Interesting ae2 setups/challenges

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
Here's one that was presented to me today by another player on my server.

Challenge: How would you duplicate the effect of a cyclic assembler paired with a manager tube for auto crafting? (If unfamiliar with either, cyclic assembler is an auto-crafter, and a manager tube from the Tubes! mod will retrieve exact numbers of specific items from the reachable item network, to populate the auto-crafter with its recipe). No molecular assemblers allowed, but you can use process crafting patterns. The subsystem should not take more items from the network than it needs to complete its job. Oh, and you can't use the terminal to request the job. The system needs to request it on its own, either on a timer or when the output is empty.

An exporter on its own will simply fill up the attached inventory or drain your ME network of the specific item. I'm thinking you might be able to do something with crafting cards, but I only understand how they work in level emitters - not in interfaces or export buses.[DOUBLEPOST=1414308193][/DOUBLEPOST]And here's part of my AE2 setup -- the machine room for automating all AE2 crystal/processor production.

ZN3MF4E.png

The crystal purification design is copied from: http://imgur.com/a/NhLB9.
The processor crafting design is copied from: http://imgur.com/a/2o8PC#Phm72yx

The rest (fluix crystal formation, certus charging, crafting seeds and silicon) I just sort of pieced together. With all that out of the way, AE2 is much less tedious to play with. And it looks damn cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: ljfa

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019

Challenge: How would you duplicate the effect of a cyclic assembler paired with a manager tube for auto crafting? (If unfamiliar with either, cyclic assembler is an auto-crafter, and a manager tube from the Tubes! mod will retrieve exact numbers of specific items from the reachable item network, to populate the auto-crafter with its recipe). No molecular assemblers allowed, but you can use process crafting patterns. The subsystem should not take more items from the network than it needs to complete its job. Oh, and you can't use the terminal to request the job. The system needs to request it on its own, either on a timer or when the output is empty.

An exporter on its own will simply fill up the attached inventory or drain your ME network of the specific item. I'm thinking you might be able to do something with crafting cards, but I only understand how they work in level emitters - not in interfaces or export buses.[DOUBLEPOST=1414308193][/DOUBLEPOST]And here's part of my AE2 setup -- the machine room for automating all AE2 crystal/processor production.

ZN3MF4E.png

The rest (fluix crystal formation, certus charging, crafting seeds and silicon) I just sort of pieced together. With all that out of the way, AE2 is much less tedious to play with. And it looks damn cool.
I know it's not rube, but SFM could help a kot in your case

Also, a molecular chamber with a pattern in it, when sent those items (ex compresses cobble, when it receives 9 cobble) it will craft like a cyclic assembler. Assume upgrades, it's about the same speed but easier to scale

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's not rube, but SFM could help a kot in your case

Also, a molecular chamber with a pattern in it, when sent those items (ex compresses cobble, when it receives 9 cobble) it will craft like a cyclic assembler. Assume upgrades, it's about the same speed but easier to scale
Well it was a challenge. Sure it would be easier that way.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Well it was a challenge. Sure it would be easier that way.
but hey, complicated shizzle is more fun :p Like try to automate processors with their printed stuff with only one interface is actually quite complicated (with no SFM xd) but then, with 12 interface it's super easy!

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
It's super easy to do with one interface to make processors-although I may have cheated by feeding the interface into a chest and using conduits for all the logistics of it :p

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
It's super easy to do with one interface to make processors-although I may have cheated by feeding the interface into a chest and using conduits for all the logistics of it :p
It's just as easy with a subnetwork, especially for the last step.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
oh well, challenge for one can be easy for another!

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
i use a subnet cause still just using smart cable instead of dense just havent upgraded yet[DOUBLEPOST=1414368956][/DOUBLEPOST]

ZN3MF4E.png

I do like this setup. Basic like walking down a proccessing plant and seeing everything working seemlessly.
I am redoing my setup but I'm using multiple mods to just interact and compliment each other.

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I once challenged myself with making a factory that autocrafts all the vanilla potions on demand in AE2, and I posted about it here.

