[1.7.10] The Entanglement Matrix [JamPacked II] [Mod-CTM]

electrifeye

Jul 29, 2019
vsktXzp.png
"When the first border world was discovered, it revolutionised modern physics. Now we have found the entire entanglement matrix, and it has destroyed our world."

In the entanglement matrix you are tasked with exploring a ruined world in a desperate attempt to prevent any further destruction. Travel to the exotic worlds which caused the destruction of our own, and recover the only items capable of reversing (or freezing) the process.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unlike many modpacks these days, this is not a map based around a modpack. This is a modpack based around a map, where the map has had an enormous amount of work put into it, which is complemented by mods to enhance the gameplay experience. Mods like Applied Energistics & Thermal expansion are included to enable you to build an awesome base built around these mods - And there are plenty of resources around the world to help you do this. However, you will never be required to craft a single item from one of these mods.

The main focus of the pack is on completing "worlds", which are the 'dungeons' for the pack. Each contains an objective block, which you must collect and safely transport home to your base to complete the map. These worlds will often be a challenge - they are usually filled with monsters in a variety of different terrain. All the information you need is provided using the Lore Expansion mod upon creating a new world.

How to install:
  1. Download and install the legacy FTB launcher from http://www.feed-the-beast.com/
  2. Open the launcher and click on the button "Pack Codes"
  3. Enter the code "entanglematrix" (no quotes) and click "Add"
  4. Scroll down to the bottom of the list on the Third Party Packs tab and click on The Entanglement Matrix.
  5. Click launch and enjoy!

Modlist:

Screenshots:
TgOXySj.png

kLwyCMt.png

SvjH0dc.png

PK95qj6.png

twoLj1h.png

5V7Kyf4.png

Changelogs:
Version 1.0.3:
  • Initial public release
Version 1.0.4:
  • Replaced beds in some dungeons with spawnpoint command blocks
Version 1.1.0:
  • A new main menu using Custom Main Menu & Resource Loader
  • Added InvTweaks
  • Made a feedback survey & added button to main menu (https://goo.gl/TSXX0M)

Videos:

Pack Code: entanglematrix

You're free to make youtube videos and spotlights of my map and modpack. In fact I'd love you to, as I love watching people play my maps. If you do make a map, please let me know and I'll add a link to your video in this thread.

Of course, if you find any bugs, issues, or anything else in general you think should be changed, please leave a comment to let me know. In fact, I'd love it if you left a comment no matter what you thought, if it's negative/constructive it helps me improve, if it's positive it helps motivate me to do more of this sort of thing in future :).

This pack was made in two months for the Jampacked 2 modpack competition. Congratulations to the winners, and to all other packs which entered the contest!

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
So... custom maps, no crafting, no survival, special areas with blocks to retrieve... Why didnt you just added CTM at the title?

Would help getting some attection from the players that like to play modded CTM's and cant find them!

C. Elephante

Jul 29, 2019
I enjoyed the pack. It's easily one of the most beautiful Minecraft maps I've ever played. I also really liked how the lore book and quest details were implemented. It's a little short. A few more Anti-Matter blocks would have been welcome. Good job, Electrifeye.

electrifeye

Jul 29, 2019
Howdy! Having an excellent time so far. decided to run a series here is episode #1 for your consideration. :)
Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Will add video to front page & watch it myself :). Hope you continue to have fun!

So... custom maps, no crafting, no survival, special areas with blocks to retrieve... Why didnt you just added CTM at the title?

Would help getting some attection from the players that like to play modded CTM's and cant find them!
Hmm, I did add a [Mod-CTM] tag to the title, I thought that was clear enough but never mind :p. Also I wouldn't say survival and crafting are completely removed, like vanilla CTMs they're still very much a part of the gameplay - just the map has other content that you as a player can choose how you want to balance your time between, and it's possible to play a lot less of the survival side if that's not quite your thing.

I enjoyed the pack. It's easily one of the most beautiful Minecraft maps I've ever played. I also really liked how the lore book and quest details were implemented. It's a little short. A few more Anti-Matter blocks would have been welcome. Good job, Electrifeye.
Again, really glad to hear you enjoyed it! I originally had plans for 8 border worlds, but had to cut it down to 5 due to the time constraints of the competition :(. As for the lore book mod (Lore Expansion), I didn't want to make yet another HQM modpack (as much as I enjoy them), as mod progression wasn't really the direction of the pack. I thought it served as a good middle platform to give some brief story and point the player in the right direction, without becoming the primary focus of the pack.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I did add a [Mod-CTM] tag to the title, I thought that was clear enough but never mind :p.

I totally failed to notice it...:oops:

You should move the tag to be beginning of the title, where they usually are and helps readability, since when a user tries to scan the first words of every post just needs to move the eyes vertically. At the end of the title, we keep having to go left and right because not all titles have the same lenght.

arufino32

Jul 29, 2019
This modpack...
All I can say is Congratulations!!!
This is the best fun i've had in minecraft since BloodNBones.

electrifeye

Jul 29, 2019
This modpack...
All I can say is Congratulations!!!
This is the best fun i've had in minecraft since BloodNBones.
Really happy to hear you liked it :D. I'd be really interested to know if there were any features/areas in particular you really liked/disliked, it'd really help me in future :)?

You should move the tag to be beginning of the title, where they usually are and helps readability, since when a user tries to scan the first words of every post just needs to move the eyes vertically. At the end of the title, we keep having to go left and right because not all titles have the same lenght.
I've considered it, but looking down the forums noone else seems to put genre tags at the start of the post, just version, and I think it's a bit more readable if I follow the conventions of other threads. Also the title is an important thing to see as even though pepole may click on the thread immediately, they may look back and think "Oh that was the name of that CTM I meant to click on but didn't". A search of the forum for keyword CTM seems to work ok anyway, bringing up ME3 & my map.