[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Good afternoon, etc.

2 stacks of grass seeds?!? Wow man, bet when I mention the Watering Can you'll be face-palming a little bit there...

Anywho, mostly just popped on to say I absolutely love this modpack, I've essentially beaten it (built the stuff, just haven't followed the book progression), and I have to say, Jadedcat may have some reputation about building brutal modpacks, but even Agrarian Skies has nothing on this. Keep up the good work ^^ .

oh do explain how the watering can would have helped me out there? Does that grow grass?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
SFM - smeltery. Stuck sort of at the beginning. Wondering if anyone knows the answer.

I am able via SFM to move liquid from a tank to a casting table or basin and specify 144mb of liquid exactly and check whether there is that much in tank, etc... which is great. I can automate stuff with precision and not have in-between casting tables, etc... thus, I can have a row of casting tables all working on same job and the next liquid will have no leftovers from previous, etc. awesome.

I just can't figure out how to get liquid out of smeltery solely using SFM. I've connected inventory cables on drains, tried all the sides but nothing comes out. I am not trying to choose a liquid, just whatever's sitting there waiting to go. At this point, I think it might make sense to just port out all the liquid to a row of tanks and have a second manager attack those on it's own. Unless someone knows how to extract/put liquid in/from the smeltery using just SFM?

TIA

p.s. it's been hours now and multiple hoe-ings and still no lettuce seeds :( RNG hates me.
NINJA EDIT: HA! take that RNG, right after posted, went and hoe'd one more time and got not only lettuce seed but also wheat seed (vanilla). I thought you took vanilla stuff out of game? Nyah nyah! pbbbt

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
SFM - smeltery. Stuck sort of at the beginning. Wondering if anyone knows the answer.

I am able via SFM to move liquid from a tank to a casting table or basin and specify 144mb of liquid exactly and check whether there is that much in tank, etc... which is great. I can automate stuff with precision and not have in-between casting tables, etc... thus, I can have a row of casting tables all working on same job and the next liquid will have no leftovers from previous, etc. awesome.

I just can't figure out how to get liquid out of smeltery solely using SFM. I've connected inventory cables on drains, tried all the sides but nothing comes out. I am not trying to choose a liquid, just whatever's sitting there waiting to go. At this point, I think it might make sense to just port out all the liquid to a row of tanks and have a second manager attack those on it's own. Unless someone knows how to extract/put liquid in/from the smeltery using just SFM?

TIA

p.s. it's been hours now and multiple hoe-ings and still no lettuce seeds :( RNG hates me.
NINJA EDIT: HA! take that RNG, right after posted, went and hoe'd one more time and got not only lettuce seed but also wheat seed (vanilla). I thought you took vanilla stuff out of game? Nyah nyah! pbbbt
Mostly taken out. Wheat seeds still exist, and honestly I don't have a problem with that. They are the least broken of the vanilla crops when you are trying to make hunger a thing.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I can set WalledCities to a minimum distance apart. At that point, I don't mind if there is more than 1 or 2 cities per world...if the player explores enough to make that relevant. Yeah, the cities would be closer together than real life would suggest, but occasionally you have to go for the fun instead of being realistic.

I can set WalledCities to no more than 1 per, say, 1000 meters. I can then set CARuins low, like .01% and those will generate no more than 1 per 600 to 800 meters, though you might get clumps of 2 or 3 now and again. Then come back through and use Ruins to do set dressing. Rocky outcroppings, dunes, maybe a few lone buildings. That is my plan, and that is what I need help with.

ok let me see what i can do

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
have u try sieving dirt for seeds? I thought the best food source was still fruit trees?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
ok let me see what i can do
Thanks. Don't get me wrong, I do really, really appreciate the work you are doing.

BTW, what did you do to get WalledCities to NOT CTD every time they generate? something is all funked up in the templates, but I have no idea what.

Edit: My apologies that this update is taking so long. When it is done, however, you will have a ll sorts of neat stuff to explore. No new quests, though I will be bug fixing a few.

We are probably 3 or 4 updates away from being full release ready, having the mod pack done. Middle of August, with luck.

Emitt54321

Jul 29, 2019
oh do explain how the watering can would have helped me out there? Does that grow grass?

