[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack dev claims that with a fortune 3 hammer you can hammer compressed dirt and get back the dirt you hammered every time.

That's not what the complaint was about. The complaint was about getting your first 729 dirt to make a triple compressed dirt to start with - not about the extra dirt you'd need to replenish what you lose.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
The new beta seems horribly unbalanced mob wise. I'm getting constantly swarmed by everything at night, to the point where my game is starting to crash from so many things going on. I then noticed that you added special AI. HORRIBLE decision, as it makes the difficulty ramped up way too high. Don't go down the road of trying to make everything so difficult AND grindy. Most people will stop playing your pack.

Last edited:

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
Guys stahp hating on karmacharger. He/she is trying their absolute best to put out modpacks for us. Im still in .17 land waiting out the storm of changes. So...not leaf cider must be recrafted into cider to be drinkable right? Also, how has mob spawn rate been changed before I update? Lol I built a safe zone around my place with a moat and lit everything up by slicing up some of my glowglass into nooks. Is that safe by the new spawn rules?

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
You are way too literal. Go do a search and see what the common consensus of what "double posting" MEANS. You will find, as I did when I researched it, that the most common explanation is NOT just posting twice, but instead either posting the same content twice in a row, or creating a second post to add info to the first post. But considering that you can't be bothered to actually read people's posts here before responding, I don't expect you will do that search. Therefore, please stop mini-modding.
I've perused many message boards for many years, every single one of them defined it as posting twice in a row.
The edit button is there for a reason.

Check the master volume in options I think it defaults at 0 when you update
x.x
For the past couple hours I have been deleting, reinstalling, over and over again.

That's not what the complaint was about. The complaint was about getting your first 729 dirt to make a triple compressed dirt to start with - not about the extra dirt you'd need to replenish what you lose.
True but 729 dirt is better than 12042 dirt, and I wasn't saying that the return of dirt fixes the issue I was only stating what was said.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
I've perused many message boards for many years, every single one of them defined it as posting twice in a row.
The edit button is there for a reason.
Goodie for you and your personal experiences. Now, are you a mod here? No? Then leave the modding to them. If the mods had a problem with my actions, they would have said so. Until then, please stop mini-modding.

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
Wow this pack attracts a lot of hate, sure some of it is related to the frustration of playing the pack, but wow.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Goodie for you and your personal experiences. Now, are you a mod here? No? Then leave the modding to them. If the mods had a problem with my actions, they would have said so. Until then, please stop mini-modding.
So... you are saying I should get a mod involved?

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Only Frezarite meteors are disabled
Why? (Just wondering.)

BTW, I like the new pipe and gear recipes. They make things fresh and interesting... although I can't comment on whether the new striped pipes are too expensive (at over 48 iron, 16 diamonds, and 1377 cobblestone for 4 pipes) since I already had some from before the update.

I'm particularly concerned about that cobblestone count. That's at least half an hour of staring at a cobblestone generator and holding down your mouse button. (My suggestion is to use single-compressed cobblestone for gears, instead of double-compressed)

Last edited:

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Why? (Just wondering.)

BTW, I like the new pipe and gear recipes. They make things fresh and interesting... although I can't comment on whether the new striped pipes are too expensive (at over 48 iron, 16 diamonds, and 1377 cobblestone for 4 pipes) since I already had some from before the update.

I'm particularly concerned about that cobblestone count. That's at least half an hour of staring at a cobblestone generator and holding down your mouse button.
Flaxbeard rock smasher to make cobble farm ;3

Frezarite is disabled because ice in meteor shield is bad D:

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
The new beta seems horribly unbalanced mob wise. I'm getting constantly swarmed by everything at night, to the point where my game is starting to crash from so many things going on. I then noticed that you added special AI. HORRIBLE decision, as it makes the difficulty ramped up way too high. Don't go down the road of trying to make everything so difficult AND grindy. Most people will stop playing your pack.
Its called beta for a reason, could you post a screenshot on the spawn rates please? Thanks :)

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, you can't just put the blame on the mod author when you consciously made the decision to include it in the pack as the pack author. While it is very true the mod author is responsible for causing the bug, you as the pack author are ultimately responsible for what is in your pack. You should not expect users to test your pack out after you have considered it stable, at this point there should only be minor bugs which do not cause the game to crash or completely bug out quests.

