[0.12.0] 1.7.10: Technomancy Discussion Thread

login0false

Jul 29, 2019
Was getting the same error as Pentigan (Crash when opening the Technomancy tab in TNomicon) on 0.10.i. Updating to the latest version (0.10.j) did not fix the crash (as opposed to the "Potential Fix for Thaumonomicon crash" changelog entry). Just in case: using java 8. Crashreport is attached (exceeds the length limit, sorry)

Attachments

• crash-2015-05-17_13.07.13-client.txt
    71 KB · Views: 53

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
The source of the problem has already been found and should be fixed in the next version. (Which is likely to be posted today!)

Also I posted a workaround for this issue a few posts back. ;)

@theflogat BTW, your suggestion totally fixed the flickering, but I have not had time to do much else. I'll make it a point of having the fusor ready for next weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: theflogat

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having Wi-Fi issues so the build will only be available later in the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
Technomancy 0.10.k

Changelog:
Mekanism Recipe Compatibility
Auto Output con be set for Condensers
Fixes Crash when pressing shift while in creative
Fixes Texture issue for Essentia Coil
Fixes Thaumonomicon crash

Also, we will have a beta with the essentia fusor and the bugfixes (if there are some bugs) that will come after will be a full release (0.11)

Reactions: lolmer

login0false

Jul 29, 2019
The source of the problem has already been found and should be fixed in the next version. (Which is likely to be posted today!)

Also I posted a workaround for this issue a few posts back. ;)

@theflogat BTW, your suggestion totally fixed the flickering, but I have not had time to do much else. I'll make it a point of having the fusor ready for next weekend.
Thanks! Updated and launching Minecraft currently to test it! Actually I knew 'bout the workaround, I prefer to read before writing :) I wouldn't write there, but I thought some feedback may help you.
UPD: It really does not crash! With re-enabled wands ofc :)

Last edited:

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
@theflogat; This looks like another one of those cases I was talking about where the air blocks call into the node generator and crash because the TE is null (or vice-versa).

I think I know a good way to fix it. I'll try to get it in at the same time I submit the fusor.

The actual line in question is:
Code:
return ((TileNodeGenerator)worldObj.getTileEntity(x, y, z)).isConnectable(face);

So the only null pointers I can see coming from that would be if worldObj, or the node generator TE is null.

Whichy

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get it...how is the advanced deconstruction table supposed to work? I put stuff in it, it vanishes and I get no..aspects? What am I missing?

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
It isn't a 100% chance success. It's the same as the vanilla and then you get a 1 in 8 chances to succeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whichy

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I'm aware. But I put like 4 stacks of dirt in now. And no primal aspect changed their number. So either I'm incredibly unlucky or it's bugged.

Whichy

Jul 29, 2019
Oh well...thanks! It says there's a way to upgrade it. Do I need further research or is it not implemented yet?

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I'm aware. But I put like 4 stacks of dirt in now. And no primal aspect changed their number. So either I'm incredibly unlucky or it's bugged.
Dirt has a 1 in 640 chance to produce an aspect if i remember correctly.

Try crafting tables for a 1 in 8 chance.

Zsashas

Jul 29, 2019
So...why are there so many things that go against what the mod authors want? Liquid Mana, combining essentia, higher rate of Mana to RF...why not just break everything while we're at it?

........I do like the pen.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
So...why are there so many things that go against what the mod authors want? Liquid Mana, combining essentia, higher rate of Mana to RF...why not just break everything while we're at it?

........I do like the pen.

And Mojang didn't want multi-use potions, wands that shoot lightning bolts, and sacrificing creatures to absorb their life force.... Why would the mod authors add them?

In all honesty, most of these things are stuff the mod authors have said they won't add to their mods, not that they shouldn't exist. In most of these cases the statement made by the mod authors is that the feature would be OP. Well, this mod IS OP, and it's intended to be. About the only thing I can think of a mod author said they absolutely didn't want was converting essentia to fluid which this mod doesn't do.

This a mod about using a combination of magic and tech to do things neither can do by itself. Of course it is going to break some of the rules. That is its purpose, to transcend the boundries of using magic or tech alone.

But, every feature can be disabled via the config, so if you have a problem with something, turn it off.

Last edited: