Adventurer's Backpack configuration

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Akutan

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I've really tried looking this up and can't seem to solve the problem.

I just updated from Infinity 1.6.4 to 1.11.2 and my miners backpack no longer accepts thaumcraft shards. I've tried editing the backpacks.conf file to no avail. It probably has to do with my lack on understanding what the conf file is asking for.

as per the conf file:
# add blocks and items for the adventurer's backpack here in the format modid:name:meta. separate blocks and items using ';'. wildcard for metadata: '*'

it was recommend that I use the dumped items.csv file from NEI to find the info
From the item.csv
Name - Thaumcraft:ItemShard
ID - 5071
Has Block - FALSE
Mod - Thaumcraft
Class - thaumcraft.common.items.ItemShard

I've tried different combinations of the Name, ID, and Mod but can't seem to get it to work...

What am I missing? What is the proper syntax for the modification? Oh and what is meta?

Thanks

Last edited:

Akutan

Jul 29, 2019
No, my interpretation of the guide in the conf file is as such Mod:Name:ItemID
" Thaumcraft:Item Shard:5071 "
I even tried " Thaumcraft:Item Shard:5071:* " as there are several different shards. admittadly I did not try Thaumcraft:Thaumcraft:Item Shard:5071 because that seems but redundant but hey may be I should that.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
If the format is modid:name:meta Id try this: Thaumcraft:Item Shard:*

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I can't remember if each shard has it's own ID or if it uses metadata. That may be causing the issue as well. I think you use a ; for a wildcard on the metadata...

Akutan

Jul 29, 2019
No, my interpretation of the guide in the conf file is as such Mod:Name:ItemID
Thaumcraft:Item Shard:5071 I even tried Thaumcraft:Item Shard:5071:* as there are several different shards. admittaadle I did not try Thaumcraft:Thaumcraft:Item Shard:5071 because that seems but redundant but hey may be I should that.
Magic Bees iirc adds a specific forestry backpack to hold thaumcraft related items.
Yes Magic Bees does have a Thaumcraft backpack but it does not accept shards.

Akutan

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the current code for backpacks.conf file
Code:
# Forestry
# 3.5.6.15 (15)
#
# Config files:
# common.conf        -     Contains all options common to Forestry
# fluids.conf        -     Contains all options for fluids
# apiculture.conf    -     Contains all options for bee breeding
# backpacks.conf    -     Contains custom configurations for backpacks
# pipes.conf        -     Configures item id for the apiarist's pipe
# gamemodes/        -     Configures available gamemodes

#####################
# BACKPACKS
#####################
# add additional blocks and items for the miner's backpack here in the format modid:name:meta. separate blocks and items using ';'. wildcard for metadata: '*'
backpacks.miner.items=Thaumcraft:ItemShard:*
# add additional blocks and items for the digger's backpack here in the format modid:name:meta. separate blocks and items using ';'. wildcard for metadata: '*'
backpacks.digger.items=
# add additional blocks and items for the forester's backpack here in the format modid:name:meta. separate blocks and items using ';'. wildcard for metadata: '*'
backpacks.forester.items=
# add additional blocks and items for the hunter's backpack here in the format modid:name:meta. separate blocks and items using ';'. wildcard for metadata: '*'
backpacks.hunter.items=
# add blocks and items for the adventurer's backpack here in the format modid:name:meta. separate blocks and items using ';'. wildcard for metadata: '*'
backpacks.adventurer.items=Thaumcraft:ItemShard:*
# add blocks and items for the builder's backpack here in the format modid:name:meta. separate blocks and items using ';'. wildcard for metadata: '*'
backpacks.builder.items=