[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2tvtk2/extra_utilities_fastest_combination_for_cobble

I've done compressed cobble setups many many times. To get any throughput, you'll need multiple transfer nodes feeding
your crafter one distance away from it. So, 4 sides, 4 transfer nodes, with full world interaction stacks + 1 speed stack and maybe a single stack upgrade as well. Sometimes you have to just add on to that in batches and be very very creative.

As far as helpers go, EnderIO addons cobbleworks is very very fast (not in this pack I don't think).

For crafters, Rftools crafter tier 3 can handle the whole thing. Another good crafter is Magneticraft crafter (you can stack them on top of each other for a cobble tower setup quite nicely). I'd stay away from using EIO crafters as they cannot keep up whatsoever even with octadic.

The hardest part is the lower tiers of compressed cobble really, so that is where you need to multiply your inputs if you're impatient. I've done quite fast setups using a multi bspaced barrel that holds triple and had multiple quad setups making compressed up to that barrel and then had one setup taking the triple and compressing it the rest of the way.

In project ozone, 2 cobbleworks at the bottom of a cobble tower from magneticraft made me an octuple every 5-10 minutes.
how does Cobbleworks' generation compare to RotaryCraft (and its add-ons)? I remember RotaryCraft being very, very fast at making cobblestone..not in this pack, no, and a bit off topic, but curious.

As for the other bits, that's interesting

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
that small green chip, is that an EEPROM or EEPROM Lua Bios?
I've not been able to replicate this error yet, but i'm trying.
Should be a Lua BIOS. I was really careful when picking them out. The first time I set it up I made that mistake. I didn't notice the tutorials specification for the chip. When I did that setup I seam to remember nothing at all working. The screen wouldn't even light up.

Thanks for putting to much effort into this. I am going to try some more stuff soon. Going for a fresh FTB Launcher install after this post. In case something got messed up somewhere when I was putting stuff together on this end.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
how does Cobbleworks' generation compare to RotaryCraft (and its add-ons)? I remember RotaryCraft being very, very fast at making cobblestone..not in this pack, no, and a bit off topic, but curious.

As for the other bits, that's interesting
cobbleworks makes cobble at a very decent clip since u can put an octadic in it and off it goes. power comes from adding 3 crafters into it and having it output triple compressed at very fast speeds. It's a very neat mod. As far as comparing it to rotary, no clue.

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
Should be a Lua BIOS. I was really careful when picking them out. The first time I set it up I made that mistake. I didn't notice the tutorials specification for the chip. When I did that setup I seam to remember nothing at all working. The screen wouldn't even light up.

Thanks for putting to much effort into this. I am going to try some more stuff soon. Going for a fresh FTB Launcher install after this post. In case something got messed up somewhere when I was putting stuff together on this end.
I remember reading guides for OpenComputers that were -really- missing information.
A basic computer system requires:
Screen
Computer Case
Disk Drive
Keyboard (place on screen)

for the case, you need:
Graphics Card
Memory
CPU
Hard drive
EEPROM Lua BIOS chip

otherwise, you need for the drive:
Floppy with openOS (dark green)

the entire system runs by sharing energy in an adjacent manner. Energy needs to be converted by an Energy Convertor, than based on preference, into a Capacitor. from there, adjacency to the Capacitor powers the system.

the Analyzer may help debug the system. otherwise, this should work perfectly fine. I cannot identify images in your case, but it seems to be set up right. so long as the parts do not exceed the tier of the case, and everything has a tier 1 equivalent in the mod..

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I remember reading guides for OpenComputers that were -really- missing information.
A basic computer system requires:
Screen
Computer Case
Disk Drive
Keyboard (place on screen)

for the case, you need:
Graphics Card
Memory
CPU
Hard drive
EEPROM Lua BIOS chip

otherwise, you need for the drive:
Floppy with openOS (dark green)

the entire system runs by sharing energy in an adjacent manner. Energy needs to be converted by an Energy Convertor, than based on preference, into a Capacitor. from there, adjacency to the Capacitor powers the system.

the Analyzer may help debug the system. otherwise, this should work perfectly fine. I cannot identify images in your case, but it seems to be set up right. so long as the parts do not exceed the tier of the case, and everything has a tier 1 equivalent in the mod..
The converter and stuff isn't needed any more. At least I think I read a patch note about that while looking around. I also tried with a cheated up tablet and still got the same error, a actual blue screen error on the tablet. That was the blue screen image I posted and added to the album. The analyzer shows the same error. That was the other image I added earlier.

