What's your 1.6 modlist?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
with some of the mods still being updated to 1.6, and with 1.7 on the horizon and with FTB not having released any 1.6 modpacks yet, I'm sure some of you have started putting together your own 1.6 modlist of mods and maybe you're playing it right now. so I was wondering what mods other people have in their 1.6 modlists.

now do note, I am saying "modlists" not "modpacks", so I mean to say you can post a list of mods you're using in 1.6, not that you've to upload your "modpack" and post it here. if you want you can post your reasons why you've a mod installed or not, that's up to you. ofcourse I'll be the first one to post a list

Minecraft Forge - to get everything working ofcourse
ArmorStatusHUD - helps you by mentioning how much durability your armor/tools have left, and how much of an item you still have in your inventory
Ars Magica 2 - main magic mod
Barrels - needed for large quantity storing of certain items like cobblestone
Better Anvils - to remove the repairing cap on the anvil
Bibliocraft - decorative mod
Carpenter's Blocks - decorative mod
Chisel - decorative mod
CraftableHorseArmor - having no early game transport method that's fast, I'm using horses, but it's stupid you can't craft a saddle, thus this mod to solve that problem
Damage Indicators - useful for fighting mobs and wanting to know how much health they have left
Extra Utilities - useful mod, mostly installed because of the builders wand to speed up the building process
Forge Multipart - decorative mod
Gravestone - I hate to die, but I hate even more when I lose my stuff, this mod helps me to solve that last problem
Infernal Mobs - to add some excitement to the modlist
Inventory Tweaks - can't leave home without my Inventory Tweaks
Iron Chests - used for more compact storage, don't feel like having to sprint through 20 rooms to collect materials
JourneyMap - a nice mod that adds a live map to your game, or you can even see it in a browser. better mod then mapwriter as it doesn't add an annoying minimap that I don't need because I already have Voxelmap.
Not Enough Items - and don't forget NEI when leaving your home
Optifine - I like to be able to customize certain minecraft options, optifine gives me that option
Smart Moving - to compensate for the lost of Morph I am using this mod for getting to hard too reach places
Thaumcraft 4 - main magic mod
Thaumic Tinkerer - submod for Thaumcraft ps. you can pick up spawners with this mod :eek:
Twilight Forest - another magic mod for some fun exploration
Voxelmap - can't... live... without... waypoints!
WAILA - very useful mod when you've new mods installed. it helps you by telling what mod certain items/blocks are from.

as you can see, it's mostly a list centered around "magic" with Thaumcraft 4 and Ars Magica 2 being the 2 main mods along with some other magic related mods, some decorative mods and some handy mods on the side. I had Morph also installed, but removed it afterwards as you only need to kill 1 bat and you won't need any armor or tools anymore for the rest of the game. I also had mob amputation/dismemberment installed, but it kind of often bugged out when used alongside with Damage Indicators. I also had Biome's o Plenty installed, but it's a bit too much of a content for this modlist. Dungeonpack was also installed, because I like to have extra dungeons in the game, but I don't really like the kind of dungeons it has. Millenaire was also installed, but everytime I install it I end up removing it a day later because I don't really see a point in using it.

EDIT: updated the list with some changes

Reactions: Idealith

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I have Inventory Tweaks, NEI, NEI Plugins and NEI Addons in pretty much every world I play. Also usually Rei's Minimap, but currently that is incompatible with Thaumcraft 4. If that doesn't get fixed this week I'll grab a different one.

As for content mods, the last month I have been playing with:
- IC2 Experimental (the main reason for starting the world)
- Nuclear Control
- Buildcraft
- Railcraft
- Forestry
- Iron Chests
- Thaumcraft 4 (since a few days ago)
- Thaumic Tinkerer (dito)

Was meant to be a test world, ended up being a longterm play world. Currently pondering the merits of adding:
- GraviSuite for advanced armors
- Bibliocraft for decoration

Also, if it releases while the world still exists, Thermal Expansion is definitely getting added then. I always love getting a new power system to play with...

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Mine looks like the Resonant Rise modlist :D I started using MapWriter early in the 1.5 devcycle and never looked back. I also manually added InGameInfoXML.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to go with no tech, and a very very light modpack, mainly because a lot of the tech mods are either simply not updated, or are in very early releases.

