 2019
ill give it a try , but both version on server and client report being the same HQM-The Journey (4.2.1)

Edit. also the idea of bringing Ender IO into this gets a +1 from me aswell.

DtZNimpo

Jul 29, 2019
K im lost , i just did what you said copied the jar from client to the server and replaced it , said the client one was newer , and it won't open.

Edit. OOps just read what you post after i post this , ill give it a shot.

Edit2. Yep that fixed it thanks! :)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
K im lost , i just did what you said copied the jar from client to the server and replaced it , said the client one was newer , and it won't open.
Please read carefully, the config folder has a HQM folder. Copy that folder from the client version over to the same folder and overwrite the one on the server.

The mod is not the issue, the saved quest data files are.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Found a bug with the npc Yakkob junkman , he accepts 32 eggs for silver coin , yet eggs only stack by 16 not 32 so can't trade those.
hmm, i'll take another look at it, should take two stacks from you, but easy enough to change if needed.
Just so you know this happened.
Yup! saw it but thank you bunches...it's so absolutely exciting!

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
ok so thank you everyone for telling about porting ftb instances over to multimc wow what a life saver, the 1fps i was getting from it was insane.

on to my question, are the chests in the portal building suppossed to be stacked full with stacks of gold diamonds and a bunch of other stuff?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering something:) If you finish all your quest's is there a way to reset your quest book to do it all again? I'm no were near doing so, and I know it would be kind of pointless to do so, cause you would be far into the game to get most things you could get from the reward bags, I was just wondering.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
ok so thank you everyone for telling about porting ftb instances over to multimc wow what a life saver, the 1fps i was getting from it was insane.

on to my question, are the chests in the portal building suppossed to be stacked full with stacks of gold diamonds and a bunch of other stuff?
Well, as I have said before, it is play as you want to, but keep in mind that heroes don't steal, and taking stuff early game like that will really ruin the experience of playing the pack since you will have access to stuff that would throw the balance out of whack.
I was wondering something:) If you finish all your quest's is there a way to reset your quest book to do it all again? I'm no were near doing so, and I know it would be kind of pointless to do so, cause you would be far into the game to get most things you could get from the reward bags, I was just wondering.
No easy way, no. CustomNPC, yes...lol

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
well, if you are able to preform commands IIRC there is a HQM command that gives you a book. This book allows you to auto clear quests and delete progress.

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to get back on worlds that have been loaded. Says something along the lines of "Backup is using a .dat files, you should make a back up" Then it has a yes and no button. Yes doesn't seem to do anything and no just puts me back to the main screen.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
try removing the backups folders that aroma creates and try to load the world again and let me know what happens next.