Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Alright so... My tinkers pickaxe is Diamond level on mining, yet I cannot mine obsidian?

Why is this?

It's Diamond level, meaning the hardest material it can mine is Diamond, but it isn't made of Diamond. If you make a pick out of Diamond, it will start with a level of Obsidian, meaning it can mine everything up to and including Obsidian.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
It's Diamond level, meaning the hardest material it can mine is Diamond, but it isn't made of Diamond. If you make a pick out of Diamond, it will start with a level of Obsidian, meaning it can mine everything up to and including Obsidian.

This.

Also, don't waste a diamond to upgrade it to be able to mine obsidian, make a block of obsidian in your smeltery and use that to make an obsidian sharpening kit. I don't know if it's a config option that's changed, but you can now right click on any smeltery drain with a bucket of lava/water to insert it into your smeltery, instead of having to "pump" it in.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
better questing mod question

when I'm putting in a quest I want to manually check it off... how do I do that without having it submit an item? Or do I have to make it accept a piece of cobble or something every time?

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Bit of an odd question;

some friends and I have put together a very small custom modpack, which includes Actually Additions, and runs on Forge 12.18.3.2185 (the latest 1.10.2 build), and I've noticed something strange while playing SSP: the bucket texture appears to be the vanilla one when it is empty, or has water, lava or milk in, but becomes the Forge Universal Bucket texture when I pick up something like canola oil or crystallised canola oil. Any ideas what's going on there?

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
I thought I'd seen a cover or similar addon for the Gendustry Aviary, which enables a redstone signal when the aviary has an error condition, like no queen or drone. Anyone know what this might be?

I'd like to use this signal to power a ProjectRed lamp, allowing me to spot issues without having to mouse over every aviary.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Bit of an odd question;

some friends and I have put together a very small custom modpack, which includes Actually Additions, and runs on Forge 12.18.3.2185 (the latest 1.10.2 build), and I've noticed something strange while playing SSP: the bucket texture appears to be the vanilla one when it is empty, or has water, lava or milk in, but becomes the Forge Universal Bucket texture when I pick up something like canola oil or crystallised canola oil. Any ideas what's going on there?

I would assume because an empty bucket, milk, lava, and water are Vanilla, it defaults to Vanilla textures. Canola is a mod offered fluid, which therefore requires the Forge Universal handling and texture.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
What happened to the mod that allowed you to double left-click any block in chest/inventory to make them ALL of same type move to the other open inventory?

Or when you Shift+CTRL+left clicked they all would also move to the other inventory

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
What happened to the mod that allowed you to double left-click any block in chest/inventory to make them ALL of same type move to the other open inventory?

Or when you Shift+CTRL+left clicked they all would also move to the other inventory

Also Shift+Q while hovering over an item to toss any/all of said item on the ground?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to add "upgrade keys" to the Draconic Evolution staff in 1.10.2 (Direwolf20 pack).I've never used the mod, I have watched a spotlight but that's 1.7.10 so must be different now as the upgrade modifier they show is not available to me according to JEI.

Specifically I have a draconic staff of power and an upgrade key (attack damage) and assuming I can't go for the highest level I have the "Basic" items 2 diamonds, a draconic core, 2 eye of ender and 2 golden apples (but I'm not even sure the craftable golden apple is the correct one).

Any ideas appreciated.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Sky Factory 2.5 - I built a mob farm and there are no endermen spawning. There are 3 empty spaces... they should be able to spawn. I've used the same design before and they spawned in droves. Also there's half slabs breaking up the floor so spiders can't spawn. There's no 2x2 clear space for them to spawn on but they keep spawning up there and I have to clean them out. What's going on? Did something change I'm not aware of?

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
How do I disable 'Step-Assist' in the 1.10.2 DW20 pack? A Google search assumes I'm trying to look for the Modular Powersuits mod.
I'm also not using IguanaTweaks.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
go into the controls menu and there is a button at the top where you can toggle it on and off
You will have to log into the game with step assist enabled first to press the hotkey to turn it off, then log out, and set that key to NONE (press esc key)

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best pump in nether (for lava) transporting into ender tank?

Since the lag-free pump doesnt seem to be in Direwolf newest pack I want a replaceable

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best pump in nether (for lava) transporting into ender tank?

Since the lag-free pump doesnt seem to be in Direwolf newest pack I want a replaceable

I am using a pump in the DW20 pack that seems to be OK - Its called "Pump" from Ranged Pump mod

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Ranged pump.png
A screenshot of my simple setup