This also shows why I like to have all of my drives, P2P tunnels, buses, and such ultimately hook into the same network. Had I used a subnet to connect the P2P tunnels together, I would've needed yet another tunnel to carry a single channel to the export bus atop the leftmost brewing stand. That seems like a waste of a P2P tunnel.

lostandthedamned

Jul 29, 2019
I like to use DSU's a lot. Any item I find reaches 1k items in my system gets one, then I never have to worry about storage again.
You can infinitely stack controller-less subnets that consist of an Energy acceptor, 7 storage buses and an interface.
My current storage net has 4 sub nets, each of 7 sub nets, each of 7 DSU's. Gives me 196 DSU that I can read from one channel, with space for 147 more before adding another layer.

The only thing I would love to see in AE 2 to make this even easier would be the Energy Acceptor block having the option if being converted to a multipart like the Interface. At the moment you can't color them or have them side by side without them connecting as one network. At the moment I have to arrange them in a sawtooth pattern. As a multiparty I could separate them with cable anchors for a perfectly square layout.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I like to use DSU's a lot. Any item I find reaches 1k items in my system gets one, then I never have to worry about storage again.
You can infinitely stack controller-less subnets that consist of an Energy acceptor, 7 storage buses and an interface.
My current storage net has 4 sub nets, each of 7 sub nets, each of 7 DSU's. Gives me 196 DSU that I can read from one channel, with space for 147 more before adding another layer.

The only thing I would love to see in AE 2 to make this even easier would be the Energy Acceptor block having the option if being converted to a multipart like the Interface. At the moment you can't color them or have them side by side without them connecting as one network. At the moment I have to arrange them in a sawtooth pattern. As a multiparty I could separate them with cable anchors for a perfectly square layout.
You don't need one energy acceptor for each subnetwork, you can use quartz fibers instead which transport power, but not data. This way, the main network can give power to subnetworks.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Igr8shg

Jul 29, 2019
Could you show a design with this? I am highly interested in DSU unit that don't take up valuable channels.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always

This is easy. Set up an ME Interface with a Crafting Card. Tell it to keep x of item y available. You can keep nine such items in inventory. Face it to a Storage Bus so you still have access to the items in the ME Interface. You now have, for the cost of two channels, a specified amount (up to one stack) of up to nine items always available. When you get below your pre-defined amount, it will automatically craft more.

You can set up all of your crystal purification and circuit production on a single channel. Here's how!

Step 1, you have aforementioned 'keep x always on hand' setup for your pure crystals and your chipsets.

Step 2, set up an interface with a crafting recipe, something like 'gold + silicon + redstone = printed chipset' and hook it up to a chest.

Step 3: use EnderIO to filter the items to the appropriate press. Each chipset with its own press, using one for the finalized step for all of them.

Step 4: Set up World Interaction upgrade onto a Transfer Node with a filter set to only pull out Fluix/Pure crystals, where you have your seeds dropping into water and the growth accelerators. It feeds back into the interface to put the finished product back into your ME Network.

No SFM or CC required!

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
Step 3: use EnderIO to filter the items to the appropriate press. Each chipset with its own press, using one for the finalized step for all of them.

Step 4: Set up World Interaction upgrade onto a Transfer Node with a filter set to only pull out Fluix/Pure crystals, where you have your seeds dropping into water and the growth accelerators. It feeds back into the interface to put the finished product back into your ME Network.

No SFM or CC required!
I don't use EnderIO or ExUtils on any of my packs :) The quartz and processor production was a solved problem though. Two separate posts got mashed together.

Michael280

Jul 29, 2019
I like using a USSD style setup. I quarried under a mountain to start my base, so I have the drives stacked vertically into the depths of my base. The lower levels are my DSU stacks.

Reactions: rdemay91

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Me too occasionally barrels and DSUs

There's just something about a chest room that feels right...

Back on topic, if you check the last update in my 1.7.10 world I think my AE system is coming along rather nicely:

SSD but using chests and barrels
Autocrafting using 4 interfaces on 1 assembler, using all 32 channels of 1 dense cable
Autocrafting using 1 Interface and 4 assemblers(for fast crafting), using all 32 channels of 1 dense cable
Stock supply using 16 interfaces with crafting cards and storage buses to keep certain things supplied, using all 32 channels of 1 dense cable.
Automated crystals(charged as well)
Automated processor production
Automated machines