RedPower news, and thaumcraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
Been waiting forever for this to be released to start my server back up... should just code something to do the world gen so we don't have to re-roll or wait. Eloraam takes forever. While I really appreciate redpower mod, it is my favorite, not sure I could leave my mod fans hanging like this. Been nearly 3 months since 1.4 was released now?
See the past 4 posts about why world hasn't been released yet. It's not just a case of "code something to do the wordgen" since that's already done...and it needs core, which doesn't work.

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
I think what they meant, was just a proxy mod, which has very few dependencies, that would just handle world gen.... which is a load of work to ask for :p

mynd

Jul 29, 2019
I think what they meant, was just a proxy mod, which has very few dependencies, that would just handle world gen.... which is a load of work to ask for :p

This ^

Perhaps it should become a best practice standard for modders that affect world gen. Just a thought. Hopefully things will be infinitely easier whenever Jeb gets us minecraft API.

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
Since when did something that minecraft added HELP modders, i mean... the api seems like a far away impossibility at this point, considering the ENTIRE rendering code is being rewritten Before the API.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Since when did something that minecraft added HELP modders, i mean... the api seems like a far away impossibility at this point, considering the ENTIRE rendering code is being rewritten Before the API.
As far as I can tell, there is a reasonable amount of collaboration between the Forge/Mod devs and the MC team on the api. Or news at least. I think they're getting rumours. Or maybe they're working blind.

Antivyris

Jul 29, 2019
Well, as Grumm is an MC employee working specifically on the API and is on the forgecraft server, I think the rumors have a fair chance of being true. While it may not mean working directly, it does mean he gets a to tap the most active out there.

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019
So I wasn't the only one startled to hear the notification I set to Eloraam's twitter to go off :). Glad the donations that came in helped her, and hopefully it will show what some generosity from the community can do to help mods along (aka - putting one's money where their mouth is).

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
Well, based on that Tweet I guess Slowpoke's "news" is way off the mark. Either that or Elo has a vague way of saying she's almost done.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Well, based on that Tweet I guess Slowpoke's "news" is way off the mark. Either that or Elo has a vague way of saying she's almost done.
I have given up on believing anything slow says about the future.

OP updated.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
A few days to finish it up... gee, wonder if it'll come out after the 21st like slow said.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I'd be amused if part of the reason Elo might be doing this is because of slowpoke's troll.
What if slow's post wasn't (fully) a troll, but this is? What if it's already done but they're holding off to get some donation money from desperate people?

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
I suspect the remaining bug is the marble generation bug in some flavor or another. The number of times that marble has behaved oddly in worldgen is just outlandish, so it makes for a favorite villain to blame.

Now, that rum cake, it looks rather amazing.

Any other partyfood, we seem to have covered booze well enough.
There exists these things called monster cookies......and well you just can't eat one.

Heema

Jul 29, 2019
At least the error message changed in eloraam site ;)

This website is under construction.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
So I wasn't the only one startled to hear the notification I set to Eloraam's twitter to go off :). Glad the donations that came in helped her, and hopefully it will show what some generosity from the community can do to help mods along (aka - putting one's money where their mouth is).
I am of two minds about this comment.

On the one hand, donating instead of bellyaching is always a more productive way to wile away the time until your favourite mod gets out. And it might well help get that mod out faster.

However, there is a slippery slope that can lead to 'I paid you, now gimme gimme gimme!' sense of entitlement out of donations that just shouldn't exist. There is a HUGE difference between a donation and a payment. The former is done out of charity and goodwill, and does not carry with it, implied or explicit, any sense of obligation on the receiver. The latter is a form of contract in which services are rendered for payment due. Donations *MIGHT* help the mod get developed faster. It does not, however, entitle the donators to a delivery date. Donated does not equate to Paid.

I'm sure you intended it in the former connotation, however since certain people have decided to abandon all manners by calling updates 'troll posts' and accusing the mod author of delaying the release in the hopes for more donations, I thought I'd at least try to nip this one in the bud before someone else decides to be... ill mannered.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
however since certain people have decided to abandon all manners by calling updates 'troll posts'
I agree with what you're saying overall, but I hope this statement is referring to people's comments about Eloraam's recent update, not about Slowpoke's. The jokes saturating his post aren't hard to miss.