Request Suggest mods for creation here

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Minetweaker just lets you change recipes and things, it's not actual modding. The cloest to that we have right now is if you could build a java compiler in lua with Computercraft.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Modtweaker then. It lets you play around with mod values that aren't the materials for recipies.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
A set of education tools for the java version of minecraft.

From what I have read a education edition of minecraft was just released. So far sound like a worthless joke. Still brings up something that might be nice for modded minecraft. Mods aimed at making setting up a using teaching/learning environments easy, efficient, and fun. Their are mods more and less that would work. Maybe add them together and make a pack and refine the mods to aim them more at the education.

Not for sure. Just so many thing I read about Minecraft Education Edition that sound like I couldn't buy it and never want to, but that it might have been a big hit if done right. Not that the modded community could do it better or anything (ironic sarcasm aimed at the how well they have already done. Though their are so many more of them then there are Mincraft developers to be fair.
Um. I'm pretty sure that
A: MinecraftEdu has been around for a while. Like, quite a while time. Because the ComputercraftEdu guys had some interaction with them.
B: Its actually quite well regarded, looks quite useful for schools, and certainly ISN'T worthless OR a joke. The point of it is that schools can buy it for less than it would cost to by X number of copies of the normal game, and its geared around being good for children with the tutorial world and such. So, surprise surprise, YOU are not the target audience.​

Now, that said, I don't disagree that mods aimed around teaching java would be a good idea.

- GwnG

Reactions: DeathOfTime

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Mod Item:

Village in a bottle.

(Or village in a block, village in a box. ViaX)

A one block implementation of a village.

Place a block in the world. It should require two villagers. Either trapped in a safari net, a golden lasso, or lead to an inactive version of the block that consumes them before becoming the active version. Optionally it also requires an amount of basic materials to be fed to it as well.

Once block is activated, clicking on it lets you view a village that exists in another dimension, similar to a pocket dimension. At the start it has just the two villagers and a single randomly selected villager building from the templates. You simply view the village, possibly by method of a spectator mode false player.

Optional upgrade: Gives the block the ability of the trading post of extra utilities, but for every villager in the dimension.

As materials are fed into the block the village starts to grow. A template similar to the existing village generation using the procedural method of growth used by the blood magic demon village is a good first estimate of how this process might be done. Millénaire offers a more complex possibility. Early on the village must be fed in order for the villagers to breed. Once there is a garden it will not require outside food.

Optional upgrade: Some template buildings are locked out until after the village contains a given villager. Gardener required for the garden plot. Blacksmith cases a blacksmith shop (and a chest of loot) to be generated. Should be possible to deconstruct the template and villager added by a mod and pair them up with requirements. (EXAMPLE: Agricraft villager and greenhouse, Forestry aparist and his bee themed house). For mods that add buildings without villagers simply solving the blocks they are made out of should be sufficient. (EXAMPLE: Tinkers Construct placing smelterys or workshop buildings)

Village dimensional space should not be possible to spawn any monsters in, keeping them protected. It should act as if it is open to the sky above and have functioning, though perhaps simulated void below. Dimension should enlarge itself as needed (Optional, require ender related items to "buy" the expansion) with the over all village having a thematic feel of an island in the void, at least blue sky height above void.

Optional: Theoretically possible to teleport yourself into the village and interact directly. Though would encourage the village to be treated as protected chunks or otherwise adventure mode locked.

Theoretically possible to design buildings not yet in the game or any other mod that villagers could grow as well. Possible to design the village to be more space efficient then default village designs. Suggest space be chunkloaded when block owner is logged in only.

Stretch goals include further compatability with other mods, up to and including Millénaire villages in bottles, witchery walls and guards, and an api or cfg based ability for custom buildings and villager requirements.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Um. I'm pretty sure that
A: MinecraftEdu has been around for a while. Like, quite a while time. Because the ComputercraftEdu guys had some interaction with them.
B: Its actually quite well regarded, looks quite useful for schools, and certainly ISN'T worthless OR a joke. The point of it is that schools can buy it for less than it would cost to by X number of copies of the normal game, and its geared around being good for children with the tutorial world and such. So, surprise surprise, YOU are not the target audience.​

Now, that said, I don't disagree that mods aimed around teaching java would be a good idea.

- GwnG
MinecraftEdu is being discontinued and replaced with a microsoft focused "minecraft: education edition". Their is a real big difference between the two. Really wanted the first one and was liking what I read on it. Really not liking the second, thought I still wish I could acquire a copy of the first and am hoping the it turns out to be more like it then it currently is sounding. The schools are getting the shaft on this one it seems. Microsoft is trying to mine this for all it is worth.