As a pack author, it is your responsibility to carefully choose which mods to include and test them to ensure compatibility across the pack to the extent where no major bugs are obvious. If bugs are apparent, you should do your best to either prevent them from happening by tweaking the mod or the configs, contact the mod author and give them a bug report, or remove the mod entirely until it is stable. Of course, you cannot realistically do this all on your own, this is what betas are for. This was evidently not done with your pack for whatever reason as many major issues still exist as reported by numerous users on these forums. Realistic pain is a pretty good example of this. The mod was made by an amateur developer who probably had no real idea what he was actually doing, which is why it is littered with serious bugs. You should not be using these types of mods without extensive testing to ensure they work properly, otherwise you are just wasting everyone time with memory leaks, lags, crashes, and game breaking bugs. Quality control is the key here.

All that being said, aside from the above, you have done an excellent job with the pack. I am having a lot of fun with it, but having to restart my game every hour is mildly annoying. I think there are still a few balance issues to be addressed, and perhaps some users do have a valid point with the whole sugar cane thing. It feels more like a troll quest more than anything as you have no way of knowing what to expect without having advanced knowledge with the modpack itself. I'm sure 95% of people who have played the pack at least once would choose sugar cane over the other two options every single time they decided to play it again. Anyways, don't take what I said the wrong way, honestly just trying to give you some constructive criticism.
In the BETA i am working on i have disabled presurized water, added a ore dictionary converter ( Put the ingots in that gui and you can convert ingots to all different mods)....

When i link the modders here I am just showing them the suggestions players have made :3( I do this when i think that the suggestion can be benefit the whole community who are using his/her mod)

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not meaning offense by this, but I'm starting to wonder how much playtesting the mod pack author is doing with these updates. I loved the pack when I started it, but these recent versions are starting to feel like a bunch of stuff is being added without the author realizing how hard it is making the game. Some mods just shouldn't be put together, like special mobs, ender zoo AND special AI. You've basically created super creepers that are impossible to kill, and run around griefing everything. Not even close to fun. It's not just the spawn rates, it's the fact that special AI makes your base so vulnerable that you have no place to stay protected. In a mod pack that is about longevity, you're going down the wrong road. I can try and take some screenshots of the spawn rate, but it's not just that.

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
BTW, I like the new pipe and gear recipes. They make things fresh and interesting... although I can't comment on whether the new striped pipes are too expensive (48 iron and 16 diamonds for 4 pipes) since I already had some from before the update.

When the stone gear recipe works it actually is interesting, for some reason i'm pretty hit and miss on that one, sometimes it works, sometimes i trash the stone and cheat in the gear.

As to expensive, you spend a day mining a meteor with a fortune 3 hammer and you can get that. When Karma first showed that recipe, i thought it was for one pipe, and frankly i was willing to pay it. For this pack it's a pretty powerful item.

Sure you can manually cobble gen, just use a speedy pick, magnetization, and a cobble gen that is three cobble deep and get quite a lot of cobble, but it feels good to automate something. It's also good for snow and few other creative things. And hey, Buildcraft, whoda thunk?

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not meaning offense by this, but I'm starting to wonder how much playtesting the mod pack author is doing with these updates. I loved the pack when I started it, but these recent versions are starting to feel like a bunch of stuff is being added without the author realizing how hard it is making the game. Some mods just shouldn't be put together, like special mobs, ender zoo AND special AI. You've basically created super creepers that are impossible to kill, and run around griefing everything. Not even close to fun. It's not just the spawn rates, it's the fact that special AI makes your base so vulnerable that you have no place to stay protected. In a mod pack that is about longevity, you're going down the wrong road. I can try and take some screenshots of the spawn rate, but it's not just that.
I am still testing it out thats why its callled a BETA... i have not updated the pack.... BETA tests are meant to test stuff.....

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019

Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES, THIS.

Karmacharger, this is the issue. (I've said it myself, but I'm reiterating because it keeps getting glazed over... huh, deja vu, wonder why?)

