[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just trying to see whether there is a method to split the 64,000L/s output into two 32,000L/s pipelines that will deliver the steam to the 2 turbines
Depending on the flow you want it may be possible to use gregtech pipes to force the right amount (checked, there isnt any GT pipe with 32000mb/s). You will need one output hatch per pipeline and then you use a GT pipe that has a maximum capacity that is the nominal flowrate of the turbine. There are a few things you can controle flows but typically not at such high flowrates as you are looking at right now. i think 4 flowcontrollers (max 20000mb/s per controller) would solve your problems though. If you have a decent amount of tungstensteel i would recommend the 48000 mb/s turbine, it works really well. Thats the solition i used for my oversized lava setup. It consumes 1800 mb of lava per second to produce about 14400 eu/t in a superheated steam system. SInce im using large fluxed electrum pipes i can controle the flowrate into the turbines with the huge tungstensteel pipes

http://prntscr.com/b6yp21

While I'm at it, how exactly did you upgrade your farming station? What fertiliser do you use?
The main boost comes from 8 lamps of growth that are underneath the farm (i could have more if i wanted and it would be even quicker). The herba is gained from sapplings. Moreover i have fertilizer made from apatite and ashes that i get from creating the heavy oil atm. However i will go over to ic2 fertilizer that i get from the distilation tower when i create the biomass. I mostly just use the axe and not the shear as it produces waaaaaaaaaaay more than my biogas production can handle. I use it every once in a while to fill up on a bit of leaves. Have about 600 stacks of leaves atm. At current speed it makes maybe 200 stacks of wood per 30 minutes

http://prntscr.com/b6yq90

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on the flow you want it may be possible to use gregtech pipes to force the right amount (checked, there isnt any GT pipe with 32000mb/s). You will need one output hatch per pipeline and then you use a GT pipe that has a maximum capacity that is the nominal flowrate of the turbine. There are a few things you can controle flows but typically not at such high flowrates as you are looking at right now. i think 4 flowcontrollers (max 20000mb/s per controller) would solve your problems though. If you have a decent amount of tungstensteel i would recommend the 48000 mb/s turbine, it works really well. Thats the solition i used for my oversized lava setup. It consumes 1800 mb of lava per second to produce about 14400 eu/t in a superheated steam system. SInce im using large fluxed electrum pipes i can controle the flowrate into the turbines with the huge tungstensteel pipes

http://prntscr.com/b6yp21

Wow I learnt quite a lot looking at that setup, though what do you mean by flowcontrollers?

The main boost comes from 8 lamps of growth that are underneath the farm (i could have more if i wanted and it would be even quicker). The herba is gained from sapplings. Moreover i have fertilizer made from apatite and ashes that i get from creating the heavy oil atm. However i will go over to ic2 fertilizer that i get from the distilation tower when i create the biomass. I mostly just use the axe and not the shear as it produces waaaaaaaaaaay more than my biogas production can handle. I use it every once in a while to fill up on a bit of leaves. Have about 600 stacks of leaves atm. At current speed it makes maybe 200 stacks of wood per 30 minutes

http://prntscr.com/b6yq90

Unfortunately I do not have access to lamps of growth, so I need to rely on fertiliser. Is this fertiliser you speak of from Forestry and can be accepted by the farming station? And also I'm curious can you charge your dark steel axe while it's in the farming station?

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, remembered the wrong name. They are called fluid regulators, they require a small amount of energy but the ui is easy enough to use. The block outputs the fluids towards the grey circle side at the desired output with a mb/t precision.

Im currently using forestry fertilizer however both bonemeal and ic2 fertilizer would also work i imagine. I should note that the thing that makes the setup extremly quick are the lamps. Fertilizer helps but not as much.
I dont know why but the wireless charging station has not been working for recharging the tools while it is inside the farming station so it has been rather hands on for me. And from what i know i dont think i can insert or output tools at certain energy levels either so im not entirely sure how i could completly automate it. I checked so that the wireless recharger was in range however no cigar

Last edited:
S

Sven "flamestrider"

Sorry, remembered the wrong name. They are called fluid regulators, they require a small amount of energy but the ui is easy enough to use. The block outputs the fluids towards the grey circle side at the desired output with a mb/t precision.

