MCMMO like mod

Disconsented

Jul 29, 2019
A Not So Simple RPG
ANSSRPG

ANSSRPG is a (eventually) open source mod which plans to add a feature set that is similar to mcMMO whilst providing integration with and taking advantage of the power of forge. Player skills are customisable and are able to be created as needed. Benefits and progression are handled via a perks system with the opportunity to diversify into professions.

Current default skills include:

Mining
Wood Cutting
Digging
Smithing
Farming
Cooking
Defence
Melee weapons
Archery

If you want to help the project along just discuss it here and/or spread the word :)

Last edited:

Disconsented

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so after doing some experimentation it looks I will be able to have all skills definable by the end user :)

However setting up the config file kinda sucks, not much I can do there sorry(requires a few restarts to work correctly).

As of right now I need help with figuring out a better name than "Stuff n Things"

Perk system:

This is how I will handle the bracketing/restrictions for things like what can be mined, what tools can be used etc as well as any sort of special ability's (maybe somthing like a redstone emp?)

To obtain a perk you must meet the requirements, select the perk(probably a command) and then sacrifice experience for it

What sort of skills would people like to see beyond just breaking blocks? (ala Mining, Digging and Woodcutting)

What are peoples opinions on bracketing things like tools and Armour? (You must have x perk to be able to use y)

What is your opinion on bracketing in general?

What are your thoughts on the perk's system?

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Aw, server side only? How difficult would it be to have a version for SSP for those of us who do not like playing on a server?

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
How will this deal with ores added by other mods? copper? tin? lead? silver? dark iron? aluminum? starillite? and so on ...
Same question for other types of stone? marble, basalt, quarried stone?

Having things 'gated' by skill or perk is a good way to encourage progression, but you have to be careful it doesnt totally block somebody's progression.
ex: - your list shows coal needs lvl 5 to mine. Assuming you start at lvl 0, how to get to lvl5?

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Not that I want to hate... but mcmmo was a horribly designed mod. All it is is a duping and exploiting mod.

Disconsented

Jul 29, 2019
Not that I want to hate... but mcmmo was a horribly designed mod. All it is is a duping and exploiting mod.
Yeah mcMMO was pretty horribly designed but who knows I might be able to change that :)
How will this deal with ores added by other mods? copper? tin? lead? silver? dark iron? aluminum? starillite? and so on ...
Same question for other types of stone? marble, basalt, quarried stone?

Having things 'gated' by skill or perk is a good way to encourage progression, but you have to be careful it doesnt totally block somebody's progression.
ex: - your list shows coal needs lvl 5 to mine. Assuming you start at lvl 0, how to get to lvl5?
Mod ores and the like can easily be added in (currently the system is designed so that any block can be implemented), in the case of mining you would get to level 5 by mining stone/cobblestone
Aw, server side only? How difficult would it be to have a version for SSP for those of us who do not like playing on a server?
At the moment it works both ways but I may have to implement GUI's for the Perks, so who knows I might have to make it SSP/SMP

Also, any suggestions for a name?

Last edited:

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah mcMMO was pretty horribly designed but who knows I might be able to change that :)

Mod ores and the like can easily be added in (currently the system is designed so that any block can be implemented), in the case of mining you would get to level 5 by mining stone/cobblestone

At the moment it works both ways but I may have to implement GUI's for the Perks, so who knows I might have to make it SSP/SMP

Also, any suggestions for a name?
Hmm
ForgeRPG?

Disconsented

Jul 29, 2019
I have decided to name the project ANSSRPG (A Not So Simple RPG)
I am getting ready to release a version to effectively be a proof of concept, should I include a cfg to help with testing?

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
I have decided to name the project ANSSRPG (A Not So Simple RPG)
I am getting ready to release a version to effectively be a proof of concept, should I include a cfg to help with testing?
Yeah, that would be useful if it is not too much of a bother.

Disconsented

Jul 29, 2019

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a popup or something when you level up? Because I have been mining for a while and I have seen no difference.

Disconsented

Jul 29, 2019
Leveling up is calculate as needed, but I could probably work out a level up thing. Stuff like that is why I am going to be releasing testing candidates ^-^

Disconsented

Jul 29, 2019
On a side note, unless you use the given config file the mod won't do much. It currently doesn't have default skills built in