Zombie in a cage

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
So here I was playing, having a great time, doing my strip mining thing when I come across a room with moss covered rock and a couple of chests. In the middle is a little block that looks like a cage, it's flaming, and inside of it is a zombie spinning around and around. What is this?

http://www.wizaerd.com/hold/2012-12-02_08.52.19.png

BurningCake

Jul 29, 2019
A dungeon. Stay away unless you have torches and weapons. However, they can be turned into useful mob farms.

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
I dislike the regular minecraft forums which is why I asked here. Sorry if that is inappropriate. If I place torches will mobs still spawn?

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
As long as you don't dig out the room, a couple of torches should be enough to keep them from spawning.
Keeping the light level above 7 in a 9x9 area around the spawner will prevent spawners from spitting out mobs.

Yuki

Jul 29, 2019
And if the mod with the Soul Cages is installed you can make your own little mob spawner and troll friends like DW20 in his multiplayer LP.

thedeester1

Jul 29, 2019
If you want an XP farm you can move the spawner with a portal gun...HINT...You cant make one and it will be destroyed if you mine it....Portal gun...You can move it. I know someone that moved a stack of these into a dark room...Made a water flow and a single hole. He stands next to the hole...Kills all the mobs. Gets massive XP and then collects the drops from the water stream.