Im currently using forestry fertilizer however both bonemeal and ic2 fertilizer would also work i imagine. I should note that the thing that makes the setup extremly quick are the lamps. Fertilizer helps but not as much.
I dont know why but the wireless charging station has not been working for recharging the tools while it is inside the farming station so it has been rather hands on for me. And from what i know i dont think i can insert or output tools at certain energy levels either so im not entirely sure how i could completly automate it. I checked so that the wireless recharger was in range however no cigar
Huh, that's too bad then I guess... how long does a charge last in the farm, both time wise and output wise?

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
As you might understand that depends on the speed of the farm itself. In my case where i have a lot of boost it lasts maybe 10 minutes or so so i need to figure something out so i dont have to babysit it so much. However it works since it is so overdimensioned compared to what i need so i can run it for a while and babysit it and then i dont have to run it for quite some time.

Im thinking autocrafting stone axes or something similar should work fairly well. However this cannot be done for shearing the leaves

Edit: I havent been able to find the exact power usage of the tools. They have a 1000k rf buffer and it states that 95% of the recieved damage uses rf instead of durability damage. However how much that translates into i dont know. I also don't know if it only considers the wood blocks for damage or the entire tree with all the leaves so it is a bit hard to approximate right now.
I would say the farm produces something like 5-8 wood per second on average and something like a stack of leaves per second when i use shear. The shear gets emptied much faster than the axe so you have to check it every 5 minutes or so, axe is more like 10-15 mins.

Both have octadic capacitator and unbreaking 3

Last edited:

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
Oh well looks like most people grow their tree farms using magic, which I probably will never download. This probably means that I am most likely gonna struggle through MV age in future worlds even with the Pyrolyse Oven as I have no steady source of wood - maybe I should use Minetweaker to change up some recipes.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Farming station is very good, a maxed out octadic capacitator with fertilizer should cover your needs for sure, especially if you use one of the better wood trees . I think you should be able to get it at MV so you should be fine. My advice on MV age is to go into oil rather than treefarms though. Even just oilsand can produce a huge amount of power if you convert it into nitro diesel for not so much manual labour.

You can check out a simple oilsand to nitro diesel setup in this sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...bFxEPIlYP19qZGNUgDUOqpP4Q/edit#gid=1352951525

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Farming station is very good, a maxed out octadic capacitator with fertilizer should cover your needs for sure, especially if you use one of the better wood trees . I think you should be able to get it at MV so you should be fine. My advice on MV age is to go into oil rather than treefarms though. Even just oilsand can produce a huge amount of power if you convert it into nitro diesel for not so much manual labour.

You can check out a simple oilsand to nitro diesel setup in this sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...bFxEPIlYP19qZGNUgDUOqpP4Q/edit#gid=1352951525
Oh well looks like most people grow their tree farms using magic, which I probably will never download. This probably means that I am most likely gonna struggle through MV age in future worlds even with the Pyrolyse Oven as I have no steady source of wood - maybe I should use Minetweaker to change up some recipes.
What Joel said... I have a octadic boosted EnderIO farm(no TC-growthlamps so far)... when I feel I need more wood for specific tasks I grab the axe(or in my case a MV chainsaw) and manually chop down a few fir trees, takes almost no time and gives chests upon chests of wood... and I mean if one farm isn't enough for continuous production-lines you could use two of them ;)
And if you don't like the issue with the axe there is the forestry farms... so many choices.

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
What Joel said... I have a octadic boosted EnderIO farm(no TC-growthlamps so far)... when I feel I need more wood for specific tasks I grab the axe(or in my case a MV chainsaw) and manually chop down a few fir trees, takes almost no time and gives chests upon chests of wood... and I mean if one farm isn't enough for continuous production-lines you could use two of them ;)
And if you don't like the issue with the axe there is the forestry farms... so many choices.

1) How do you power your octadic-upgraded farming station though? Even without any capacitor, chopping down the wood takes an immense chunk out of the machine's energy buffer. This gets worse if the farm is 'overclocked' aka tree growth is sped up.

