Direwolf20 1.7.10 released

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
this is to prog, java 8 has LOTS OF PROBLEMS WITH MINECRAFT 1.7. It has been acknkowledged by the community

I'm not having any problems at all with 1.8.0_11 and haven't since the 1.7 "Lite 3" pack came out... All the problems I've read about are with version 1.8.0_20 or newer.

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome! I'm looking forward to breaking ALL OF THE THINGS!

Now if only we had fibre-optic (to the node or to the premises), rather than the copper network that still is prominent across Australia. That way I could actually play on a server! :D

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
Sickles only harvest a 1x1 area
Thaumonomicon use crashes the game sometimes

@xtrasyn, please submit it as a proper bug report (link in the original post) buy first referring to the 1.7 section of the first spoiler in my signature, then post the bug report in the format below (or something similar):

Note: Do this for each of the bugs (ie you are doing the below steps for Thaumcraft, then the same steps for the mod that has the sickle).

Modpack Name & Version: Direwolf20 1.7.10 v1.0

Mods involved: Thaumcraft

Title: Thaumonomicon crashes the game sometimes

Pastebin.com link: Insert URL here

Notes: Here, write what you were doing up until the bug/crash happened (including interactions with blocks while holding the item, while item is in inventory, etc.)

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately I am having an issue reassigning my controls. It looks like one of the entries is too long and is preventing me from seeing what hotkey goes to which action. Any suggestions? (1680x1050, if it matters)

EDIT: Added a screenshot of the controls menu. (Fullscreen has the same display issue.)

Attachments

• controls.png
    controls.png
    478.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

xtrasyn

Jul 29, 2019
@xtrasyn, please submit it as a proper bug report (link in the original post) buy first referring to the 1.7 section of the first spoiler in my signature, then post the bug report in the format below (or something similar):

Note: Do this for each of the bugs (ie you are doing the below steps for Thaumcraft, then the same steps for the mod that has the sickle).

Modpack Name & Version: Direwolf20 1.7.10 v1.0

Mods involved: Thaumcraft

Title: Thaumonomicon crashes the game sometimes

Pastebin.com link: Insert URL here

Notes: Here, write what you were doing up until the bug/crash happened (including interactions with blocks while holding the item, while item is in inventory, etc.)

Thanks. Sorry for not adhering to the format.

I hope someone who does care about formats has the same problems because I'm not the type that does these things - I'm more of a 'blurt issues in a thread'-type.

This doesn't mean I reject your approach, as I can see its merit, but it really is too much ado for me. It's a flaw within my personality, I know. :)

Thanks for all the work, loving the pack. :)

andessandesson

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

I am very excited for this new pack, however I wonder if you could help me with ideas for troubleshooting. I want this as a server, but I am stuck at "Logging in..." on my client. The server seems to start fine (same server hosts my Direwolf20 1.6.4 modpack).

It is a Centos 7 server, no SELinux nor any IPTables (ACCEPT all from/to all). Java version is 1.7.0_71, x86_64. I tried to make as few modifications as possible so this is what I did:
  1. Downloaded the zip-file and unpacked it in an empty directory /home/minecraft/temp.
  2. Edited eula.txt, setting eula to true.
  3. Edited ServerStart.sh from "java" to "/usr/java/default/bin/java" in order to avoid OpenJDK (turned out to be meaningless as /bin/java is a soft link to /usr/java/default/bin/java)
  4. chmod u+x ServerStart.sh FTBInstall.sh.
  5. ./ServerStart.sh
In the server log I get lots of (every 2-3 seconds):
[09:43:01] [Netty IO #1/INFO] [FML]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive

I do see my username when connecting and aborting login. I don't see any errors in my client log file. I have tried online-mode=false.

If anyone have any idea what to try, I would be delighted if you could share it with me!

Thanks for all your hard work with the pack! I really enjoy 1.6.4, I am sure this one will be even better!

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. Sorry for not adhering to the format.

I hope someone who does care about formats has the same problems because I'm not the type that does these things - I'm more of a 'blurt issues in a thread'-type.

This doesn't mean I reject your approach, as I can see its merit, but it really is too much ado for me. It's a flaw within my personality, I know. :)

Thanks for all the work, loving the pack. :)

I'm just making sure that everyone knows the norm. It may seem like its only one blurt, and that it will only take a minuscule amount of time to understand, but there are always many many people that do it, and it all adds up. Having a universal way of doing things makes the thread look prettier too (that's just my self-diagnosed thread-OCD kicking in there :p )

Oh I am not a member of the FTB team, just an active user that sees a lot of repetitive issues come up because people do not conform to the norm or do not read through the form first to check if anyone has had the same/similar problem. I just pip in whenever I can to help the forum moderators workload a little lighter :)

Back to your issue though, you do need to provide the FTB log that I mention in my signature, because that lists where the code is breaking and causing the issue, without it, the chances of fixing the problem is similar to finding a needle in a really big haystack.

Unfortunately I am having an issue reassigning my controls. It looks like one of the entries is too long and is preventing me from seeing what hotkey goes to which action. Any suggestions? (1680x1050, if it matters)

Whilst I'm here, can you edit your post and add a screenshot of the problem using the "Upload a File" button at the bottom of the page so we can see what you see?

Cheers,
Novocastrian

freedom112

Jul 29, 2019
Hey i have a problem where I download the modpack boot it up and everything goes well. I then close it and then reopen it and everytime it is nearly done opening, it crashes straight away. Anyone know why? This is exactly what happened with modsauce. They say that it was a project red problem i do not know. anyone have any ideas ?

xtrasyn

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing it for a few hours straight, it is pretty buggy to tell you the honest truth. It crashes pretty often.

xtrasyn

Jul 29, 2019
Also I'm starting another world to check, but it seems there's only vanilla ores in the current attempt... Could be my bad but all the mods are there, so why no copper, etcetera. :)

captproton17

Jul 29, 2019
This pack does have some issue. Hopefully they be all iron out shortly. certain ore can be mined with a stone pick, but wallia says it differently. And is still laggy , even with fastcraft install. But fair pack. Much smaller in size thou. One Mod I though was to be in it, was Aroma1997s Dimensional World (Mining World Mod). I saw, the Aroma1997s core, thinking it was there,Nope. :( Hopefully it will be.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
One Mod I though was to be in it, was Aroma1997s Dimensional World (Mining World Mod). I saw, the Aroma1997s core, thinking it was there,Nope. :( Hopefully it will be.

That mod is a bit to easy, redundant with mystcraft already installed and can cause crashes that could normally be fixed become unfixable. So I don't think it'll get in.

stoneminer02

Jul 29, 2019
1. I can't go register/login at the support place, so I'll ask here:
My brother and I wanna play together but when he tries to join me, he just get "Logging in.." and it doesn't say anything in chat, and when he cancel it says that he left the game. We both have no antivirus, antivirus enabled, firewall enabled and tried everything, it just doesn't work.
2. Theres a (possible) bug that I can't register on support site. "You can't register as this account"? I try to register with username KappaMan30 and stoneminer02..

OH_Herobrine

Jul 29, 2019
If you are launching vanilla, go to Advanced Options and choose CurseCDN as the download location.
Thanks for the help - was about to post that I was encountering the same error with the vanilla :p Great Job to the FTB team and DW20 for making once again - a brilliant mod pack! :)