The FTB launcher setup is working fine. It is the exact same computer setup as the other one and boots just fine. That you can't reproduce it means I must have seriously messed up something somewhere while moving files about. I would blame the server setup still being a possibility, the ability to reproduce it in single player eliminates that though. (the server doesn't use the default directory structure. A few folder(s) and files have to be moved to a separate folder. Still might be worth putting copies in the default locales in case something is looking for them)

http://i.imgur.com/g2TlfAu.png
added this to the album. it is the FTB instance working.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
oh..were you..playing this on the Curse launcher?
yeah, works fine on FTB Launcher, that's what I'm using. Whoops.
Yeah, LoL. Not for sure it is a issue though. Deleted the curse instance and reinstalled it. Deleted all the server configs and am now uploading the originals and the libraries, with as few changes as possible (taint spread fully disabled in thaumcraft.cfg. Aroma backups config modified to 30min for two backups)

Ran into a weird issue when I tried the server world save in single player earlier. It crashed with a tick loop error related to botania. I didn't try again after that, so it may have been a one off thing. Going to see if all this deleting and restoring will help straighten things out.

Edit:
deleting the instance and installing a new one worked. I am deleting most the files off the server now to upload as much of the default instance as possible (still going to make changes, I don't know what changes could have caused that to happen though.). Just deleting the configs and uploading the default ones didn't work.

Last edited:

Rheajr86

Jul 29, 2019
I have searched about 10k in each direction trying to find a village with a mad scientist. I have found several with Their houses but never a scientist in them. I went through and killed every moving mob in the village trying to see if i was just not seeing them with all the other villagers running around. all that left me was an empty village. Sound like the spawn on the scientist are not right.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Server opencomputer's computer still not working. The single player one is. Checked logs and found this in the server side one.
Code:
[20:34:15] [Server thread/WARN] [FML/]: =============================================================
[20:34:15] [Server thread/WARN] [FML/]: MOD HAS DIRECT REFERENCE System.exit() THIS IS NOT ALLOWED REROUTING TO FML!
[20:34:15] [Server thread/WARN] [FML/]: Offendor: li/cil/repack/org/luaj/vm2/lib/OsLib.exit(I)V
[20:34:15] [Server thread/WARN] [FML/]: Use FMLCommonHandler.exitJava instead
[20:34:15] [Server thread/WARN] [FML/]: =============================================================
going to zip up and attach the log file. I can't use the FTB paste. It never likes it when I try and paste the log into the field.

Attachments

• fml-server-latest.zip
    331.6 KB · Views: 58

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
Used Opis to pull an item. Rip world. Going to see if I can fix it or not. THANKFULLY it just did a backup like 10 minutes before this occurred.
Opis has never worked "perfectly"...it always seems to cause issues. Never using the pull feature again

edit: nvm, backup was from over an hour ago. once was scheduled to occur right as the crash occurred..darn.

edit 2: even my backups were FUBAR'd. let me see what else i can try.

edit 3: ok had to use a backup, had to reboot the game, everything seems fine. sucks though.

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2tvtk2/extra_utilities_fastest_combination_for_cobble

I've done compressed cobble setups many many times. To get any throughput, you'll need multiple transfer nodes feeding
your crafter one distance away from it. So, 4 sides, 4 transfer nodes, with full world interaction stacks + 1 speed stack and maybe a single stack upgrade as well. Sometimes you have to just add on to that in batches and be very very creative.

As far as helpers go, EnderIO addons cobbleworks is very very fast (not in this pack I don't think).

For crafters, Rftools crafter tier 3 can handle the whole thing. Another good crafter is Magneticraft crafter (you can stack them on top of each other for a cobble tower setup quite nicely). I'd stay away from using EIO crafters as they cannot keep up whatsoever even with octadic.

The hardest part is the lower tiers of compressed cobble really, so that is where you need to multiply your inputs if you're impatient. I've done quite fast setups using a multi bspaced barrel that holds triple and had multiple quad setups making compressed up to that barrel and then had one setup taking the triple and compressing it the rest of the way.

In project ozone, 2 cobbleworks at the bottom of a cobble tower from magneticraft made me an octuple every 5-10 minutes.
Hum, what does the stack upgrade actually do for the transfer node then? I know the world upgrade increases the amount of cobble the node intakes each action by one per upgrade item, and speed makes the actions occur more frequently, or at least I assume that's what's going on.
Also, as far as I know the compacting drawers in this modpack compress as fast as it is possible to do so, seemingly instantaneously. Do the EIO crafters go even faster somehow?

