What does YOUR Power Room look like?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

apocalycious

Jul 29, 2019
would be nice if you could run the fabricator on MJ aswell.
that way you can atleast do something with the power, and ofcourse save some space.

Well, I could switch more of the boilers over to using steam turbines instead of industrial steam engines, and just produce more eu. I have 3709 stacks of iron, and I can always make it into steel. On the other hand, I'm already sitting on 540 stacks of UU-Matter, though. That's after using 200 or so of it to make redstone in order to supplement filling a tank of molten redstone, for kicks.

YooKahZee2

Jul 29, 2019
About to start putting all the machinery in, I really love it so far though :D
(BTW its in like a pointy mountain (hehe penis) so that's it's shaped like that :))
2013-03-30_162731_zpscb22baf5.png

MasterFSK

Jul 29, 2019
Bio production:
eVAx2xE.png
This is a lovely setup! Looks like the one I am currently trying to build although mine is way incomplete and wasting a lot of plantballs using buildcraft pipes atm. I would like to steal this idea with routers from you, if I may? =)
Also, I assume the tesseracts are supplied from something automatic? How are you getting the compost made? And if I'd like to use plant balls, is this possible?

My current system is 2 4x4x4 Wheat farms and 2 3x3x3 Sugar Cane farms fed for mulch and plantballs.

Would you mind showing off a bit more of this setup in detail? If you'd like to send it in PM, rather than posting, I'd be really grateful for any assistance =)

Kyonai

Jul 29, 2019
Glad to know my thread is still kickin' after all this time ;) When I get a new power room up and running on my new world I'll be sure to come back with more pics ^_^ Loving all these engine rooms, they're all so pretty looking haha.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
Right now I'm running 43 different 36HP boilers and still gaining fuel faster than I'm using it. Total output from just the boilers: 1600 eu and 5040 mj/t

Aww, I just finished my 36 x 36 mega boiler and was debating posting new pics, but you have me beat. I did pack mine in to a LOT smaller space though. I made floors of 9 boilers each and pushed them right up against each other (well, with the 1 block minimum between them), using tesseracts to get fuel and water to them and liquiducts to pipe the steam away.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
So, this week I hit two major power production milestones:

* I bred apple trees that produce enough apples that I can almost constantly run my fermenters on apple juice.
* I bred bees that produce oil... and more biofuel.

As a result I ended up producing so much more of both fuel and biofuel than I could use that I had to expand my Pit of Power some:

http://i.imgur.com/N4p3dtr.jpg

Right now I'm running 43 different 36HP boilers and still gaining fuel faster than I'm using it. Total output from just the boilers: 1600 eu and 5040 mj/t

In fact, that's just the boilers in that pit. There are others in other parts of the base, too.

I wish I could find more ways to CONSUME power!
Yeah I wish there were a "Gregtech" for MJ power consumption.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
he already added an upgrade for his machines, which enables his machines to consume MJ instead of EU. so... with some overclockers, these machines would eat away every power they get.

Reactions: EternalDensity

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Working with a slightly config-altered Ultimate Pack, and this, so far, is my power room!

First up, my refineries! I've since added some oil fabricators to the mix, because generate ALL the power!

My bank of 8 GT Thermal Generators, working with hell lava, for great EU.

And, finally...my abomination! My abomination of steam, liquiducts, power converters, and energy conduits!

Probably a bit hard to tell, but that's 3 steam consumers hooked up to a BC producer, which will feed a nice oil/fuel loop I'm workin on, with assistance from some cans and an oil well.

AlbertLooper

Jul 29, 2019
This is a lovely setup! Looks like the one I am currently trying to build although mine is way incomplete and wasting a lot of plantballs using buildcraft pipes atm. I would like to steal this idea with routers from you, if I may? =)
Also, I assume the tesseracts are supplied from something automatic? How are you getting the compost made? And if I'd like to use plant balls, is this possible?

My current system is 2 4x4x4 Wheat farms and 2 3x3x3 Sugar Cane farms fed for mulch and plantballs.

Would you mind showing off a bit more of this setup in detail? If you'd like to send it in PM, rather than posting, I'd be really grateful for any assistance =)

Thanks. Routers are indeed the easiest way to fill the fermenters and together with tesseracts you don't need any tubing.
The compost is supplied with a steve's cart wheat farm, using a xycraft fabricator and a thaumcraft golem :)

Today we're starting a new server and the new power room I have in mind is gonna have some further optimizations.
It'll be twice as big (20 boilers, since in the Ultimate pack you can now convert it to any power) and use Mulch instead of compost so I don't need a wheat farm. That's gonna need a lot of apples and saplings so I plan on having 8 woodcutter carts running around, but *very* compact together with MFR "planters" to fill in the spaces with trees that the carts don't.

This time around I also plan on using all of the excess wood either with an automatic minium stone/fabricator setup or having something like a wall of generators supplied with 1 router to burn all the planks into EU's. With so much wood, the EU gain is actually quite substantial and 'steady'.

As for plant balls, I haven't really used them that much because saplings are more efficient (0.8 gain as opposed to 0.4, or 0.5 for compressed balls) but sure, if you produce enough of them they are entirely interchangeable with the setup I'm using in the picture.

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
I wish I had paid as much attention to asthetics as most of you guys do. But it seems like I'm always telling myself "I'm just testing, I'll make it look better once I'm satisfied." Then I start working on other things.

Nether lava into 12 geothermal generators (240 EU/tick):
5y7mipB.png

Item tesseract bringing the drops from a 5x5 multifarm. The saplings go into a fermenter + 7 stills:
GxzSNyy.png

which fuel a 36HP liquid boiler, powering 18 commercial steam engines (144 MJ/tick):
y0vjcwt.png

The trees from the multifarm go into this setup: 2 sawmills, with planks going into the 36 HP solid boiler and the sawdust being autocrafted, then power furnaced into charcoal, into the same boiler, powering 3 turbines to generate 225 EU/tick:
cI4krAj.png

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Why are your MFSUs so far apart?
I like the use of scaffolds under your turbines, looks industrialilicious :p

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a while since I posted here:

1l7CkTV.png

Close up:

PNXVu8D.png

Converting red cobblestone into clay using XYcraft, then turning the clay into Lithium and Sodium and making power with GregTech. The whole process makes about 25,000 EU per red cobblestone. And it also produces aluminium and silicon.

If you want to see how it works in detail, check out the highlight on my Twitch channel.

Reactions: RedBoss

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Where are you getting the red cobble, though?
Also, mycelium can be used as a nice sustainable alternative if you're just mining it, since it can be produced in moisteners from wheat and seeds.

Personally, I plan on using a combination of mycelium, rubberwood, and peat as the basis of my eventual base power generation, with 81 stacks of windmills above it producing power for a matter fabricator. Unfortunately I haven't done anything but claim the area, but I already have around 50 stacks of machine blocks and I just finished an automated IC2 miner frame ship. Just need to get a computer and code it.

I'll definitely post pictures once it's done, though.