[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Is the gregtech Large Heat Exchanger like a large combined version of the IC2 Liquid Heat Exchanger AND the IC2 Steam Generator?
Can that thing also make Superheated Steam?
With how much HU/t can it work?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Is the gregtech Large Heat Exchanger like a large combined version of the IC2 Liquid Heat Exchanger AND the IC2 Steam Generator?
Can that thing also make Superheated Steam?
With how much HU/t can it work?
It can handle all amounts of heat, but to produce superheated steam, it needs at last hot coolant or lava worth 4000hU/t.

Reactions: DarknessShadow

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with my MV machines exploding. I know this is probably a standard Gregtech issue, but any help would be great.

I'm attempting to have a fluid extractor eject fluid upwards into an advanced assembler so that I can make the duct tape to fix the EBF. I don't yet have any other MV machines so I need to use a transformer to power my advanced assembler from my LV power line.

My setup is a battery buffer with 9 Small lithium batteries connected to an insulated 12x tin cable. The cable runs straight and along the ground. and I have LV machines sitting both on top of, and in front of, the cable.

Looking along the length line of the cable:

L
^
C > L

C = Cable
L = LV Machine
M = MV Machine
T = Transformer
>, ^, <, v = directed energy flow (no extra cable, just indicating where I think machine connections exist, and EU is actually flowing)

I wanted to do a setup where the transformer is on top of the cable, and then the MV assembler sits on top of the LV fluid extractor:

T > M
^
C > L

However despite the fact that the transformer is not touching any machines other than the MV assembler I get a massive explosion the moment I place the MV assembler down. I inverted the transformer before placing the MV assembler on it, which as I understand it should make it take 4A LV and output 1A MV.

Neither the Transformer or the MV assembler have been user or powered before being placed, so I don't know how even if I did have the transformer the wrong way round MV current could flow and get anywhere other than the MV assembler. The transformer has the big fat blob facing the MV assembler.

The worst part is, in my previous playthrough, I'm sure I did this and it worked. Unfortunately that was 9 months ago and I don't remember what I did.

Any insights, advice or diagram critiques?

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
Best guess: MV Transformer? That would output HV.

Unfortunately, no. Sorry for any ambiguity, but I am using the LV -> MV transformer. It takes an LV machine block, 4 tin wires and 1 copper wire. I can't build the MV -> HV transformer, and even if I could, wouldn't it just do nothing at all if connected to an LV wire?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
You can allways supply lower voltage. For example your MV assembler could be supplied with LV at 2amp, so 64EU/t minus loss.

That combined with a MV battery inside the machine is enough for a few crafting cycles.

But in the end you still want to update your powernet sooner or later.

Also, if you can build a mv assembler, you can also build a mv transformer...

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
You can always supply lower voltage. For example your MV assembler could be supplied with LV at 2amp, so 64EU/t minus loss.

That combined with a MV battery inside the machine is enough for a few crafting cycles.

But in the end you still want to update your powernet sooner or later.

... You can do that? Well now I feel stupid.

Also thanks for the tip about a battery inside the machine. I had thought to use them for having the machine operate independently away from the grid, but not for having them as a buffer for more costly crafting operations.

EDIT: Although for future purposes I would like to know what was causing the setup I tried here to explode so badly, as I don't want to have to tiptoe around and still accidentally blow things up due to not understanding the mechanics properly.

Last edited:

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019
So, I got the shaders mod and SEUS working with this pack but I had to downgrade forge... Is there a specific reason why 1490 is being used? I downgraded this pack to 1448 and everything appears fine. 1448 is required by the shaders mod and it also appears to be the highest recommended too.

I followed this to downgrade:
https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2prrrj/how_do_you_updat_forge_in_an_ftb_pack/

Shaders + SEUS + optifine + invictus = AWESOME! (if you have a machine that can do it). My rig pulls in 75+ fps with shaders enabled so I am a happy camper

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019
Forge 1448 breaks multiplayer with GT installed. Client crashes on connect with server.

Oh does it now, OK then.

I found your thread over on the IC2 forum about this (versions 1445-1481 affected):
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=11488

From my readings on the shaders mod forum, up to forge version 1469 can be used without problem. It is claimed that forge version 1469 changed texture loading breaking the shaders mod. I guess this means that I need to use... 1428?

Jees, kinda sucky. I am not using a server so maybe I can continue to run 1448. Hopefully the shaders mod updates soon...

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Good think i checked that in creative before i build it on the server:
When the striling generators cant output their energy they wont take more heat, which will lead to reactor explosions if you cant use all the energy. Now i have to think of a way to controll this, maybe with buffer tanks that shut down the reactor once hot coolant gets full. But this would lead to switching it on/off every second since there is allways a little energy use. What do you suggest to regulate the power?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
At first glance, I'm not seeing anything wrong - unless I made a mistake, but @Blood Asp has confirmed things so that would be weird. Where exactly do you think it's messed up?
Maybe its fine in wording then. I spent several hours testing it, and I'm getting different outputs than expected, but now I'm leaning towards it being buggy.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Good think i checked that in creative before i build it on the server:
When the striling generators cant output their energy they wont take more heat, which will lead to reactor explosions if you cant use all the energy. Now i have to think of a way to controll this, maybe with buffer tanks that shut down the reactor once hot coolant gets full. But this would lead to switching it on/off every second since there is allways a little energy use. What do you suggest to regulate the power?
Yep, this is definitely something to be concerned about.

Look into blue power circuitry. Specifically you want to learn about the RS Latch, and instead of telling your reactor to "turn on when we're low on power", you want it to "flip on at 10% power, and flip off at 90% power." The RS latch lets you maintain that state.

This way your reactor isn't bouncing on and off at a threshold.

Another possibility that I haven't tested yet is trying to detect the amount of fluid in the reactor. What's really happening to you right now is the reactor is clogging up with hot coolant, since it has nowhere to go (the LHEs aren't consuming it anymore). If you can manage to monitor that amount of fluid somehow, you can have an emergency-shutdown. Your reactor should never have a lot of hot coolant in it.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Im thinking of something else, a power drain where surplus power gets consumed. Im distributing my power with IC2, mostly lapotron crystals via EnderIO conduits. I would hook up UUM fabricators with lower priority, so they would get any surplus power and shut down when its needed elsewhere...

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019
Another possibility that I haven't tested yet is trying to detect the amount of fluid in the reactor. What's really happening to you right now is the reactor is clogging up with hot coolant, since it has nowhere to go (the LHEs aren't consuming it anymore). If you can manage to monitor that amount of fluid somehow, you can have an emergency-shutdown. Your reactor should never have a lot of hot coolant in it.

Buffer tanks are wonderful for this...

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
How much energy do Amplifabricators/Recyclers use and how fast are they? No information in the wiki and NEI isnt showing any recepies related to UUM...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
How much energy do Amplifabricators/Recyclers use and how fast are they? No information in the wiki and NEI isnt showing any recepies related to UUM...
I tested both of these last night. They don't show UUM recipes because neither of them interact with uum.

The Amplifabricator requires 32 eu/t for 9 seconds (5760 eu) to create 1 amplifier.
The Recycler I had to test with batteries to find consumption rate. It costs 33eu in the LV recycler to process an item.

I also found that chiseled cobblestone isn't blacklisted in the recycler surprisingly.