It vastly increases the speed that grass and mycelium spreads, could've saved the several stacks of dirt I assumed you sifted for the grass seeds for any other number of things. I apologize if I sounded like a d*** there, I assure you it was purely in jest.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Mostly taken out. Wheat seeds still exist, and honestly I don't have a problem with that. They are the least broken of the vanilla crops when you are trying to make hunger a thing.

tell me about it. I would normally mass spawn wheat at beginning to toast and use that as food. Now? I have 4 9x9 farms (each with 4 4x4 crops plus 1 3x4 crop and 4xsugar cane) with so many varieties of things I'm ashamed to admit it. I made fun of my nephew the other day for wanting this game called farm simulator 2014 and talking about the mods for it, etc... Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Anyways, yeah. Not planting that wheat. I have rice/oats for flour (3 plots total), a SFM food producer (WIP), and setting up an advanced inv mgr to grab all the produce as I come back and auto-supply me with a made to order shear if I need it. I can't believe SFM has been around so long that I never knew about it.

Once you take potatoes out from mobs, I don't know how I'll get my hearty breakfast.[DOUBLEPOST=1406310318][/DOUBLEPOST]
It vastly increases the speed that grass and mycelium spreads, could've saved the several stacks of dirt I assumed you sifted for the grass seeds for any other number of things. I apologize if I sounded like a d*** there, I assure you it was purely in jest.
no no. I was truly intrigued. I did not know it did that. I've actually not had to use it this play through. I think my early on making of glowstone bricks or glass and encompassing all my grow spots (trees, farms) ensures they get light and as I get things going, my trees are usually grown out by the time I finish farming and vice versa (never ending). Damn, where were you 5 hours ago tho. :}

I used the AA given in quest reward for setting up sieving an endless supply of dust w/o going to gravel or anything while I worked and have chests and chests of the stuff. I now have enough dirt production that I can start throwing that in there and get some more grass seeds for PC.

Thanks for the tip.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
have u try sieving dirt for seeds? I thought the best food source was still fruit trees?

If you want to run around and pick trees, yeah. I have some trees but I usually forget to pick them. Once I have electricity handled and can run them, I'll setup fruit pickers and recreate the orchard. I wish pam didn't remove the dropping of fruit thing. that would be so much easier and setting up vacuum hoppers. I have been sticking with grapes since I got them early on. I wish precision shears would allow you to pick the drum off of the tree and replant it on another tree. (tried). I know in creative or NEI you can get the drums and do precisely that. I'll have to try terrain smasher or something. I want a bannana cherry apple orange tree.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. Don't get me wrong, I do really, really appreciate the work you are doing.

BTW, what did you do to get WalledCities to NOT CTD every time they generate? something is all funked up in the templates, but I have no idea what.

Edit: My apologies that this update is taking so long. When it is done, however, you will have a ll sorts of neat stuff to explore. No new quests, though I will be bug fixing a few.

We are probably 3 or 4 updates away from being full release ready, having the mod pack done. Middle of August, with luck.

Still going through the code not sure yet but i believe the size of the city is one of the problem i tested the city with the ruins mod last night and it keep crashing, and now that im going through the walled city code im finding some code problems as well . So what im planning is to go through the codes fix the templates recode them to the limestone and then reajust the max size of the city. Should have something in a cpl hrs

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
What mod adds the damage value for items in the tooltip underneath the mod name? As seen in this picture, the "0/100". I thought it was just the F3+H thing, but that is different.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 56

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Wanna know one mod I miss? No? Well to bad I miss utility mobs... I guess I could just add it.....

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Still going through the code not sure yet but i believe the size of the city is one of the problem i tested the city with the ruins mod last night and it keep crashing, and now that im going through the walled city code im finding some code problems as well . So what im planning is to go through the codes fix the templates recode them to the limestone and then reajust the max size of the city. Should have something in a cpl hrs
You rock, good sir. The one thing I'm not good at is building good looking structures. If you can get this working, you will contribute much in getting Crash Landing finished. Thank you, very much.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I wrote 2 lines of minetweaker code to be able to combine 4 water bottles into a single non-stackable non-craftable (otherwise) vanilla potion that has no effects. That I can then use to refill my camel pack from 0 durability back up to 100. And it works with any damage value as well, so I don't have to wait until the camel pack is completely empty.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I wrote 2 lines of minetweaker code to be able to combine 4 water bottles into a single non-stackable non-craftable (otherwise) vanilla potion that has no effects. That I can then use to refill my camel pack from 0 durability back up to 100. And it works with any damage value as well, so I don't have to wait until the camel pack is completely empty.
Hey now. That is an awesome thing. I could never get that to work correctly. Mind posting that code and I will include that in the next update?