2) I believe fir trees can't be grown in the farming station though - you manually forage into the forest to lumber a couple trees?

3) What actually do you use to grow your trees quickly?

Maybe I should take a look at Forestry. Never played with that mod before.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

1) How do you power your octadic-upgraded farming station though? Even without any capacitor, chopping down the wood takes an immense chunk out of the machine's energy buffer. This gets worse if the farm is 'overclocked' aka tree growth is sped up.

2) I believe fir trees can't be grown in the farming station though - you manually forage into the forest to lumber a couple trees?

3) What actually do you use to grow your trees quickly?

Maybe I should take a look at Forestry. Never played with that mod before.
1: Too many options to choose from to be honest... and brief ;) My current (main) energy supply is from nitrodiesel and methane... but steam would work just as well.
2: the fir trees I referred to is my manual "off-the-side" farm, that I use for manual farming, then replant 2x2 saplings as I harvest.
3: since I've gotten a nitrodiesel line up I don't need too much wood for energy, so right now I'm just letting the IO farm run without boosting-reagents. (bonemeal, apatite and so on)
Before(from early steam age into part of MV age) I had nitrodiesel production I used loads of wood in a charcoal pit(GT) and used that for steam->methane production since it's easier to transport energy when it's in the energy dense methane form rather than in steam form.

Reactions: Joel Falk

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
Additionally I'm now testing the large plasma turbine. I can't simulate a flow rate of 7.8125mB/t of helium plasma, so I'm using a fluid regulator with 7mB/t, feeding into a large plasma turbine with a small fluxed electrum turbine. Also, I found that the optimal plasma flow on the turbine tooltip is rather deceiving - it's half the actual value.

Key constants:
Additional efficiency modifier = 7 / 7.8125 = 0.896, Turbine efficiency modifier = 0.8, Turbine optimal steam flow = 16,000L/s

What I expect:
Nominal plasma output = (16,000L/s * 40) / 20 = 32,000EU/t
Full-efficiency energy output = 7mB/t * 4096 = 28,672EU/t
Theoretical energy output = 28,672EU/t * 0.896 * 0.8 = ~20552EU/t

However, when I test my system, I get an output of 20,070EU/t (all hail the portable scanner! Just discovered it). Working backwards I get a full-efficiency energy output of 28,000EU/t instead. I'm not sure whether there is an additional modifier in here somewhere, or that the fuel value of helium plasma somehow became 4000EU/L from 4096EU/L.

P.S. Well if it helps I ran two more different turbines - Normal fluxed electrum turbine with 105% efficiency and 64,000EU/t nominal plasma output gave 13,171EU/t and a normal tungstencarbide turbine with 115% efficiency and 56,000EU/t nominal plasma output gave 16,486EU/t, both of which working backward give 28,000EU/t as well.
Sorry can someone please comment on this? It's the final obstacle I have before I can start using the turbines full on.

Last edited:

Gambo

Jul 29, 2019
I've been working on automating the Gregtech packager with the "dusts" schematic to change mixed tiny dusts into regular dusts. Of course, the trick is to isolate the tiny dusts into packets of 9 (or multiples of 9) so that the leftover dusts don't clog the packager (not allowing other types of dusts in). So here is my design:
packager.jpg
And a picture of the actual implementation:
packager2.jpg

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
Impressive. However, do you know about the existence of the chest buffer? It holds as many items as a vanilla chest, and by configuring the output face with a screwdriver you can program the number of items pulled out at once. If you change the output stacksize to 9 and place it next to the packager, by supplying it a bit of energy, it can automate the combination of 27 different types of tiny piles of dusts.

Of course, during ore processing and such there will be more than 27 types of tiny dusts. The bright side is that the chest buffer can output 1 amp of its respective energy tier towards its output side. This means that I can have a packager surrounded by up to 4 chest buffers without being directly hooked to power, and the whole system can automate up to 108 different types of dust, all within a 3x3 cube. If I somehow require automation for more types I can simply replicate the setup.

