[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Bear in mind that the chemical reaction to get sulfuric acid actually requires something like 90% of the power you get out of it. If you do it on a large scale, its cool, but otherwise not much point.

Spending xp for this purpose is dumb dude :p
Isn't it like 105% effecient? (5% is gained when doing the conversion by using chemical bath 11500 eu to generate 12000 eu)
I guess you mean totally, from the start, yeah i guess so but i already macerate netherrack which gives me redstone so sulfur is free to me.

If i count in netherrack maceration cost it is 12800 extra eu cost so: 24300 eu totally to generate 12000 eu so i guess it is only 49% efficient then, but with redstone as a by-product also lots of coal and some gold, that coal could be used to increase the efficiency i guess, so it should be pretty efficient by getting coal and sulfur from netherrack.

I hope that aquiring the netherrack doesn't cost anything if i want to do it automaticly, but that might reduce the inefficiency even lower i guess.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway:
Modpack update v3.1.2
Mod Updates:
- Chisel 2 -> 2.3.10.38
- Computronics -> 1.5.5
- FastLeafDecay -> 1.1
- GTTweaker -> 0.7.2
- Galacticraft -> 3.0.12.345
- Hardcore Ender Expansion -> 1.8.2
- NEI Integration -> 1.0.11
- Open Computers -> 1.5.13.28
- PneumaticCraft -> 1.9.1-86
- Thaumic Tinkerer -> 2.5-507
- BDLib -> 1.9.0.94
- Forestry -> 3.6.2.19
- Gendustry -> 1.5.1.106
- GregTech -> 5.08.23
- IndustrialCraft 2 -> 2.2.742
- Malisis Core -> 0.12.4
- Malsis Doors -> 1.9.1
- ttCore -> 0.1.1-78
- BuildCraft -> 7.0.13

Changes:
- Fixed TPS issues caused by FLD + Thaumcraft compatibility
- Fixed double unification problem with some items (most notably nuggets)
- Fixed Solar Boilers heating during night
- Changed recipe for Medium Oxygen Tank to require Compressed Meteoric Iron
- Changed recipe for Heavy Oxygen Tank to require Compressed Desh
- Recipes requiring Galacticraft fuel cannister should no longer return the canister back
- Re-enabled Gas Liquefer to enable conversion from GT Oxygen into Galacticraft oxygen
- OV Scanned is craftable again
- Etching acid no longer can be obtained with Fresh Water. Now it accepts only Bucket of Water
- Re-Enabled Fresh Water crafting
- Fixed crash when looking up recipes in NEI for bees
- Added all Chisel Panes as oxygen sealeable blocks
- Made Naq slightly more rare
- Changed Graphite processing
- Removed AE2 inscriber recipes from showing in NEI
- Fixed Stardust Ore block crashing the game (affected worlds should load fine)
- Fixed IC2 Transformer outputting wrong voltage

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
6-Chamber Reactors
  • EU/tick: 1000
  • Efficiency: 20
  • Building cost: 396 copper, 153 tin, 657 iron, 36 lead, 48 gold, 22 diamond, 32 redstone, 2 glowstone, 2 lapis, 79 rubber
  • Running cost: 60 U-238 per cycle
  • Designed by: Blackpalt

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...hbu0hb6kptt6l2weg6xyzkp9ynvk4yranpdd9x31o2t4w
When I use this link in the offline simulators (using MOX cells) - directly in the old one or by manually inputting the design into the new one - I get an output of 200-250 EU/t, an efficiency of 4-5 and the materials are very different from what you've posted. Could you post a screenshot of your simulator window?

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ignore the eu/t. That doesn't reflect the fact that this reactor's output is affected by temperature.

upload_2015-6-30_17-41-9.png

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
It has been brought to my attention one severe bug, but it will will not cause any permanent issues. DO NOT CHECK RECIPE USES (by pressing "U") ON WOODEN PLANKS (ANY). If you will, for some reason the vanilla uses for other planks will dissapear. After client restart they are back. It affects only clients. If the recipe will dissapear for you on server it is still craftable, just click on the spot where you should get an output.

it is sort of NEI vs. IC2 issue that has been there for at least a year (interesting that noone ever really mentioned it in InfiTech). My friend who just wanted to try InfiTech modpack said to me, that plank recipes are acting wierd.

