[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Alright. That seems to have been the issue. Thank you.
Also note that agricraft crops seem to have a serious aversion to carpenter's torches, and won't grow or spread within a block of them, horizontally or vertically. Although they don't have a problem with vanilla torches...

Syrahl

Jul 29, 2019
Also note that agricraft crops seem to have a serious aversion to carpenter's torches, and won't grow or spread within a block of them, horizontally or vertically. Although they don't have a problem with vanilla torches...

I had the same problem with Super Crafting Frames. 2 blocks above it worked fine, but when they were on the wall right above the crops, they didn't gain any growth stages.

A

axle2005

Same issue, can't complete the "Another Side Another Story" quest

I made a MineTweaker script for the server cluster I'm an admin for.

#Lexicon

val mbook = <minecraft:book>;
var book = <Botania:lexicon>;
var book2 = book.withTag({"knowledge.alfheim":1 as byte, forcedMessage: "elfMessage"});

mods.botania.ElvenTrade.addRecipe(book.withTag({"knowledge.alfheim":1 as byte, forcedMessage: "elfMessage"}), [mbook]);

Basically, it will allow the player to throw a normal empty book into the portal and get the Elven Knowledge lexicon with the correct NBT data for the quest to detect

Reactions: rivvest

rjwboys

Jul 29, 2019
I made a MineTweaker script for the server cluster I'm an admin for.

#Lexicon

val mbook = <minecraft:book>;
var book = <Botania:lexicon>;
var book2 = book.withTag({"knowledge.alfheim":1 as byte, forcedMessage: "elfMessage"});

mods.botania.ElvenTrade.addRecipe(book.withTag({"knowledge.alfheim":1 as byte, forcedMessage: "elfMessage"}), [mbook]);

Basically, it will allow the player to throw a normal empty book into the portal and get the Elven Knowledge lexicon with the correct NBT data for the quest to detect
so we could use that for singleplayer as well right

BlueDragon_Ned

Jul 29, 2019
greetings,
I have troubles with cross breeding trees, i have the right forestry trees, i have bee houses near but the trees will not cross breed to get new types, any help?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
greetings,
I have troubles with cross breeding trees, i have the right forestry trees, i have bee houses near but the trees will not cross breed to get new types, any help?

Are you not getting any of the pollinated leaves, or are they just returning saplings that look like the originals (and may not stack)? You might want to make a Treealyzer if you haven't already, and run a couple saplings through it. Also, make sure that the bees in the area have Fast or better pollination. It looks like there's a way to use the Advanced Mutator on saplings, but that might require an Alveary with a pollen sieve (can't check the exact name, as I'm having trouble connecting at the moment.)

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
greetings,

Just wondering if it's a 'habitat' issue, just like for bees. I looked at this table and saw the chromosones for 'NATIVE' and 'TOLERATES'.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Are you not getting any of the pollinated leaves, or are they just returning saplings that look like the originals (and may not stack)? You might want to make a Treealyzer if you haven't already, and run a couple saplings through it. Also, make sure that the bees in the area have Fast or better pollination. It looks like there's a way to use the Advanced Mutator on saplings, but that might require an Alveary with a pollen sieve (can't check the exact name, as I'm having trouble connecting at the moment.)

*Facepalm* Advanced Mutator is from another pack that I'm playing. The other advice stands, though. Also, check to see if the version of Forestry requires the Spectacles to see the pollinated leaves. (And research and invest in the Thaumium Grafter with Repair, unless you can swing hatching a green-robed Forestry villager.)

BlueDragon_Ned

Jul 29, 2019
greetings,
Thank you already for you responses.
I have the spectacles but the leaves show no discoloring from polination, i will try to cut all four down to see if that shows a different.
For the habitat, i tried it the arid wasteland area as the magic tree biome, no luck in both

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
greetings,
Thank you already for you responses.
I have the spectacles but the leaves show no discoloring from polination, i will try to cut all four down to see if that shows a different.
For the habitat, i tried it the arid wasteland area as the magic tree biome, no luck in both

If you've got an Ocean biome nearby, you might try setting up a floating island. I don't remember how much tree-breeding I was able to do in the Magical Forest, but I know I got a bunch done in the Ocean biome. Plains are also really conducive to tree-breeding, if you've progressed far enough to do biome changing of that order.

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
So, I just got Millenaire quests unlocked, and built my first village - yay.

However, now my server is spamming the following, many times a second:
Code:
ERROR: MLEntityGenericAsymmFemale@: Frida Bernhard/812543047951953408/net.minecraft.world.WorldServer@4703402f: Could not register as mw is null
over and over and over.

A search suggests this is a common Millenaire problem, but no solution, and apparently no interest from the mod developer on fixing it.