I could care less if I got 8 million dirt from hammering a triple compressed dirt with a fortune three hammer. That's wonderful. It's also not where the darned issue lies. The issue is that it takes a ridiculously long time to get that much dirt, not to mention the fortune three hammer to bust it with. And keep in mind, players--according to your own words--MAY get the full value of dirt back. Not "will." Not "most certainly." Not "no matter what." MAY. MIGHT. MAYBE. POSSIBLY. NOT CERTAINLY. Is it clear yet? Not only does someone have to grind seven hundred some-odd dirt to maybe get sugarcane seeds (I'll reiterate, a basic material that shouldn't be that hard to get), but if they're really lucky, they'll have to stop, grind MORE EFFING DIRT, and try again. This is the issue! Is it clear enough yet? Will someone have to point it out again if/when this gets glazed over? I mean, come on now, that you keep ignoring points people are making is getting really annoying, and it reflects really poorly on your the modpack in question. "That's a lot of dirt to have to make to get a basic material." "Don't worry, a fortune three hammer has a chance of returning it to you." "But that's not the issue, the issue is the entry cost." "I like fortune three hammers."

And yeah, I'm pretty upset at how this is being handled. And I don't care that I'm coming off as rude; politeness hasn't gotten it through to you that "fortune three hammer" isn't a solution to the entry cost of dirt, so maybe being frank and frustrated will?

Reactions: immibis

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES, THIS.

Karmacharger, this is the issue. (I've said it myself, but I'm reiterating because it keeps getting glazed over... huh, deja vu, wonder why?)

I could care less if I got 8 million dirt from hammering a triple compressed dirt with a fortune three hammer. That's wonderful. It's also not where the darned issue lies. The issue is that it takes a ridiculously long time to get that much dirt, not to mention the fortune three hammer to bust it with. And keep in mind, players--according to your own words--MAY get the full value of dirt back. Not "will." Not "most certainly." Not "no matter what." MAY. MIGHT. MAYBE. POSSIBLY. NOT CERTAINLY. Is it clear yet? Not only does someone have to grind seven hundred some-odd dirt to maybe get sugarcane seeds (I'll reiterate, a basic material that shouldn't be that hard to get), but if they're really lucky, they'll have to stop, grind MORE EFFING DIRT, and try again. This is the issue! Is it clear enough yet? Will someone have to point it out again if/when this gets glazed over? I mean, come on now, that you keep ignoring points people are making is getting really annoying, and it reflects really poorly on your the modpack in question. "That's a lot of dirt to have to make to get a basic material." "Don't worry, a fortune three hammer has a chance of returning it to you." "But that's not the issue, the issue is the entry cost." "I like fortune three hammers."

And yeah, I'm pretty upset at how this is being handled. And I don't care that I'm coming off as rude; politeness hasn't gotten it through to you that "fortune three hammer" isn't a solution to the entry cost of dirt, so maybe being frank and frustrated will?
Simple, ill make sugar canes the only reward you can get from that quest :D

LuisAdeur

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't like the pack don't play simple as that . karma here has updated the pack about 5 times in 2 days because people have something to complain every update. just let him add whatever he wants that's why he's the author of the pack not anyone else here. if you would like to play with stuff you like go do a private mod pack and change the configs the way you want to. I honestly enjoy the modpack and i have no complain or bugs on it. i like trying new stuff why not. i never played with flax beard before , now i have it on my own private pack same goes for mariculture. Stop the hate and play the damn pack!

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
I am still testing it out thats why its callled a BETA... i have not updated the pack.... BETA tests are meant to test stuff.....
I understand, and I perhaps raged a bit much. :p Take what I said as feedback on the beta and my experiences. To show what I mean:
xZ35MR1.png
That was what spawned about 5 seconds after dark, and it never stops. All those dots on the map are mobs. With special AI, the creepers will destroy your base in attempts to get to you, so if you have mobgriefing on (which I turned off for this very reason) then a new player will have his base wiped out on the first night.

Edit: Also for some reason I'm having those ghost weapons spawning inside my completely lit base.