Launcher v2 Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heddendl

Jul 29, 2019
All you have seen is an image/animation and people are already speculating about lack of features... There is no lack of new features I am currently working on the new server pack API as well as the new modpack downloading and building. I don't think anyone will be disappointed by features. We also have the option to return to list view if you want to but personally I think this view is far more user friendly.

Nice to hear about API work, was wondering when ftb starts their API ... is there any way to get more information about the API? Like some way to follow the development or even help with?

ExE Boss

Jul 29, 2019
Can Dire get a bowtie? If yes, then make it red because Dire's signature has a red one.
Does anyone else think it's weird that Steve's mouth on the direwolf20 pic is being used as facial hair?
Actually Steve used to have a facial hair back in alpha(?) covering half of his mouth, Mojang then removed it for some reason

Machu1299

Jul 29, 2019
I was gonna say, the hexagonal honeycomb pattern was a popular science fiction trope well before Xycraft came into existence.

Edit: I should also mention that we've taken a good hard look at the suggestions and comments you all have made in response this iteration of the launcher. Rest assured, we (and by "we", I mean jjw123, captainnana, and the rest of the launcher and web dev crew. They're the guys that're actually doing the hard work) are certainly taking every post into consideration and the final product will be adjusted accordingly.

I know that the hexagon shapes and such have been used for a long time, but XyCraft is the only mod that I know of that uses hexagons and such.

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
I know that the hexagon shapes and such have been used for a long time, but XyCraft is the only mod that I know of that uses hexagons and such.

It also has a weird gear shape I think.

Magic World 2's logo looks like the magic biome in biomes o plenty, which is a really fun mod.

Machu1299

Jul 29, 2019
It also has a weird gear shape I think.

Magic World 2's logo looks like the magic biome in biomes o plenty, which is a really fun mod.

Well, BOP is a lot better suited to be in Magic World 2 since it is much more of a magic mod compared to EBXL.

hutoczky

Jul 29, 2019
Why can not available v.1.5.2 Minecraft version issued FTB than when they collaborate Mojang?
when Version 1.7 will come out of the outdated 1.5.0 Develop or what?
rheumatic or snail taken up Tempe?

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Why can not Minecraft 1.5.2 Minecraft version issued FTB than when they work with Mojang? Version 1.7 will come out of the outdated 1.5.0 Develop or what?

I'm sorry, but that post is illegible. I assume you used a program to translate from your native language, please try rephrasing your question in another manner and try to translate again, it helps when you use less words.

hutoczky

Jul 29, 2019
Why can not available v.1.5.2 Minecraft version issued FTB than when they collaborate Mojang?

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019

Let me try and guess your meaning. Are you asking if FTB would be able to update their modpacks if they worked with Mojang?

Try using this.http://translate.reference.com/

SizzleBacon

Jul 29, 2019

Feed The Beast does not work with Mojang, and so their code very often conflicts. They made a lot of changes in 1.5 so mod creators are not updating because 1.6 is already coming.

1.6 will be a complete re-write of the code.

Machu1299

Jul 29, 2019
I think it would be cool if the FTB Launcher was my one stop for Minecraft. Make it so I can create instances, choose minecraft versions, and have a system of some sort like integrating MCF and stuff to download every mod to an instance. No having to get onto your internet browser to download mods for your own custom pack. Also, have a config tab like the texture packs tab on the launcher. Here you can download config packs from the community to use for a custom pack. That would be really cool.

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
I think it would be cool if the FTB Launcher was my one stop for Minecraft. Make it so I can create instances, choose minecraft versions, and have a system of some sort like integrating MCF and stuff to download every mod to an instance. No having to get onto your internet browser to download mods for your own custom pack. Also, have a config tab like the texture packs tab on the launcher. Here you can download config packs from the community to use for a custom pack. That would be really cool.

That would be really cool - too bad they'll never do it because they don't like people releasing private packs because it violates some mod authors' self-proclaimed TOS.

I've never seen the kind of proprietary attitudes about modding on GM sites or DOOM mods that I have seen with Minecraft modding. Not only does it hurt the community by ultimatel making modpacks more effort for the user than they should be, but it's also pretentious to make up and sometimes pay for copyright licenses when your work is automatically protected from theft under the same rules that protect fanart or other fan works, making it unnecessary. But I guess they also care more about the 2 pennies of adf.ly revenue from people downloading their mods from their links than the spread of their work in general.

Not saying they didn't contribute something wonderful, I love the work some mod authors do, but the fact some of them are so offended by modpacks that came into existence with the pure intent of making their mod compatible with a bunch of other ones baffles me, unless they just don't want their mods to work with other mods at all, which there are apparently some modders like that. (The BTW girl if I remember correctly? Didn't she remove Forge compatibility for this reason?) Granted, sometimes it's understandable like with Terra Firma Craft which edits so many things compatibility would be impossible and probably not enjoyable, but the whole disclaimer thing reeks of pretentiousness and overall distrust of the community, like they expect their work to be stolen. (It would probably be stolen as often as other fan works are stolen and they would be able to take the exact same action against it.)

/long biblical rant

Edit: And I'd really appreciate not getting responses like "Oh you don't appreciate the effort they put into it!" or "You don't care if their work is stolen!" because neither one are true. I'm an artist, my avatar is from an image that I painted, and I've had work stolen from me before, I know exactly how much it sucks and how much of an uphill battle it is to fight that kind of theft, and believe me, I will combat theft of another person's hard work any day, but I also don't mind people including my work in group collections which is what a modpack basically is - the mod name is in-tact as well as the creator's name if it's in the mod's data and as long as the pack doesn't claim it created it I fail to see the issue.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
That would be really cool - too bad they'll never do it because they don't like people releasing private packs because it violates some mod authors' self-proclaimed TOS.

I've never seen the kind of proprietary attitudes about modding on GM sites or DOOM mods that I have seen with Minecraft modding. Not only does it hurt the community by ultimatel making modpacks more effort for the user than they should be, but it's also pretentious to make up and sometimes pay for copyright licenses when your work is automatically protected from theft under the same rules that protect fanart or other fan works, making it unnecessary. But I guess they also care more about the 2 pennies of adf.ly revenue from people downloading their mods from their links than the spread of their work in general.

Not saying they didn't contribute something wonderful, I love the work some mod authors do, but the fact some of them are so offended by modpacks that came into existence with the pure intent of making their mod compatible with a bunch of other ones baffles me, unless they just don't want their mods to work with other mods at all, which there are apparently some modders like that. (The BTW girl if I remember correctly? Didn't she remove Forge compatibility for this reason?) Granted, sometimes it's understandable like with Terra Firma Craft which edits so many things compatibility would be impossible and probably not enjoyable, but the whole disclaimer thing reeks of pretentiousness and overall distrust of the community, like they expect their work to be stolen. (It would probably be stolen as often as other fan works are stolen and they would be able to take the exact same action against it.)

/long biblical rant

Your obviously not a programmer. Code is not automatically protected by any type of law. In fact, from as long as I've been coding, any code or program released without an explicit license was always considered public domain. this is why so many different licenses exist now.

Status
Not open for further replies.