Molten metal help

Aimoboy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi

My friend made a mystcraft world and found huge lakes of molten cobalt, but neither one of us knows how to make it inot ingots. I have been searching the internet for information, but can't seem to find anything on it.

If anyone know how to make the molten cobalt into ingots, if it's possible, please let me know.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
use a pump/bucket/whatever to collect the molten metal, pipe it into a smeltery, create ingots/blocks.

Reactions: null123

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Hi

My friend made a mystcraft world and found huge lakes of molten cobalt, but neither one of us knows how to make it inot ingots. I have been searching the internet for information, but can't seem to find anything on it.

If anyone know how to make the molten cobalt into ingots, if it's possible, please let me know.
Oh my.

Reactions: Tornado3019

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Hi

"oh my" again!! What was the name of the age you found? How the hell did your friend hit this jackpot? And there is a debate raging elsewhere on this same forums over scarcity/danger/abundance of nether ores... Oh! The irony!

Reactions: null123

Aimoboy

Jul 29, 2019
Im not 100% sure where on the smeltery to pump it in, is it in a seared tank or another block?

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
you need to put a smeltery drain in backwards, this will allow you to pipe it in through that.

Reactions: loboca

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
You can use buckets or a pump to fill TE3 tanks, wrench to pick up, and use fluiducts to pipe into the smeltery drain. Then put the faucet back on and drain into an ingot cast. (pretty sure the drain doesn't have to be in 'backwards' ;)

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
You can use buckets or a pump to fill TE3 tanks, wrench to pick up, and use fluiducts to pipe into the smeltery drain. Then put the faucet back on and drain into an ingot cast. (pretty sure the drain doesn't have to be in 'backwards' ;)

It used to have to be in backwards, I haven't done it in a while so it might not need to be anymore :)

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Hi

TELL US THE DETAILS OF THIS PAGE!!!

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
If you look in the Mystcraft Config file (minecraft/config/mystcraft/symbols.cfg) depending on the other mods installed, you'll have true/false parameters for what symbols are available. The one for cobalt is

B:modmat_tile.metal.molten.cobalt.enabled

Any molten metal can be used as a substitute for water, just be aware that not all liquids can be sucked up by all pumps, I created a world with molten liquid red metal (from Project Red), and I couldn't get any pump to pull it up.

I'm not sure how myscraft determines which entries should be available.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
If you look in the Mystcraft Config file (minecraft/config/mystcraft/symbols.cfg) depending on the other mods installed, you'll have true/false parameters for what symbols are available. The one for cobalt is

B:modmat_tile.metal.molten.cobalt.enabled

Any molten metal can be used as a substitute for water, just be aware that not all liquids can be sucked up by all pumps, I created a world with molten liquid red metal (from Project Red), and I couldn't get any pump to pull it up.

I'm not sure how myscraft determines which entries should be available.
Um.... Virtually free infinite oceans of metal, gems, and liquids anyone?

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Um.... Virtually free infinite oceans of metal, gems, and liquids anyone?
I constantly get mystcraft worlds with pools/oceans of liquid ender. Just wish tesseracts didn't require so many shiny ingots. Now just need pools of shiny metals.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
I constantly get mystcraft worlds with pools/oceans of liquid ender. Just wish tesseracts didn't require so many shiny ingots. Now just need pools of shiny metals.
You could just have nether ores/metallurgy 3 for plentiful platinum. Or you can use Mekanism to remake the ferrous ore and pulverise it again, although that loses some of the nickel.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Good idea, and I believe that's what I'm doing in my RR (+gt) world. But in my MagicFarm2 world now, I'm pretty sure my only source of shiny ingots is from TE Ferrous ore.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Good idea, and I believe that's what I'm doing in my RR (+gt) world. But in my MagicFarm2 world now, I'm pretty sure my only source of shiny ingots is from TE Ferrous ore.
Does magic farm have magical crops? That has a platinum plant.