Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

killrbladez

Jul 29, 2019
He said in his stream last night/early morning (depending on timezones) that he was gonna put a video on his youtube up if the modpack went out by then.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I was planing on using the rock breakers for something like that. One based on this video. Minecraft Over Engineering
Then I discovered one igneous extruder probably put out just as much cobble if not more. :/

Thats a very good idea actually, i didnt think about it like that, and its probably less lag than a redpower block breaker too... i find that once ive got a few timers setup on a world in the same few chunks that my client tends to lag up a little with every timer cycle, its weird because my pc is actually pretty fast - the sad part is the block breaker / pneumatic tube combo is great for feeding things like a mass fab & gregtech's sawmill, considering the fact that i dont know jack about BC gates.

ShadowViper

Jul 29, 2019
So is the update going to be released today. I really hope so since it is the end of the week. If not I hope that slowpoke will give an update on the status of the update.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Thats a very good idea actually, i didnt think about it like that, and its probably less lag than a redpower block breaker too... i find that once ive got a few timers setup on a world in the same few chunks that my client tends to lag up a little with every timer cycle, its weird because my pc is actually pretty fast - the sad part is the block breaker / pneumatic tube combo is great for feeding things like a mass fab & gregtech's sawmill, considering the fact that i dont know jack about BC gates.

You can pump the output from an extruder into a RP2 relay that'll then pump into RP pipes.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
So is the update going to be released today. I really hope so since it is the end of the week. If not I hope that slowpoke will give an update on the status of the update.
Ditto, I've been holding off creating a new Ultimate world until 1.1 gets to recommended, as I assume there will be some worldgen changes between 1.1 testing and recommended.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Ditto, I've been holding off creating a new Ultimate world until 1.1 gets to recommended, as I assume there will be some worldgen changes between 1.1 testing and recommended.

Shouldn't be. I've bin keeping track of most of the mods and I'm not aware of any word gen changes between the version of the mods we have now and the latest 1.4 versions.

YasukiHumai

Jul 29, 2019
Shouldn't be. I've bin keeping track of most of the mods and I'm not aware of any word gen changes between the version of the mods we have now and the latest 1.4 versions.

What about Marble, and Volcanoes (with Basalt) from RP2? Wouldn't deposits of those in your world gen cause issues with changing to 1.1?

twoopi

Jul 29, 2019
What about Marble, and Volcanoes (with Basalt) from RP2? Wouldn't deposits of those in your world gen cause issues with changing to 1.1?
I really wish people would start to understand that Ultimate isn't going 1.5, therefor it isn't losing RP2. World gen will be exactly the same from what I've read.

YasukiHumai

Jul 29, 2019
I really wish people would start to understand that Ultimate isn't going 1.5, therefor it isn't losing RP2. World gen will be exactly the same from what I've read.
Final testing for the 1.5 pack will take place Monday, however this shouldnt need to take more than a couple of days and we currently expect it to be available on the launcher sometime next week. The initial pack is expected to release on 1.5.1 initially and be updated to 1.5.2 as and when mod updates permit. This will remain something of a preview pack for the duration of 1.5 with the aim of moving it to recommended sometime during the 1.6 Minecraft cycle although it is to early to say on that.

it says 1.5. . .

twoopi

Jul 29, 2019
The 1.5.1 pack is seperate to the updates to Ultimate/Direwolf/Mindcrack. It's a completely seperate pack.
Having said that, the final versions of 1.4.7 Ultimate, Direwolf20 and Mindcrack packs are in final testing right now.
The 1.5.1 pack isn't Ultimate 1.1

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Yasuki - it isn't very clear I agree, but that whole entry you are quoting from is talking about two different sets of releases - a 1.4.7 final, and a 1.5 'preview' pack. The 1.5 will never be released to recommended (and might stay as a set of private packs iirc). Hopefully I've interpreted the news release correctly, and someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

1.1 will still have RP2 the 1.5 pack, meant to simply tide impatient players over, might not. But that won't be really classed as the ultimate pack. It'll be a whole new pack. Something like FTB impatient pack.
Hay that's a great name for it. The brand new "FTB Impatient Pack".

Status
Not open for further replies.