I would post pics of my setup but I'm not gonna be home for the next 4 days.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I've been working on automating the Gregtech packager with the "dusts" schematic to change mixed tiny dusts into regular dusts. Of course, the trick is to isolate the tiny dusts into packets of 9 (or multiples of 9) so that the leftover dusts don't clog the packager (not allowing other types of dusts in). So here is my design:
View attachment 27604
And a picture of the actual implementation:
View attachment 27606

Are you implementing this in the current version of the Infitech modpack? If so, LogisticsPipes is in this modpack, and while it's a bit of work to set it up, you might be able to set it up to have a Logistics Pipe of the appropriate type insert dusts directly into the GregTech packager with a stacksize of whatever is needed to make the desired output dust. If memory serves, LogisticsPipes should only pull dusts from an inventory if there are enough of the desired type to insert in, if they are configured correctly. You will want to use the LogisticsPipes that are called Chassis Pipes, because they're cheaper than spending extra resources on gears or more expensive items, and insert modules into them to make this work. I know from watching Direwolf20 on YouTube that this is possible with LogisticsPipes, as he did this in his recent - and still running - Infinity Evolved Skyblock playthrough with Soaryn.

I'd be interested to know if you can figure out if it's possible to do in the Infitech modpack using LogisticsPipes, as it's something LogisticsPipes is designed for. The pipes go up to Mk5 I think, and there is a special insertion pipe designed to store extra items being inserted into a machine or buffer so that the LogisticsPipes network servicing your processing system isn't clogged up.

Also, if you are using Infitech, did you know that Mini Chests from Extra Utilities are available in this modpack? These only hold one item at a time and it would save you from having to fill the rest of the slots with junk that doesn't get pulled out.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Last edited:

Gambo

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the comments sprAngles and BrickVoid.

However, the one thing that I set out to avoid in this design was programming for each dust - I mean there are hundreds of them. Is there a way with logistics pipes of not having to drag each and every dust onto a module gui?

I thought of the mini-chest. It would have been nice, except that comparators apparently don't read them.

I didn't know about the chest buffer. That could really come in handy some time!

Songtsan Gambo

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

However, the one thing that I set out to avoid in this design was programming for each dust - I mean there are hundreds of them. Is there a way with logistics pipes of not having to drag each and every dust onto a module gui?

I thought of the mini-chest. It would have been nice, except that comparators apparently don't read them.

I didn't know about the chest buffer. That could really come in handy some time!

Songtsan Gambo

I'm not sure if LogisticsPipes has oredictionary functions that work on routing dusts to the degree of complexity you need it for - it has oredictionary modules but I'm not totally sure how they would work, but there could be one that tells it to ignore either NBT or metadata - there's a wiki for it and I'm pretty sure it could handle relatively simple functions like dust sorting. Or maybe I'm remembering another mod. Anyway, I mentioned LogisticsPipes because a lot of people don't seem to realize it is there, and can be used in conjunction with other systems. I'm pretty sure it has a fuzzy logistics module for handling more than the space the interface allows for to get around the problem of manually inserting them, but I'm not sure how GregTech dusts work. Direwolf20 had it doing some pretty complicated crafting setups in conjunction with other mods for certain tasks, so maybe you can integrate it into the hybrid system you're building.

A big part of properly using LogisticsPipes is getting the sorting order correct for what you're trying to process, if sorting through many types you may find one attribute easier to sort than another and should use that to your advantage. I don't know if there is a compacting drawer system in Infitech, but if there is one, you can use that to compact certain dusts automatically and just have LogisticsPipes pull from that. Also do remember that certain dusts can either only be processed in a certain type of machine, for instance some dusts require a compressor instead of a crafting table. You can work your way through the dusts being processed and see what you can advantageously pull out to simplify things.

I hope that helps, I'm not an expert on LogisticsPipes by any means, but if you know your dusts properly, you can use that to set things up in a certain order.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019

Songtsan Gambo
If what I think you're saying is correct, then you don't need to program each dust with the chest buffer. If stacksize is set to 9 then any type of tiny dust will immediately be outputted once it reaches 9. Any reserve dusts (less than 9) will be kept in there until more come in.

W

wishper

to Xavion and Sven "flame", thank you VERY MUCH for the very detailed reply! I've been offline up to now, sorry for the late reply, I'm going to apply your suggestions immediatly