Help me find what's missing from the wiki...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
The chances were added, just the final % symbol is missing at line 10+
To get the field to update, I just call the page once with the added parameter of &action=purge&forcelinkupdate in the url. Tested with the Diligent Bee, rest will be updated later today.
Diligent, Tropical and Valiant were already added by you, that explains it. The other missing ones I added now. Everything should be complete.

Thanks for your AWB scripting, that saves a bunch of time :)

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
  1. Explicit information about what levels each specific ore/crystal/etc spawns in the world for each pack. (DW20 specifically)
  2. How mods interact with each other.
    • Converting EU/MJ/Steam/Charge from one to another. Pack specific
    • Ore processing output comparision.
    • How to transfer between different transport systems. Such as Pipes to Tubes to Applied Energistics.
  3. Information on tree breeding. How to set it up, spoilers of trees, how to get pure trees vs. hybrid trees.

Just a quickie things I was looking for today... I'll start keeping a list.

:D

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Explicit information about what levels each specific ore/crystal/etc spawns in the world for each pack. (DW20 specifically)
  2. How mods interact with each other.
    • Converting EU/MJ/Steam/Charge from one to another. Pack specific
    • Ore processing output comparision.
    • How to transfer between different transport systems. Such as Pipes to Tubes to Applied Energistics.
  3. Information on tree breeding. How to set it up, spoilers of trees, how to get pure trees vs. hybrid trees.
Just a quickie things I was looking for today... I'll start keeping a list.

:D
Hmm... okay....
  1. Shouldn't be too difficult to include on mod pack pages... just note that some ores are configurable so YMMV on some SMP servers.
  2. Argh, sublist! First item shouldn't need to be pack specific, as most of the time I don't think it gets touched in the config (disclaimer: I tend to be wrong about that) but we can definately put it on the mod pack page otherwise we probably should setup an article comparing the different "power" output/conversions. Lots of fun math. Second item shouldn't need it's own page, we can probably do a comparison on each machine's page but if it gets too large it probably would get it's own article as well. Final item is information that should be included on the articles for those systems (I'll go back and take a look).
  3. That sounds like a MilConDoin and Exedra thing. I'll let them answer it ;).
EDIT - Important note, this is all my opinion although I'm going to add it to my to-do list. Those who hold more authority than I may feel free to disagree... but it still sounds good :)

Reactions: Booker The Geek

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Hmm... okay....
  1. Shouldn't be too difficult to include on mod pack pages... just note that some ores are configurable so YMMV on some SMP servers.
  2. Argh, sublist! First item shouldn't need to be pack specific, as most of the time I don't think it gets touched in the config (disclaimer: I tend to be wrong about that) but we can definately put it on the mod pack page otherwise we probably should setup an article comparing the different "power" output/conversions. Lots of fun math. Second item shouldn't need it's own page, we can probably do a comparison on each machine's page but if it gets too large it probably would get it's own article as well. Final item is information that should be included on the articles for those systems (I'll go back and take a look).
  3. That sounds like a MilConDoin and Exedra thing. I'll let them answer it ;).
EDIT - Important note, this is all my opinion although I'm going to add it to my to-do list. Those who hold more authority than I may feel free to disagree... but it still sounds good :)

1. True, But I was looking for the defaults that come with the packs when you download them. SMP should be able to ask the server owners for the information if they changed it.
  2. I love sublists.... lol...
  3. (2.1) Pack specific sections, as the ultimate pack has a direct conversion mod vs. DW20 that does not. Just something in there to tell people if a paticular way is pack (Mod) specific.
  4. (2.2) Each page i.e. the specific page per mod should have a breakdown on how it changes the output, but I was thinking of just an overview page without step by steps, just the math and path of the process. (you would not put factorization info on a thaumcraft page, right?)
  5. (2.3) I'll go double check as well.
  6. (3) Cool.

Thanks for the feedback.

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019
I always put Factorization where I can. Thaumcraft... Extra Bees... I'd put it on the main page if it didn't look so silly and Jaded wouldn't hit me so hard.

Caution: Previous statement may have been full of sarcasm. On a related note, added all that to my list. Jinbobo will probably put it on the actually work list because I'm too slow. ;)

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
I heard my name? ;)
I haven't messed around with trees en detail. All I'm currently doing is planting some trees, waiting for new species to emerge. Since I've read on multiple occasions somewhere, that the Treealyzer doesn't really show the correct internal values of the trees, I've shelved the idea of listing all the juicy info for the moment. Hopefully the new Forestry for 1.5 will have this fixed. I think some code-diver mentioned, that the lookup table for the Treealyzer isn't correctly synched with the internal definitions of the attributes, which are used by trees for their behaviour.

For 2.2: Do you mean something akin to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aooky9cgKo1AdHpwQ0lJVWJKMFd2eVI2UXB0MGw4S1E which was done by someone on the forums here a few months ago?

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
How to write a Mystcraft age without instability would be a guide that I'd love to take a look at. The getting started guide touches on it, but it doesn't mention any specifics, such as avoid Dense Ores.

A guide on how to find free item ids would be much appreciated as well.

Can't you make NEI do that?
Also the itemIDs are configurable, So they could be different on a person to person

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
The list is here for those who don't know.
Hell Yeas!!!! I'm a source? wuahahaha!!!!! (Damn, missed it by 6.... Need to come up with more ideas.... ;))

I heard my name? ;)
Snip snip snipity snip....
LINK GOES HERE
SNip
Yep, that was exactly what I am looking for... (except I don't see a couple mods, but it is a VERY GREAT start....) What would be nice is if we could link to the data tables into the wiki, that way only the source document needs to change and all the pages will auto update. :D Also would be nice if the owner of the document did not have it in the trash?