Currently there is no workaround (well there would be a workaround with hardcoding recipes via MT, but to be honest I am not going to do that. if it were just 2 or 3 recipes, sure why not. But it affects around 50 pages of recipes = 100 recipes totall)

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I finally got around to automate cotton production for making bronze that i'll probably macerate a lot of to get tin without using sand or glass, i'll also get the copper this way which is nice.
BUT for some reason the thaumium golem under the left golem's workbench isn't any faster than the one to the right, even though i upgraded the table to accept strength as a speed boost, is it as i suspected and it only speed boosts when the golem's aren't lethargic or something? (slowed down) or can it be that the golem's workbench earth upgrade doesn't work in version 0.23? i guess i can test the aer upgrade too just for more testing. I wanted the earth upgrade because it was supposed to make the golem have more endurance and faster without consuming more fabrico, but he gets lethargic after 1 second for some reason, really strange imo.

I'll also have to test with a jar with fabrico nearby which is supposed to reduce lethargicness.

Attachments

• 2015-07-01_13.53.32.png
    2015-07-01_13.53.32.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
Reactions: Pyure

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
@Tsuko:
:confused: You make.....bronze from cotton? Did I read that correctly? How does that work?

As for your golems: do you have the standard Thaumcraft upgrades? I found they're usually effective. I've been using Advanced Golems in the past to good effect.

Reactions: Tsuko

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
@Tsuko:
:confused: You make.....bronze from cotton? Did I read that correctly? How does that work?
The same way you get steel from candleberries, cotton acts as a source of instrumentum so you can pull iron -> bronze transmutation. Iron is easy to get too, just set up an iron golem farm, vanilla or TT will both work fine, pretty sure ender io is disabled though. For the cotton your best path is to craft it to string then the string to woven cotton, that will earn you 0.5 instrumentum per PHC cotton or one ingot of iron transmuted across. You'll build up a supply of bestia and humanus though as it produces those in waste at a 3:2:1 ratio of instrumentum:bestia:humanus.

At least that's what I assume they're doing, although if I am right then a tip for everyone thinking of the same thing. Crafting tables have 4 fabrico, so 2 instrumentum, 2 humanus after centrifuging. That gives you a ratio of 1 log to 1 instrumentum and with how easy and useful logs are you can even merge it with a charcoal/alumentum setup that purely takes in wood to output alumentum and instrumentum. No idea what you'd do with all the humanus though. Sadly no GT tool support in most crafting system so you're limited a bit more in efficiency but you can still get pretty good rates with a pure wood system.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I think I have found my power strategy for the foreseeable future:

rtg_cluster.jpg

This RTG cluster generates 512 EU/t. If you count ingot for ingot, enough materials go into it to make a Big Reactor complex that generates ten times as much, but it's completely passive, it doesn't require any supporting infrastructure whatsoever, it's small, and it lasts forever. Also, 90% of the material is iron. It consists of one MFSU, five CESUs, 16 radioisotope thermoelectric generators each filled with 6 units of RTG fuel pellets.

It also requires a considerable amount of plutonium to make. Plutonium isn't exactly super-rare, but it's also not common, and one vein does not provide enough Pu 244 for more than one of these with some leftover, so I'm going to make that reactor posted by @Pyure in order to breed more, so that I can - bit by bit - make more of these clusters.

The Big Reactor is still in the plans, but I'll mostly use it to power RF machines for now.

Reactions: Pyure

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
which mod changes the animal spawn rate on the modpack? it seems that my pc cant hold too much loaded animals

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
The same way you get steel from candleberries, cotton acts as a source of instrumentum so you can pull iron -> bronze transmutation. Iron is easy to get too, just set up an iron golem farm, vanilla or TT will both work fine, pretty sure ender io is disabled though. For the cotton your best path is to craft it to string then the string to woven cotton, that will earn you 0.5 instrumentum per PHC cotton or one ingot of iron transmuted across. You'll build up a supply of bestia and humanus though as it produces those in waste at a 3:2:1 ratio of instrumentum:bestia:humanus.

