Input on Big reactor turbine

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

40AngryDucks

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
I wanted to ask for some advice on my big reactor turbine design, I chose to scrap my Reactor and instead put up four 3x3x4 High Pressure Steam Boilers that if I counted correctly can output 2880mb of steam per tick, and I want to use that steam to fuel a Big Reactor Turbine to power my base.

However, I think im overthinking things and got stuck somewhere and cant for the world figure out what kind of size the turbine needs to be? Im kind of limited in space since me and my friends share an area to build in. I have planned for the coils to be made out of Enderium blocks, but how many rotor blades should I be aiming for with that steam per tick output?

Any ideas on input on this would help me a great deal, been looking trough spreadsheets but most are old and I cant seem to figure it out even with that sadly. We are currently playing the FTB DW20 pack on 1.7.10.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
With 2880mB/t(4x3x3x4x20mb/t yeah it is correct) you will need at least 2 turbines.
I usually use this spreadsheet to look up turbines:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TUxOUGxMRlpERWtPMmtGT213bmc&usp=sharing#gid=1
It does however only show full sized coils(sets of 8 blocks, which is also the most space efficient). Quick glance it seems that they dont quite fall in the steam/t range that is exactly what you want. Closest is possible 2x "1800 RPM, 3 Coils, 52 blades, 1299mb/t". If you make one of your boilers 3x3x3 instead it comes really close to the steam needed for those turbines.

Last edited:

APproject

Jul 29, 2019
A 7x7x16 turbine (as shown in pic) requires the full 2000mb/t of steam to operate efficiently. It's better for him to build 2 smaller turbines as rhn suggested

True, but a maxed out turbine is a lot easier to install than several smaller turbines. Looking at the spreadsheet, it would be hard to match the 28k RF/t even with two turbines using 1400 mb/t.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
True, but a maxed out turbine is a lot easier to install than several smaller turbines. Looking at the spreadsheet, it would be hard to match the 28k RF/t even with two turbines using 1400 mb/t.
RF/t values vary greatly pack to pack depending on config settings. FTB packs have commonly been using 1.3x settings I believe. The spread sheet I linked is based on the default settings. But even so 2x 1299mB/t turbines with Enderium coils produce over 30kRF/t.

APproject

Jul 29, 2019
RF/t values vary greatly pack to pack depending on config settings. FTB packs have commonly been using 1.3x settings I believe. The spread sheet I linked is based on the default settings. But even so 2x 1299mB/t turbines with Enderium coils produce over 30kRF/t.

It's actually a 1x modification in the config :p. Regardless, I imagine your option would still lead to just a bit more power