The Lord of the Rings Mod
Herblore
Blood Magic
Chicken Chunks
Dungeon Pack
Extra Biomes XL
Mapwriter
Minegicka 2
Mobtools
Modular Furnaces
Multimine
Mystcraft
Natura
NEI
Prayers
Tinkers Construct
Thaumcraft 4
Twilight Forest

Reactions: SpitefulFox

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently using the following on my 1.6.4 server:

appeng-rv13-c-mc162.jar
BattleTowers_1.6.4.zip
BiblioCraft[v1.4.1].zip
binnie-mods-1.8-dev2.jar
buildcraft-A-1.6.2-4.1.0.jar
ChickenChunks 1.3.3.3.jar
CodeChickenCore 0.9.0.6.jar
ComputerCraft
ComputerCraft1.56.zip
denLib
denLib-1.6.2-3.1.25.jar
EnchantingPlus-1.16.5.zip
EnderStorage 1.4.3.4.jar
extrautils - 0.3 Prerelease 3a.zip
Factorization-0.8.04beta17.jar
flatsigns-1.6.2-universal-1.4.0.15.jar
forestry-A-2.3.0.3.jar
ic2
IC2NuclearControl-1.6.2c-ic2-experimental.zip
industrialcraft-2_2.0.253-experimental.jar
ironchest-universal-1.6.4-5.4.1.618.zip
magicbees-2.1.6.jar
MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.0RC1-9.jar
miscperipherals-3.4b2.zip
ModularPowersuits-1.6.2-0.8.0-15.jar
mystcraft-uni-1.6.2-0.10.6.00.zip
Natura_1.6.2_2.1.9.jar
neiaddons-1.6.2-1.9.0.r40.jar
NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.5.jar
Numina-1.6.2-0.0.1-16.jar
obsidiplates-1.6.2-universal-2.0.0.15.jar
PluginsforForestry-1.6.2-3.1.19.jar
PowerCrystalsCore-1.1.8-7.jar
ProjectBench-1.6.2-v1.8.0.jar
Railcraft_1.6.2-8.1.0.0.jar
Ruins_1.6.4.zip
StevesCarts2.0.0.a132.zip
TConstruct_1.6.4_1.4.7.jar
Thaumcraft4.0.1.zip
ThaumicTinkerer 2.0-19.jar
Translocator 1.1.0.13.jar
twilightforest-1.20.1.jar
WR-CBE 1.4.0.6.jar

Need to update a few and will try adding a few more.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Mine looks like the Resonant Rise modlist :D I started using MapWriter early in the 1.5 devcycle and never looked back.
Same but I never liked mapwriter. I'm settling for Zans since Rei's minimap isn't working currently with 1.6.4

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to use Zans, but I have a Linux client and while I *could* boot over to Windows to play MC, I'll settle for mapwriter.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft Forge - to get everything working ofcourse
ArmorStatusHUD - helps you by mentioning how much durability your armor/tools have left, and how much of an item you still have in your inventory
Ars Magica 2 - main magic mod
Back Tools - aesthetic mod
Barrels - needed for large quantity storing of certain items like cobblestone
Better Anvils - to remove the repairing cap on the anvil
Bibliocraft - decorative mod
Carpenter's Blocks - decorative mod
Chisel - decorative mod
Damage Indicators - useful for fighting mobs and wanting to know how much health they have left
Extra Utilities - useful mod, mostly installed because of the builders wand to speed up the building process
Forge Multipart - decorative mod
Gravestone - I hate to die, but I hate even more when I lose my stuff, this mod helps me to solve that last problem
Infernal Mobs - to add some excitement to the modlist
Inventory Tweaks - can't leave home without my Inventory Tweaks
Iron Chests - used for more compact storage, don't feel like having to sprint through 20 rooms to collect materials
JourneyMap - a nice mod that adds a live map to your game, or you can even see it in a browser. better mod then mapwriter as it doesn't add an annoying minimap that I don't need because I already have Voxelmap.
Not Enough Items - and don't forget NEI when leaving your home
Optifine - I like to be able to customize certain minecraft options, optifine gives me that option
Thaumcraft 4 - main magic mod
Thaumic Tinkerer - submod for Thaumcraft ps. you can pick up spawners with this mod :eek:
Twilight Forest - another magic mod for some fun exploration
Voxelmap - can't... live... without... waypoints!
WAILA - very useful mod when you've new mods installed. it helps you by telling what mod certain items/blocks are from.

This minus optifine, extra utils, and infernal mobs.