This is going to be a server breaker, given the speed at which my disk is filling with these messages... no way of getting ridding it short of removing Millenaire from the pack?

Update: so, given that Millenaire appears to work OK despite the error messages, I just want to silence it. There's no source code available, so... time for a spot of bytecode editing. I have succeeded in modifying the mod to ditch that error. I can't really redistribute the modified JAR, since 1) it's probably not legal to do so, and 2) you don't want to be accepting modified JARs from just anyone :)

So, if anyone is suffering from this problem and needs a fix, here's some instructions on how to tweak the JAR. Note: I assume no responsibility if your world eats itself or your server subsequently catches fire!
  1. I'm using ReJ, a Java-based Java bytecode editor. You can get it from Sourceforge: http://rejava.sourceforge.net
  2. Make a safe copy of millenaire-6.0.0.jar before you start (it's in mods/ on your server installation), and work on that copy.
  3. Extract and run Rej: java -jar rej.jar
  4. In ReJ, open up your copied millenaire-6.0.0.jar file, and navigate down to org/millenaire/common. Expand that, and open MillVillager.class
  5. Now you'll see a bunch of Java bytecode. Don't panic. Search for "mw is null". You should now see some code like this:
Code:
130 getfield MillWorld MillVillager.mw
133 ifnonnull label_144
136 aload_0 this
137 ldc_w String Constant "Could not register as mw is null"
140 invokestatic void MLN.error(Object, String)
143 return

We need to remove lines 136, 137 & 140 (they're not strictly line numbers, but that's not important for our purposes right now). Just select each line, and press Remove. Should look like this when you're done:

Code:
130 getfield MillWorld MillVillager.mw
133 ifnonnull label_144
136 return

Now press Save As..., choose a new temporary filename and save your modified JAR (note: pressing Save doesn't appear to work well - save a new JAR with Save As...).

You should have a quietened down Millenaire mod at this point, so copy your newly saved file back into your server mods/ directory, ensuring the original millenaire-6.0.0.jar is moved out of the way. And be sure to keep the original JAR in case of problems!

Also, it should only be necessary to modify this on the server for SMP installations. Clients don't need the modified JAR.

Last edited:
Reactions: rivvest

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
speaking of millenaire, what is the easiest way to remove a village?
i greatly underestimated the size that these things are when spawning it, and now it is a bit to close to my base.
i dont want them building buildings over my witchery altar or something like that.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Also about millénaire, what is a safe distance to start up a village to avoid them overrunning my base?

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
@GrimJahk from looking at mods/millenaire/config.txt, I see:
Code:
//Rayon des villages; Rayon des villages normaux (pas des hameaux). Défaut: 65.
//Radius of Villages; Radius of normal villages (not hamlets). Default: 65.
village_radius=65

@gijsc1 If the town hall is more than 65 blocks from the edge of your base, you should be OK. Otherwise - this is a bit of guesswork, but if you look in world/millenaire/villages.txt (in SMP), it lists your villages, one per line. You should in theory be able to delete the line for the village you want to remove, and the corresponding files in world/millenaire/buildings, but I haven't tried it so do make sure everything's backed up! You'll probably also want to remove the village blocks too; regenerating the chunks via MCEdit is probably the easiest way, or possibly installing WorldEdit.

For SSP, it'll be in Regrowth/saves/<world name>/millenaire.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
@GrimJahk from looking at mods/millenaire/config.txt, I see:
Code:
//Rayon des villages; Rayon des villages normaux (pas des hameaux). Défaut: 65.
//Radius of Villages; Radius of normal villages (not hamlets). Default: 65.
village_radius=65

@gijsc1 If the town hall is more than 65 blocks from the edge of your base, you should be OK. Otherwise - this is a bit of guesswork, but if you look in world/millenaire/villages.txt (in SMP), it lists your villages, one per line. You should in theory be able to delete the line for the village you want to remove, and the corresponding files in world/millenaire/buildings, but I haven't tried it so do make sure everything's backed up! You'll probably also want to remove the village blocks too; regenerating the chunks via MCEdit is probably the easiest way, or possibly installing WorldEdit.

For SSP, it'll be in Regrowth/saves/<world name>/millenaire.
Thanks!

I'm not sure how far away I am from starting those quest lines, but certainly good info to have ;-)

Mbatu

Jul 29, 2019
greetings,

I don't think Bee Houses allow you to breed trees i think you need the apiary for tree breeding to occur i could be wrong though

Argelius

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks, I have been having a problem with summoning Leonard, I added all the ingredients in the correct order for the first two parts of the Bane of Tibbz quest and have sufficient power in the nearby altar but he still doesn't appear. Am I missing something?