After working around in my power plant today,
  • I think a comparison of how much per tick each liquid movement mechanism is capable of would be nice.
  • A more detailed explanation of exactly what each component of redpower logic does. (For those of us who are not that smart. I just an engineer)
    • You make it, We break it. lol....... (Old unit motto, that and....)
    • The Army make things idiot proof, but the world just makes better idiots.
  • Factorization has a steam boiler? Even if they are just placeholder pages, (which there are a lot of...) can we make placeholders for ALL the parts of a mod?
    • Yes I know that the version with a steam boiler is not in the mod packs yet.... But it will be. Right?..... Right.
  • Argh, sublist!
    • (Sorry about the sub lists)
      • Well, sorta sorry.
        • Not that sorry.... :D
  • I know that the issue has been raised about letting people of the interwebs randomly edit the Wiki, and I personally agree we should NOT let anybody edit. That being said, I think we could open it up a little bit more. How about contacting all the mod authors and letting the have an account to edit the page? I think they would know the mod better then anybody. (Or they should anyways)
  • How to write a Mystcraft age without instability would be a guide that I'd love to take a look at. The getting started guide touches on it, but it doesn't mention any specifics, such as avoid Dense Ores.
    I agree with this... Not in a here are examples, but this is an explanation of how the age writing mechanics work.
  • Since I've read on multiple occasions somewhere, that the Treealyzer doesn't really show the correct internal values of the trees, I've shelved the idea of listing all the juicy info for the moment.
    Damn that sucks... THAT would be nice information to have found on the wiki.... So all the trees I've been breeding don't show the right attributes in the treealizer? :(
Thats all for today.

(I'll post a pic latter today for my power room... It is interesting)

{edit} Fixed spelling errors.

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not even quoting all that ;)

Liquid Volume per Tick - Definitely a great idea. We really should be making a list of "common" things that each mod does and a comparison between them. Off the bat I got...
  • Liquid Volume per Tick (I'm sure there's a better technical term)
  • Item Stacks per Tick (for removing items from inventories)
  • Ore Processing (ore to dust to ingots, etc)
  • Energy Output/Type (I know Jaded wanted a page for engines and such, this may fall under that)
Data Import from Spreadsheet - I have a feeling Jinbobo may have a script for this ;).
Placeholders - We use them with the intent of filling in information later... usually ;). I think we're supposed to actually avoid using them so as to avoid cluttering the wiki with unused stubs/blank pages.
Community Editing - Jinbobo, Captanna, and Jadedcat are working on setting up the wiki for this; not my place to put more until it's Ready. I believe some mod authors have accounts on the wiki already.
I also really like the idea of a community showcase site... someplace people can post their various setups and organize it by use as well as tag is with the mods used. I know there's threads dedicated to this, but a searchable site of some sort would be cooler. Of course, I could be ignorant as to previous remarks about it.
Also, as always, the previous is my understanding/opinion. I'm allowed to be wrong ;).

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
We need more data on gregtech, It makes me annoyed when i cant find information,
Such as when i looked for information on weather or not i could re-cool helium cells,
, Or what the best kind of cooling cell is, (KaK or Helium)

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
We need more data on gregtech, It makes me annoyed when i cant find information,
Such as when i looked for information on weather or not i could re-cool helium cells,
, Or what the best kind of cooling cell is, (KaK or Helium)
I thought someone addressed this already. (Check the issues wiki page)

Check the community portal for the plans of opening up the wiki.

PS. Still gotta put those on the work list.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
I thought someone addressed this already. (Check the issues wiki page)

Check the community portal for the plans of opening up the wiki.

PS. Still gotta put those on the work list.

Well i didn't see it brought up,

Some things that should be mentioned are like,
Maximum/minimum EU/T and all kinda good stuff :p

But i understand, Gregtech is the worst documented mod in the world[DOUBLEPOST=1367036093][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, Will the real wiki please stand up?

http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Feed_The_Beast_Wiki
http://ftbwiki.org/Feed_The_Beast_Wiki

Why the bloody hell do we have three of them

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
Data Import from Spreadsheet - I have a feeling Jinbobo may have a script for this ;).
Placeholders - We use them with the intent of filling in information later... usually ;). I think we're supposed to actually avoid using them so as to avoid cluttering the wiki with unused stubs/blank pages.
But that table is outdated, and yes I can run a bot to update it, but there's this extension that will make it far simpler: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:External_Data. I recommend building a new database (or table) from scratch.
Placeholders, that's how the unofficial wikis get so much traffic :p. I tend to avoid creating pages that have no content.

A more detailed explanation of exactly what each component of redpower logic does. (For those of us who are not that smart. I just an engineer)
I agree with this... Not in a here are examples, but this is an explanation of how the age writing mechanics work.
I've actually had someone submit an article about that recently eager to see if it would get accepted when the wiki opens up, I believe that part of redpower would be built quickly by the community. Still added that to the work list though.
Mystcraft guides, someone suggested this article: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/14349/. Need to ask for permissions to use it. (It has been listed in the issues page for quite a long time.)

http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com is the official one.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019
i'm pretty much an expert on IC2, But i think the wiki is already done in that area

Actually the only stuff we have in atm is the start of the Getting Started guide and a handful of blocks. If you want to c ontribute sign up for an account on the wiki... you cant create new articles but I think we can coordinate something so you can submit conyent and one of us can post it as well as make sure you get credit.

Give me a bit and I can pm the style guide and general outline for articles on blocks/items to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.