How do I remove the Horizon's wind sound?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Randomdude818

Jul 29, 2019
Please, there's got to be someway to disable this goddamn sound. I don't know if it's Tropicraft or Weather Mod or what it is, but seriously if sounds could kill this would be it. I'm ready to rip my own hair out. I've been playing with Minecraft muted but playing muted sucks. I hate this wind sound. Every biome plays it, and the sound muffler doesn't muffle it. If you haven't played Horizons or any modpack with the sound, then let me tell you about it. It is a shitty 5 second loop of the loudest most poorly made wind sound I have ever heard. It plays above ground, it plays underwater, it plays underground, it plays while inside your house, and I can't freaking take this damned sound anymore. It's the only thing keeping me from playing Horizons.

Someone please help, I would certainly tear through files just to get rid of this horrible audio loop.

Randomdude818

Jul 29, 2019
I think you can turn it of in the Wind.cfg config file
Beautiful, thats a start. Only problem is I don't exactly know where that is. Could you kindly guide me a bit? I've never had any reason to go into the FTB files before.