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
Hum, what does the stack upgrade actually do for the transfer node then? I know the world upgrade increases the amount of cobble the node intakes each action by one per upgrade item, and speed makes the actions occur more frequently, or at least I assume that's what's going on.
Also, as far as I know the compacting drawers in this modpack compress as fast as it is possible to do so, seemingly instantaneously. Do the EIO crafters go even faster somehow?
Stack upgrades, speed upgrades, depth-first and breadth upgrades all affect the moving of items.
world interaction affects the mount generated.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Do the EIO crafters go even faster
no they do it much slower even with an oct still fails to make it fast enough , to the pt if u dont/cant use storage drawers u might as well use an rf tools crafter on fast mode and if u cant use that then its cyclic assemblers/ or maybe transfernode crafting

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I've never used the compacting drawers for this. That's definately something I'll have to try.

EIO crafters are slow as everlasting2 states below. beyond slow. dunno why either but they are. I was talking about cobbleworks which is a addon for EIO (EIO Addons is the name) which isn't in this pack. That, with the crafters in it make a very very fast triple compressed cobble gen.

If the distance between the transfer node and the thing crafting is adjacent you can forgo just about all the upgrades cept the world interaction but I go off that reddit post that I linked and add one stack of speed for good measure. I do not use stack upgrades. Stack upgrades ensure it sends a stack at a time, speed hastens them through the pipes.

Edit: to be more specific, if I use the speed upgrades, I tend to see the cobble leaving the transfer node w/o any delay, without speed, you see it hovering there for a tiny bit before it leaves.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
oh..were you..playing this on the Curse launcher?
yeah, works fine on FTB Launcher, that's what I'm using. Whoops.
Not for sure on the cause. I think it had something to do with LuaJ. I had changed most the computercraft configs to use it. When I reset the instance it would have defaulted those configs back to normal. The server still was using LuaJ as the other Luas weren't available to it do to how it runs. The error it was throwing led to search results on LuaJ being at fault and it being fixed in the beta version. I have updated to that and it seems to be working. Not fully sure yet. At least I can proceed now.

Thanks for you help.

T

TheEpicCowOfLife

Has anyone here ever managed to amass enough vouchers to afford a tier 7 energy storage multiblock? I mean, 218 draconium blocks, 136.25 k vouchers.

Actually, I might try to get an RfTools dimension. That might work.

G

Golbar

Does anyone have a public server up? Its been a while since I've played multiplayer and would like to join a small server.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Caigan, I keep trying to use MCedit but it keep crashing for me and it isn't loading everything either, Especially the place where my base is. I never used MCedit before so it's probably my mistake.
Strange, is it just crashing when you load, when it loads a certain area, or when you do something?

It's probably best to do the region fixer first

I brought it up to the group and asked how people would feel about me disabling that one mob and suprisingly, everyone on the server wanted to get rid of the whole Grimoire mod. Are we missing something by removing it?
People tend to want to nix an entire mod when only a small portion of it can be disabled.

I don't plan on adding quests for GoG, but their drops will be in the FMC scripts. If you disable the mod outright, it will say that some items do not exist and may break those scripts.

Your better bet is to go into the config on the server and lower/disable the spawns people have the most issue with.

I am having issues with the OpenComputers mod. I have tried talking to those on the dedicated irc for it. They have no idea for certain what is causing it.
That...is a very strange issue, and I can't seem to find much on it. I'll look into it some.

Sound like the spawn on the scientist are not right.
I'll add this to the Trello to look into more. They are supposed to be fairly rare.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
That...is a very strange issue, and I can't seem to find much on it. I'll look into it some.
I am not certain. If I read right and that is actually what the issue was, LuaJ wasn't working properly. The beta branch fixes the issue. If it doesn't cause to many issue including the release version in the mod when it comes around would probably work.

The server could only load LuaJ to for OpenComputers to run, so I had tried to force the clients to run LuaJ as well. With the result that I couldn't get single player or the server to fully boot a OCs computer without throwing a error. When I changed out all the files for their defaults it got rid of the edits I had made to the OpenComputer's config. Single player would boot after that. Since it didn't need use LuaJ any more for the PCs, the server PCs would still error out. Updating to the beta branch fixed that. Let me go get the post I found I thought relevant. OpenComputers searches don't return the results I want. I have to place the term in qoutes just to keep google from auto correcting it and messing the search completely up.

https://github.com/MightyPirates/OpenComputers/issues/1692

M

MokahTGS

Hey what files do I need to move over when switching from the .1.3 beta to the .1.3 release with and already established world? Will we lose our quest progress and what scripts have been changed?