At least that's what I assume they're doing, although if I am right then a tip for everyone thinking of the same thing. Crafting tables have 4 fabrico, so 2 instrumentum, 2 humanus after centrifuging. That gives you a ratio of 1 log to 1 instrumentum and with how easy and useful logs are you can even merge it with a charcoal/alumentum setup that purely takes in wood to output alumentum and instrumentum. No idea what you'd do with all the humanus though. Sadly no GT tool support in most crafting system so you're limited a bit more in efficiency but you can still get pretty good rates with a pure wood system.
Yeah, i was having an internal struggle: should i go the wood route with wooden shovels? or go cotton route ?
I didn't think about the crafting table, anyways it was a learning experience and now i know how to automate crop farming, even pam's harvestcraft crops works :) It opens up a lot of paths.

Vitreus (crystal) is one of my hardest "commonly used" aspects to gather, but i see now that there is even a third option for it: centrifuging metallum, and it is a viable option now that i have a treefarm that can produce metallum, but i didn't want to bog down my iron production anymore so i went cotton route, mostly because i always wondered if i could automate pam's harvestcraft corps. Even the lamp of growth works with those modded crops, so it is almost fully supported. But at the same time: i don't want to depend on random mods to get by, it feels "exploitish" or "cheatish" in a way, i am supposed to be fine with just thaumcraft and vanilla minecraft to get all my vanilla TC aspects so i don't like using cotton for this because: in a way, it is cheating :p I feel a bit bad about scanning non vanilla or TC / TC addon items, it "artificially inflates" my research points, i'm not supposed to have so much that i do and it lessens the TC experience.

But my counterargument is i don't want to be cruel to all the sheep out there as i try to avoid hurting animals and i was already doing a treefarm so it was the best option except for metallum centrifuging i guess.

What didn't work was using a golem with "use" core, it will get stuck on the first crop that you link it too, it will harvest that crop fine without needing to replant seeds, but ignores all the rest. That is what i tried first, the "use" golem method, now i know it isn't viable without bonemeal. Though as of writing, i'm using two harvest golems to cut down all the fully grown crops, two gather golems to collect:

1) Seeds for replanting and turning some into herba essentia which runs the lamp of growth
2) Cotton to craft it into strings then woven cotton which turns into 2 pannus and 1 fabrico

That fabrico is used to keep golems awake and the pannus is centrifuged into instrumentum and bestia, bestia is simply put into a void jar but the instrumentum is tubed into a thaumatorium to be processed into bronze nuggets which turns into bronze ingots which i haven't started dealing with yet, i'll macerate some and keep some for later :)
I'll get tons of copper, tin and bronze anyways!

I've been thinking about doing a blaze farm for some reason, i already have the blaze spawner in my wand focus but have yet started construction, i'll eventually start doing some sort of mob/animal entity farm though.

Last edited:

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
@Tsuko:

As for your golems: do you have the standard Thaumcraft upgrades? I found they're usually effective. I've been using Advanced Golems in the past to good effect.
I infuse all my golems into their advance versions as of late, it isn't that hard and the process is pretty streamlined but not automated yet.
I even upgraded my crafter golem (empty core) with two earth upgrades but it still didn't help, so at the very least: If golems are lethargic, no amount of upgrades will help, so to keep them awake and happy i supply them now with fabrico and now i think the workbench upgrades might work, haven't calculated anything yet tho.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Hmm....how do I get an Europium plate? Europium is a rare earth but I can't extract any from rare earth dust, and there appears to be no way at all to get some. A real-world check would suggest it should be a byproduct of processing Barite, but no such luck, and NEI recipes refer to an ore that doesn't spawn.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm....how do I get an Europium plate? Europium is a rare earth but I can't extract any from rare earth dust, and there appears to be no way at all to get some. A real-world check would suggest it should be a byproduct of processing Barite, but no such luck, and NEI recipes refer to an ore that doesn't spawn.
Seems you can use the fusion reactor to turn hydrogen gas + molten neodymium into molten europium, you can then use a fluid solifier to turn that into a plate or ingot etc. 24576 eu/t for the fusion reactor though. There is europium ore but i'm not sure if it spawns or not, if it spawns it doesn't show in by-product because it IS the product :p

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
A more efficient desing. Should produce about 1100EU/t instead of 800EU/t your design does. Also 4.33Efficiency instead of 4.00.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
A more efficient desing. Should produce about 1100EU/t instead of 800EU/t your design does. Also 4.33Efficiency instead of 4.00.
Oh very nice.

fwiw I wonder if you're comparing apples to apples. My design theoretically output 1000. Is your 1100 version also capable of more power with more heat?