RotaryCraft v20+ in Horizons 2.1.1

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone tried to upgrade RotaryCraft from v19 to v20(whatever is latest) on an existing Horizons 2.1.1 world? If so, how did it go? The ECU bug with the turbine in v19 is KILLING me (almost literally, since I can't turn the damn thing off).

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
There really shouldn't be any problems upgrading judging from Reika's posts in the minecraftforums topic.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
There really shouldn't be any problems upgrading judging from Reika's posts in the minecraftforums topic.

Not true, apparently. There were some ID conflicts. Only took me 30 minutes to sort out. But now I need to figure out what the hell happened to the magnetostatics...

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
I understood after watching Reika's youtube magnetostatics are upgradable now. Originally they are 32kW and after last upgrade they can deliver 67MW.

Reactions: Wagon153

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
I put my findings here. I would have put it on the ftb wiki, but I couldn't find a good place (I didn't look too hard though.)
Tiered Magnetostatic engines
As of v20, magnetostatic engines now come in six tiers. Crafting a magnetostatic engine yields a tier 0 engine that is capable of outputing 2.048 kW with a torque of 8 Nm at 256 rad/s while consuming 1 RF/t. Upgrades maybe crafted and applied by right clikcing them on a placed engine. Each upgrade requires the previous upgrade to be applied, so you can't craft a tier 2 upgrade and apply it to a tier 0 engine. Each tier outputs a specific torque; speed is selectable by powers of two, up to a maximum value.
how do i craft upgrades?

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
how do i craft upgrades?

NEI will tell you. The tier 1 is redstone surrounded with 4 ethanol and 4 hsla. The tier 2 is a shaft core surrounded by 4 gold and 4 hsla; it needs to be run through a magnetizer to 720 microteslas. That is all I remember off the top of my head.

Unumati

Jul 29, 2019
Hey im a total noob with adding mods and so i also have some problems adding V20+ i downloaded the latest version of all mods from reikas page but minecraft crashes when i put dragon api 20e and/or rotarycraft 20e in to the modfolder.

maybe i also have these ID conflicts but how can i sort them out? i realy have no idea ^^

edit: attached a crash report

Attachments

• crash-2014-04-19_22.53.29-client.txt
    21.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

FrankieTheSnake

Jul 29, 2019
potion id is the problem, the freezing potion in rotarycraft is conflicting with the AM potion, just change the potion id to 78 or something

Unumati

Jul 29, 2019
hey thanks!

After i checked the crashreport again i saw the ID conflict. sry next time i scroll through all the text ^^

is there a way to check for IDs with an external program or must I read all the configs? (< I hope you'll understand my english :p)

thank you

edit: An hour or so after i downloaded version e, version f came out. After i fixed 2 id conflicts i still was not able to run the pack with Ars Magica2 enabled =\

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Overwriting already-registered Potion am2.buffs.ArsMagicaPotion@410c64f0 @ 36

dont know how to fix this

Last edited:

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
hey thanks!

After i checked the crashreport again i saw the ID conflict. sry next time i scroll through all the text ^^

is there a way to check for IDs with an external program or must I read all the configs? (< I hope you'll understand my english :p)

thank you

edit: An hour or so after i downloaded version e, version f came out. After i fixed 2 id conflicts i still was not able to run the pack with Ars Magica2 enabled =\

dont know how to fix this
Change the potion ID in the config you wish to change it in. I mean, really, it's just as easy as block ids or any kind of ID that you know is conflicting.

FrankieTheSnake

Jul 29, 2019
true, but i had ars magica in my pack and the potion ids went to 60-70 before there were free spots

edit : its the same problem, potion id from another potion (i dunno wich one)

Reactions: Unumati

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
true, but i had ars magica in my pack and the potion ids went to 60-70 before there were free spots

edit : its the same problem, potion id from another potion (i dunno wich one)
Hey, you know NEI has a id dump feature, right? It can help with this kinda stuff.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
Some other issues:

There are some new items, so if you are using a texture pack, watch out.
You need tungsten now for some things (like the turbines and magnetostatic upgrades). The only way to get tungsten is by using the extractor on silk-touched redstone. WTF? (Oh and it is only like a 5% chance or something). But wait, it gets better, you need some crazy temperature in the furnace via a friction heater to smelt it. Reika seems to think that he is going to ease up on some of this in v21.

(FWIW, I think the tiering of stuff, especially magnetostatics is a great idea and is really well done. The tungsten thing is a bit much right now, but Reika seems to agree, so maybe it won't be so torturous in the future.)

Unumati

Jul 29, 2019
Ha you can play at least...

My Horizonpack 2.1.1 works now with the up to date versions of Reikas mods but every reciepes ingame need Blast glass...

It seems like every empty space in reciepes are filled now with blast glass from rotary craft.

any ideas how to fix this or what causes this problem?

Attachments

• 2014-04-21_04.19.30.png
    2014-04-21_04.19.30.png
    451.6 KB · Views: 66

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Ha you can play at least...

My Horizonpack 2.1.1 works now with the up to date versions of Reikas mods but every reciepes ingame need Blast glass...

It seems like every empty space in reciepes are filled now with blast glass from rotary craft.

any ideas how to fix this or what causes this problem?

Saw a thread about this yesterday and it was determined TE3 is the cause. I have no idea how to fix it though.

Edit: Here's the fix.

Reactions: Unumati

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I put my findings here. I would have put it on the ftb wiki, but I couldn't find a good place (I didn't look too hard though.)
Awesome wiki work man, thanks. My biggest concerns about Reika's mods revolve around the utter lack of information. To his credit, he churns out code so fast that a lot of info would get outdated pretty quickly anyway...

I've been playing the v20e (I think) a lot, so I thought I'd go over some of the issues to help clarify for folks.
You need tungsten now for some things (like the turbines and magnetostatic upgrades). The only way to get tungsten is by using the extractor on silk-touched redstone. WTF?
If you're playing a RotaryCraft game, chances are strong you're already using silk-touch anyway to fully leverage the extractor. So this isn't a big deal. Silk touch is easily acquired via tinkers construct among other methods :) And redstone is so prevalent on the lower levels that I now have tons of tungsten in my early game. And extracted/cooked redstone produces....insane quantities of redstone compared to fortune.

But wait, it gets better, you need some crazy temperature in the furnace via a friction heater to smelt it. Reika seems to think that he is going to ease up on some of this in v21.
It was like 1550C, which was, you're right, totally nuts. It took like 16MW to get my friction heater that hot, which is a bit annoying pre-tungsten. Fortunately he's lowered this to a temperature which I believe can be achieved with 2MW. Latest changelog suggests he's lowered it to 1350 or some such.

(FWIW, I think the tiering of stuff, especially magnetostatics is a great idea and is really well done.
Fully concur! Took me a while to figure out how to get the tier2 to work (magnetizing the thing), but I'm now ballin' tier 4 stuff in my earlyish noob game.