Solved FTB Infinity Sever 1.4.1 crashing when using 1.3.4 world

MIkal_Bishop

Jul 29, 2019
  • Private Server
  • Windows 7 64 bit 24GB of memory i7-3770k

• Problem Occurs on FTB Infinity 1.4.1
  • Running Infinity server 1.3.4 my world, "Survival 1" loads on the server.
  • Running a new world created from the Infinity 1.4.1 the new world runs fine.
  • When I copy "Survial 1" into the new server folder. The server fails to start and I receive these line at the end. The original failure was when I upgraded the server.
  • [02:59:27] [Server thread/INFO] [FML/]: The state engine was in incorrect state ERRORED and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded.
    [02:59:27] [Server thread/INFO] [FML/]: The state engine was in incorrect state ERRORED and forced into state AVAILABLE. Errors may have been discarded.
  • The last 1000 linse of the log is on PasteBin here: http://pastebin.com/5vaGsUMW
  • On last thing if I copy the world and play it local it runs. It mentions something about missing blocks but the game starts and all appears correct.

Last edited:

Shybella

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, found your issue.
  1. [02:59:27] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Caught exception from EnderStorage
  2. java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to check session lock, aborting

You've got a bad session.lock file. Go ahead and delete that from your world folder.
Also, I would remove the EnderStorage folder too. Don't delete it but move it out. Probably contains storage from a world that no longer exists or the item IDs have changed.

Update: Looking more, I can confirm it looks like a invaild session.lock file. I'd remove this and try.

Did you also update the config files?

Last edited:

MIkal_Bishop

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I ended up getting to work by running it in 1.3.4. And then updating it again. MY assumption is that I either corrupted those file on the first attempt or playing for an amount of time in 1.3.4 must have cleared or updated the files you mentioned.

Thank you very much for the Reply. I will definitely keep session file issue in mind next time I upgrade.