I know it isn't aimed at me. I just happen to like all things minecraft and don't like seeing one of the things I like about it being crapped all over. ComputercraftEdu was really fun. What I read on minecraftEdu sounded cool and nice. That is at a end. things have changed.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
MinecraftEdu is being discontinued and replaced with a microsoft focused "minecraft: education edition". Their is a real big difference between the two. Really wanted the first one and was liking what I read on it. Really not liking the second, thought I still wish I could acquire a copy of the first and am hoping the it turns out to be more like it then it currently is sounding. The schools are getting the shaft on this one it seems. Microsoft is trying to mine this for all it is worth.

I know it isn't aimed at me. I just happen to like all things minecraft and don't like seeing one of the things I like about it being crapped all over. ComputercraftEdu was really fun. What I read on minecraftEdu sounded cool and nice. That is at a end. things have changed.
Wow, many apologies - I didn't know about that! :( You have good taste in what you did like! Dan200 and Joel the Minecraft Teacher are really cool guys.

As for mods for creation, I had a thought: this may already exist, but something that takes the slightly more advanced combat in 1.9 and really runs with it. Not just a cooldown timer, but something almost like Story Mode, whereby different moves are highlighted depending on what mobs are coming and how they are attacking you. I can't imagine it would be doable, but I like the idea :D

Reactions: DeathOfTime

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
As for mods for creation, I had a thought: this may already exist, but something that takes the slightly more advanced combat in 1.9 and really runs with it. Not just a cooldown timer, but something almost like Story Mode, whereby different moves are highlighted depending on what mobs are coming and how they are attacking you. I can't imagine it would be doable, but I like the idea :D
I really like the sound of this. Haven't played story mode yet. Was thinking a attack bar might work too. Another hot bar that can be switched to that allows special moves and different attacks and styles. Would go well with a skill tree or something.

Have a zelda style attack line, or even a Ken/Ryu move based attack line. (would really like to see hand to hand be a thing too)

I think your idea would be possible to implement. I know nothing of programming though, so could be wrong. Like have three buttons and it displays a quick time event based on enemy you are currently looking at. Whichever of the three keys is pressed selects the move. or even a menu based on holding left mouse click and releasing over the proper option.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
If I am flying, and I stop, then *I STOP* .

GET RID OF THE "COAST" that makes it hard to control location while in creative flight.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
This is a bit random; what do you guys think:

A really simple, small mod that adds in alarms. So like the howler and/or industrial alarm with that wonderful sound, but JUST that, without all the other Nuclear Control stuff? And maybe a configurable sound choice (not sure how this would work with servers) where you can add in short sound files that can be selected from the alarm, or at least multiple alarming noises :D

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
This is a bit random; what do you guys think:

A really simple, small mod that adds in alarms. So like the howler and/or industrial alarm with that wonderful sound, but JUST that, without all the other Nuclear Control stuff? And maybe a configurable sound choice (not sure how this would work with servers) where you can add in short sound files that can be selected from the alarm, or at least multiple alarming noises :D

So redstone controlled Cicadas to hide in other people's bases?
I like this a little too much.​

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda like how Genny hid a Drum of the Wild under BDoub's place way back on the old Crackpack server.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Draconic Evolution does that with it's top teir armor.

I don't want to install a big mod for this one thing. But thank you for letting me know that.

===

For 1.9/1.10: A mod to permit potion-dipped arrows to apply their effect. For example: shooting an arrow tipped with "healing" should allow someone to heal a person or hurt an undead. An arrow with "fire resistance" should be useful for someone that has fallen in lava. Etc.

E

Eugene5348

Alright, I'll start with something I think doesn't exist (at least I haven't found anything when googled).

A mod that just adds tanks for liquids, like the ones from Railcraft or Xycraft or even Buildcraft. But just the tanks.

Why I am suggesting this? Simply because I'm not quite interested in the content Railcraft and Xycraft adds but I like the tanks they introduce. Buildcraft is fine but I prefer Thermal Expansion which doesn't have any large tanks for storage. I don't like installing a mod to use just a couple of items, so I'm pretty much at dead end.

I don't know if the mod will gain much popularity but I'm probably not the only one that would like a feature like this one.
Try Pressure Pipes

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
I don't want to install a big mod for this one thing. But thank you for letting me know that.

===

For 1.9/1.10: A mod to permit potion-dipped arrows to apply their effect. For example: shooting an arrow tipped with "healing" should allow someone to heal a person or hurt an undead. An arrow with "fire resistance" should be useful for someone that has fallen in lava. Etc.
Don't they do that already? When you shoot someone with a fire resistance arrow they'll get fire resistance...