JamPacked II

Ar13mis

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly though, by the time a pack is good enough to be previewed, there won't be enough time to steal the idea from it if it is a good pack. That might just be my thoughts though...

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I would assume people would like others to see their packs just to help trouble shoot and possibly get some feedback.

Reactions: psp

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, quick question, for some reason I cannot find the folder where the hqm book main picture is supposed to go. It would be super great if someone could help with that.

knoxz

Jul 29, 2019
I have written a small mod where you can specify custome ore gen really easy. It's really good if you have dimensional progression.
We have used it on a private pack with "space" progression from galacticraft.
You can specify which ore you want to generate in which dimension and which block you want to replace. Let me give you an example from our configs.
We disabeled Uran and Yellorite generation and added a custom spawn to only spawn it on mars. So people have to progress through galacticraft to build their reactors.
Code:
{"name":"Yellorite","dimension":-29,"chanceToSpawn":5,"oreid":"BigReactors:YelloriteOre","meta":0,"replaceid":"GalacticraftMars:tile.mars","minY":5,"maxY":60}
{"name":"Uranium","dimension":-29,"chanceToSpawn":5,"oreid":"IC2:blockOreUran","meta":0,"replaceid":"GalacticraftMars:tile.mars","minY":5,"maxY":60}

Or our Infinity Server had the problem with Draconium beeing really rare, because the end was stripped clean after 1-2 days after reset, so we added draconium ore gen in the Bedrock dimension.
Code:
{"name":"Draconium","dimension":-19,"chanceToSpawn":10,"oreid":"DraconicEvolution:draconiumOre","meta":0,"replaceid":"minecraft:bedrock","minY":10,"maxY":120}

you could also automaticly spawn every block you desire anywhere you want.
How about some noteblocks in the nether and disable the recipe. Let people go mining for them. No problem!

Would someone be interessted in a mod like this to customize ore generation? I also think this has a lot more potencial then just customizeable ore generation.
I might go public in a few days after my exams.

Added the mod on Curse. Some of you mind find it useful to create a progression or anything else. The only limit is your creativity ;-)
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/228893-ore-gen-anything

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

DreadKyller

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to this competition, one question, are we allowed to use mods that we custom-code? From some of the comments it would appear that way but I just want to verify.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to this competition, one question, are we allowed to use mods that we custom-code? From some of the comments it would appear that way but I just want to verify.
You would need permissions by the author to use the mod... If you give yourself permission to use the mod that you created i dont see why not lol :p

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I have a question on this rule:
The modpack must be quest based of some sort with a definitive ending.

What counts as a "definitive ending"? Plundered Land for 1.6.4 was (never finished) going to end with having short-cutted through the rotarycraft tech tree, and then left you with an open-ended "do what you want" environment.

I can't shortcut RotaryCraft anymore, and that mod is too big (and I don't know it well enough yet) to write a full set of quests for. I don't think that rule lets me leave you with an open-ended "do what you want" end case. The plotline involves a big bad villain, but there are no mods I can find that would let me define an enemy and script its AI; I can easily alter the plotline to just say you never find this guy (maybe the big bad is dead before you go chasing; maybe it got lost in a mystcraft trap age; maybe it just wrote a new world to live in, and didn't leave a book for you to follow).

But I'm not really sure, what counts as a definitive ending. Clarification please?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
There's nothing specifically wrong with a "do what you want" ending. But the idea is to have some specific "challenge", that when you have completed it, you're done. Mostly so when we're judging, we know when we're done.

I'm also hoping to discourage the, insert 20 octuple compressed cobblestone to win, type quests.

Reactions: karmarcharger

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I have a question on this rule:

What counts as a "definitive ending"? Plundered Land for 1.6.4 was (never finished) going to end with having short-cutted through the rotarycraft tech tree, and then left you with an open-ended "do what you want" environment.

I can't shortcut RotaryCraft anymore, and that mod is too big (and I don't know it well enough yet) to write a full set of quests for. I don't think that rule lets me leave you with an open-ended "do what you want" end case. The plotline involves a big bad villain, but there are no mods I can find that would let me define an enemy and script its AI; I can easily alter the plotline to just say you never find this guy (maybe the big bad is dead before you go chasing; maybe it got lost in a mystcraft trap age; maybe it just wrote a new world to live in, and didn't leave a book for you to follow).

But I'm not really sure, what counts as a definitive ending. Clarification please?
Custom NPC mod might be useful to you (and others).

ScoobTheNoob

Jul 29, 2019
There's nothing specifically wrong with a "do what you want" ending. But the idea is to have some specific "challenge", that when you have completed it, you're done. Mostly so when we're judging, we know when we're done.

I'm also hoping to discourage the, insert 20 octuple compressed cobblestone to win, type quests.

So, you land on floating Island with 13,000 Igneous extruder's a crafting bench, no hunger. Your only task's is one submit 14 trillion octuple compressed cobblestone then all 13,000 extruder's.

On removal of last extruder ofc you free-fall, in the infinite death span death spawn loop the end.

psp

Jul 29, 2019
So, you land on floating Island with 13,000 Igneous extruder's a crafting bench, no hunger. Your only task's is one submit 14 trillion octuple compressed cobblestone then all 13,000 extruder's.

On removal of last extruder ofc you free-fall, in the infinite death span death spawn loop the end.
Download please.

Reactions: skunkdonkey