Problem Infinity server lag problems

Mark Willisford

Jul 29, 2019
Good afternoon fellow Minecrafters!

I am running my first server, running into a few problems and am completely lost as to how to proceed. So I turn to the first group of knowledgeable admins familiar with the software I am running. FTB itself.

First I shall start by answering the questions that are listed in the “MUST READ! How to ask Tech Support” sticky post.

· What OS are you running?

I am running Windows 9 on my client side computer.

· Are you using minecraft hosting provider or a dedicated/local server not designed for minecraft?

I am using a minecraft hosting provider. KBG Servers.

· What version of FTB are you using? (Dont just say latest tell us the version)

I was originally running FTB:Infinity 2.2.2.2 but as part of troubleshooting this issue it has been updated to FTB:Infinity 2.3.5

· Did you add any mods to the server pack?

I did. They are as follows:

Morph-Beta-0.9.2

ProjectE-1.7.10-PE1.9.4 updated as part of troubleshooting to ProjectE-1.7.10-PE1.9.5

Worldedit-forge-mc1.7.10-6.0-beta-01

ChickenChunks is enabled on the server, though as part of troubleshooting all chunkloaders that we could find were broken and it was disabled. It currently has been reenabled.

We also disabled Custom Main Menu, Witchery and ResourceLoader.

· What are your server specs?

I am ashamed to say that I don’t know exactly what the server specs are. It is their “Redstone Tier” with only 5 player slots for Infinity. If anyone knows where I can look up that information I would appreciate it.

· A good detailed paragraph about the problem

This issue seems to be only effecting two of the players on the server, one on a Wi-Fi connection, the other, hard lined from the same house.

1.) When in the area of one of the players’ bases, there is a delay when typing into chat or right click interaction with the world. This delay increases the longer the players are online.

2.) When one of these two players are in the affected area the server CPU jumps to 100%

3.) When left clicking to break blocks the block will disappear yet will not drop anything for several minutes.

4.) When moving around, the game will “stutter.” Jumping the player back to the location / inventory / hunger etc. from several seconds prior. This tends to begin happening after being logged in for about 5 minutes or so.

5.) When blocks are placed they disappear several minutes later and reappear in the players’ inventory.

6.) Finally, there seems to be a major chunk loading error around the base. We are all familiar with the world holes, but this is as far as the eye can see. It is as if instead of world holes, we have a hole of generated chunks around the base. Now, a note on this, if I teleport using /TP or with Journey map then the world loads fine around me and I can return to the affected area. Once I near it however, the issues return.

What we have attempted thus far:

1.) The first several hours was working with the local ISP to insure Web connectivity and speed was not the issue. Running at over 30mb/down ~4.9 up

2.) Working with tech support at KBG produced several tests and narrowed our search for the problem. First updating the pack was tried.

3.) Chicken chunks was disabled.

4.) After realizing that this all started after using world edit to paste a homemade schematic into the world, we destroyed all the blocks from the schematic. One note here, there was only one non-vanilla block in the schematic, Block of Ruby from Project Red. Interestingly, when it was pasted it showed up looking like two walls in a cross, instead of a block.

5.) /Forge tps was tried in several locations around the map. 20+ in almost all tests. At one point when both tech support and I were on the server it dropped to 2.

6.) Tech support was able to finally get a version of Opis working and reported that it indicated there was no issue.

7.) Finally we attempted a tracert in the cmd prompt. It appeared to be Greek to me, however tech support said “Looks like your bounces to the server are having issues.”

8.) Several different tracert tests seems to confirm this.

At this point it seems as if the issue lies somewhere between the players and the server itself. How in the world do I proceed?

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Been a while since I've helped here, but here we go. How big was that schematic that you pasted? Also how much RAM is being used when nobody is on and when everybody is on, what is the max amount you have, (same goes for CPU usage). Also please on pastebin.com post your most recent server.log after the lag has occurred. If it is too large for pastebin do that most recent 200 lines or so or find another pasting site.

defakto

Jul 29, 2019
I would put good money that the server you're on is over provisioned and as such doesn't have the actual resources to handle the number of servers running on it.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Red stone tier from what host? Mcprohosting? don't use them, they don't actually host their servers they rent them from PheonixNAP and from the 25xx series, UGH... never use that series for minecraft these are the good MC CPUs https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html.

But the file I need to help you is the server.log in your main server directory. I believe if you are using multicraft or mcmyadmin you can access that, just make sure if using multicraft that (in the settings somewhere) all logging is being done and it isn't skipping out on anything in the log. I have no idea what your host provided you with so I can't help much more than that.