Then add in Tinkers Construct, Natura, Biomes O' Plenty with vanilla biomes enabled, ender-storage, and traincraft.

I wish I could find a good liquid tank/transport replacement that avoids power consuming tech within the mod, like railcraft would be cool but it has engines and boilers and such, would help a little with the ars neutral nexus as well as a few others.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I wish I could find a good liquid tank/transport replacement that avoids power consuming tech within the mod, like railcraft would be cool but it has engines and boilers and such, would help a little with the ars neutral nexus as well as a few others.

By default, all Railcraft modules are enabled, but you can disable what you like. Checkout config/railcraft/modules.cfg:

modules {
B:automation=true
B:chunk.loading=true
B:emblem=true
B:extras=true
B:factory=true
B:forestry=true
B:ic2=true
B:locomotives=true
B:magic=true
B:routing=true
B:seasonal=true
B:signals=true
B:steam=true
B:structures=true
B:tracks=true
B:tracks.highspeed=true
B:tracks.reinforced=true
B:tracks.wood=true
B:train=true
B:transport=true
B:world=true

}

The tanks are part of the Transport module:

http://railcraft.wikispaces.com/Transport+(Module)

The Transport module includes a couple of tank cars, but no power/machine AFAIK.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much the FTB Unleashed pack.

Not included: Thaumcraft, Dartcraft, Thermal Expansion (obviously), Logistic Pipes, Power Converters, some smaller mods
Added: Mekanism, Atomic Science, EnderIO, Project:Red

Lots of fun and also looks really stable, it hasn't crashed in ages.

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
NEI with its addons and plugins are essential, but other than that, I have:

Forge
Dartcraft
Railcraft
Thaumcraft 4
Thaumic Tinkerer
Tinkers Construct
Forestry
Binnie's Mods
Buildcraft
Extra Utilities
Ender IO

And that's it. My computer screams if I add any more. :D

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Forge
Dartcraft
Railcraft
Steve's Carts 2
Tinker's Construct
Forestry
Binnie's Mods
Buildcraft
Extra Utilities
Logistics Pipes
Factorization
Mekanism
Ender IO
Galacticraft
Natura
XACT Crafting
MFFS Calclavia
Project Red
MPS
MPS Addon
ChickenBones' mods
Immibis' Mods (Microblocks, Peripherals...)
ComputerCraft
OpenPheripheral
MiscPheripherals
Atomic Science
Complex Machines
Thaumcraft 4
Ars Magica
Minegicka II
Thaumic Tinkerer
Mystcraft
Dimensional Doors
Hunger Overhaul
Infernal Mobs
Zombie Awareness

Yep, that's my modlist.
EDIT:
Fuck, I forgot Blood Magic!

Sub

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magicka 2 -Secondary mod
Backpack Mod
Bibliocraft
Blood Magic
Carpenters Blocks
Ender Storage
Extra Utilities
Gravestone Mod
Inventory Tweaks
Morph -Is a little overpowered on my opinion
Natura
NEI
Railcraft
Smart Moving
Somnia
Thaumcraft 4 -Primary mod
Tinker's Construct
Translocators
Unlit Torches -Heavy game changer
Witchery -Haven't played with it yet

As you can see its is a magic based, low tech, Rpg induced pack. The mods fit in perfectly and they all work together pretty well!

Reactions: SpitefulFox

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
If someone had one that included most of the core mods from FTB, like MFR, Thaumcraft, Tinkers, Factorization, Gtech and got it working I would love them.

I've seen some public 1.6 packs but everyone forgets powerconverters and MFR.

Also I think EnderIO may be the best replacement we have for Thermal Expansion.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I currently don't play a 1.6 pack, but once I'm done with my exams I will either play an existing 1.6 pack (depends on what is their) or, most likely, create a custom pack, somewhat close to the pack Sub has. I wanted to do this before the 1.5 ftb packs even came out, but never got around doing so xD

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
There's forks that are updated. Beauty of open source.
Well, I'm trying to play without it. But it's hard, man.
Anyway, I'll probably wait until NetherOres and Flat Bedrock are updated. Flat Bedrock is more useful than it seems, I tell you.

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm trying to play without it. But it's hard, man.
Anyway, I'll probably wait until NetherOres and Flat Bedrock are updated. Flat Bedrock is more useful than it seems, I tell you.

Nether Ores is updated. Sadly Flat Bedrock isn't.