[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
My favourite is the Bone Bow form thaumcraft, enchanted with punch, fire, infinity. As for melee, i am using The Ender (from enderIO) also fully enchanted and added eIO bonuses. It is great sword even for travelling/blink.

Hi Jason,
could you please take a look at the recipe issue. thx, again..

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Jason,
could you please take a look at the recipe issue. thx, again..
It has been mentioned numerous times already. In SP all of it works fine. On servers, its not getting synced, and will not get synced until MT is fixed. If you want you can grab the old Minetweaker, ModTweaker and GTTweaker from previous version with scripts and replace them. I am not doing any hotfix update until weekend.

edit: and by hotfix i mean doing exactly what I said above. Will revert it all back.

Last edited:

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
We add DifficultLife mod, so mobs with 100-200 hp is normal. And I thought that there is a weapon with more than 20 damage on it.
but i found that Thaum bow is best range weapon, and ender io sword as melee weapon. Even thaum wands with shock/fire/cold gives only 10-15 damage.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
How do i craft steve's workshop production table? Do i need an assembler or something similar cause i'm unable to do it with a vanilla crafting table

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
Would switching out ExtraBiomesXL for Highlands break the pack?

I really, really, really don't like ExtraBiomesXL.

I'd greatly prefer Highlands but don't want to break the ore gen or progression.

Someone please answer and you can haz a virtual cookie :).

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Would switching out ExtraBiomesXL for Biomes O Plenty, Highlands or the Alternate Terrain Generator break the pack?

I'd prefer Highlands.
I think all should be fine. We skipped BoP because its in every pack ever and some other terrain gens deserve attention. The ones you mentioned are good too.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Basicly IT2 has more recipe changes integrating mods into GT progression. More stuff that would allow you to skip certain parts of GT is blocked.
Also the settings are overall harder.

@TheRonin

Yes, this pack is balanced almost completely around GT, and @Blood Asp 's GT Unofficial at that. It wasn't like that in IT1 or the earlier IT2, but by this point, nearly every recipe and mod mechanic has been thoroughly vetted and balanced against core GT.

There are plenty of ways to accomplish things and tons of content outside of core GT. You'd have to play this pack for a very long time to explore all the content and by the time you did, @Jason McRay and team will likely have done so many updates, that there would be new content. :)

Reactions: Jason McRay

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Would switching out ExtraBiomesXL for Highlands break the pack?

I'd greatly prefer Highlands but don't want to break the ore gen or progression.

Someone please answer and you can haz a virtual cookie :).
I had a bug report a while back that with highlands vanilla ores get generated. Make sue this does not happen in your case or if you an disable it.

Reactions: Pyure

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Why is the water mechanics messed up? Done on purpose, I assume? It appears we do not have "infinite" water available to us in this modpack? What's the reasoning for that annoyance?

Like a lot of us I suppose, I get OCD when I play this game... and seeing the flowing water blocks where smooth, still water should be is really annoying. I messed up my water and now I can't figure out how to fix it. Pouring water into a flowing water block does not turn it back into still water.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Why is the water mechanics messed up? Done on purpose, I assume? It appears we do not have "infinite" water available to us in this modpack? What's the reasoning for that annoyance?

Like a lot of us I suppose, I get OCD when I play this game... and seeing the flowing water blocks where smooth, still water should be is really annoying. I messed up my water and now I can't figure out how to fix it. Pouring water into a flowing water block does not turn it back into still water.

Hi asb3pe, yeah infinite water's off intentionally. Not 100% sure why, but it does make things a little harder.

EDIT: To be sure, you are going to find that a lot of mods/recipes that you already know have been tweaked to be harder than usual (Greg-ified, that is). Be sure to map out crafting recipes before you start - I've been caught so many times having got what I thought was the correct bits and pieces for a particular recipe - only to find I was missing some incredibly hard to find resource.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

1) Infinite water definitely turned off. For balance reasons: otherwise you can (duh) create magical water simply by placing two blocks of water down. Forever. And feed an entire steam system with that.

2) Yes, you're right, its freaking annoying having messed up water. I hate it, but its still way preferable to easy-mode infinite water. If you can manage to place your water in just the right spot, it will fix itself.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Hi asb3pe, yeah infinite water's off intentionally. Not 100% sure why, but it does make things a little harder.

Lagtastic! Thanks for the reply. I wonder how this is gonna affect things as I proceed... so we go from infinite water supply to a water supply that will run out almost instantly?

Is there a way to make water via crafting or something? I'm thinking this is almost a game-breaking change to the vanilla mechanics, but obviously everybody is still playing so I guess there are ways around it that I'll have to figure out. Are we really supposed to turn our oceans into a bazillion flowing blocks in order to get water in mass quantity?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Lagtastic! Thanks for the reply. I wonder how this is gonna affect things as I proceed...
Its going to be a considerable pain in the ass if you're trying it for the first time. Fortunately there are several water-generating mechanisms in the pack that will help you.

In the early game, you can make the railcraft water tank, which will accommodate just about all your water needs at that point unless you put it in a silly biome such as a desert.

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
Lagtastic! Thanks for the reply. I wonder how this is gonna affect things as I proceed... so we go from infinite water supply to a water supply that will run out almost instantly?

Is there a way to make water via crafting or something? I'm thinking this is almost a game-breaking change to the vanilla mechanics, but obviously everybody is still playing so I guess there are ways around it that I'll have to figure out.
btw a tipp: Reservoir from EnderIO ;-)