[1.7.10] [b0.7.0] Extra Carts

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
Extra Carts

Now being developed by @SkySom and myself. With more then one person working on it, we should be able to get more carts out into your waiting hands.

With this addition to the team, we will also be dropping future support for 1.6.4 and focus on 1.7.10. SkySom is working on a refactor of my original code, once that is complete we will get back to adding more mod support.
Why I did it.

My son asked me last week, dad why can't I put this Iron Chest in a cart. I could only tell him I don't know why, sounds like a good idea to me. So here we are one very long weekend later of learning Java.

What does it do.

What you get with this mod alone is a cart with Ender Chest. Also adds containers from other mods in carts

Mod Support
Iron Chest - all the Iron Chests in carts, also supports in place upgrades
MFR - DSU in a cart

Future plans
- Barrels in carts??
- DSU in cart?
- TE energy cells, chests, tanks??
- Ender Storage carts
- Better Storage carts

Some screen shots maybe??

W7arr3s.png

RahKLrV.png

Downloads
All released versions can be found on CurseForge.

b0.7.0
- Complete refactoring done by @SkySom
- Added support for InvTweeks

b0.6.1
- Added support for the MFR DSU cart and Configs to 1.7.10
- Fixed a NPE with the DSU cart in 1.6.4

b0.6.0 (1.6.4 only)
- Added support for MFR's DSU in a cart
- Added Configs to enable/disable support for both Iron Chest and MFR
- Some minor code optimizations

b0.5.2 (1.7.10 only)
- Fixed server crash issue from my fat fingered typos

b0.5.1
- forgot to add recipes for the Iron Chest Carts
- forgot to change version numbers and MC version
- (1.6.4 version) back ported changes from the 1.7.10 version

b0.5.0 (1.7.10 only)
- port to 1.7.10

b0.4.0
- Added support for all the upgrade items from Iron Chests

a0.3.3
- Fixed slot numbering in gui for diamond, crystal and obsidian chest carts
- Fixed ghost items dropping when breaking a cart with items in chest

a0.3.1
- Initial Release

1.6.4 Source Code
1.7.10 Source Code

Last edited:

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
maybe also create carts with the ender storage mod
Forgot to add that one to list. Was thinking of it when I added the config to disable the vanilla ender chest cart.[DOUBLEPOST=1405424240][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why has noone made this before? I love you for this.

Anyway, what about modpack permissions?
Use it all you want. There are still a few bugs, so use caution. Back up your world's and all that.

It is also open source. I will add link to the github tonight.

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
Love this idea; could you consider adding improved fluid storage? BC tanks only hold 8 buckets, now we have TE tanks, drums, etc. Would be nice to have tanker carts with higher capacity, too. :)

Thanks for the reminder on drums,.forgot about those. TE tanks are already in the future plans.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
New version out to fix a couple bugs. OP updated with new links and change logs.

Now to work out the upgrades from Iron Chests

budge

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance it could include chests from ChickenBones's ender storage mod? Then we could automate the Railcraft tunnel bore completely.

Edit: Nevermind. Read your post more carefully. Count me in whenever you get around to them. :)

Last edited:

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
Got Iron to Gold upgrade to work. The others except the wood to Iron/Copper shouldn't take to long. Not sure how I am going to handle those 2 yet. Will figure it out.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
They connect properly to other carts using the railcraft crowbar. And as far as the upgrades, I used minetweaker to add them in.

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
They connect properly to other carts using the railcraft crowbar. And as far as the upgrades, I used minetweaker to add them in.
Thanks for testing that. Was hoping I wouldn't have to add anything special to make the crowbar work.

Didn't know mine tweaker could change right click behavior on entities.

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
New version out. All the upgrades from Iron Chests are now working, including the ones to upgrade from the vanilla wooden chest cart.

With this version I am moving the Mod to a beta stage. As long as I don't find any issues, or any are reported, I'll move it to a release state. In the mean time I am going to start working on porting what I have so far to 1.7.10

Last edited: