[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4.0.5b Research Cheat Sheet - 1Mil Views!! - Topic above me is a doodoo head. HA!

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
CraftHeraldry also uses this website for all the symbols you can use on the flags presented in that Mod

Last edited:

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
Does taint spread have to be on in order to see tainted mobs? I don't think I've ever seen one, and I watched some sheep play around waist deep in the stuff for quite a while..

As Succubism said, they need to die from taint damage, and/or die on tainted land (It's a worthwhile question which, my guess is taint damage, but there's not many other sources of that). Only some mobs have tainted forms: creepers, sheep, pigs, cows, chickens, villagers. Others turn into thaumic slimes. (Horses turn into big slimes!)

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
As Succubism said, they need to die from taint damage, and/or die on tainted land (It's a worthwhile question which, my guess is taint damage, but there's not many other sources of that). Only some mobs have tainted forms: creepers, sheep, pigs, cows, chickens, villagers. Others turn into thaumic slimes. (Horses turn into big slimes!)

I seem to recall that getting struck by the lightning from the infusion crafting process counts as flux taint damage; if anyone wanted to try and see whether it's death from flux taint damage or simply death on tainted land that counts, they could potentially stick some mobs in an enclosed infusion crafting setup and run some dangerous-level infusions, and see if any of the lightning strikes produce the desired results.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to recall that getting struck by the lightning from the infusion crafting process counts as flux taint damage; if anyone wanted to try and see whether it's death from flux taint damage or simply death on tainted land that counts, they could potentially stick some mobs in an enclosed infusion crafting setup and run some dangerous-level infusions, and see if any of the lightning strikes produce the desired results.
Players that have been damaged at some point by taint (at least tainted mobs, does not have to be killing blow) will beturned into thaumic slimes on death in my experience

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Players that have been damaged at some point by taint (at least tainted mobs, does not have to be killing blow) will beturned into thaumic slimes on death in my experience
Not sure if this is true as I have seen those slimes spawn on my death in worlds where I have yet to find taint and in my AgSky world when I accidentally fell from my mob platform, where obviously I couldn't have encountered taint.

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is true as I have seen those slimes spawn on my death in worlds where I have yet to find taint and in my AgSky world when I accidentally fell from my mob platform, where obviously I couldn't have encountered taint.
Well, that's interesting! I haven't actually died in my current world (I just got to sink my first 40+ levels into low-level enchants, booya), but it's alarming to think that when I do, I might find my stuff guarded by a thaumic slime.

BTW: I'm playing in a village -- I got seriously sidetracked protecting the villagers, and finally had to go all Hotel California on them. But it's got an Thaumaturge's Tower. I was hoping there'd be nodes in that, but alas no. (On the other hand, I've seen a couple of things eaten by the nodes that spawned with them -- a desert temple and a witch's hut. Having that happen to a village would be horrific.) Unfortunately, the Thaumaturge himself seems to have been eaten by zombies -- did we ever get a fix for spawning them among villagers?

Last edited:

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, in my experience it only SOMETIMES happens. When it will you should have gotten a message at some point saying "a disentigrating taintacle has tainted you!" Or something along those lines