Your first world after the Ultimate pack is released?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

StarLiner

Jul 29, 2019
What do you plan to do? Where will you go? What will you build?

My first goal will be set up shop in a plains or meadow biome, with some trees nearby. Make a nice basic house, with a workshop area nearby containing a pulverizer powered by a Sterling engine. From there I'll strive to get the basic IC2 setup, with a mining drill and batpack. Setup a greenhouse for Wheat production, and close off the area to finish up Camp StarLiner.

Portal gun turrets line corners to fend off Creepers and werewolves.

What will your first base look like?

Aldermeer

Jul 29, 2019
Something I've always wanted to do is hollow out a nice tall mountain up to a single layer of stone beneath the dirt, so that will probably be how it rolls. Maybe knock the top off one peak for a cow and chicken farm. IcyNewYear's EasyBreeding would make this ridiculously simple, but so far it doesn't seem to function in my Magic World.. world. Still need to figure out why, once my last final exam is over Wednesday.

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
I'll probably look for an area where multiple biomes join together and build around there. Since I'm pretty big into the beekeeping, the multiple biomes will make it a lot easier to setup my apiaries.

Reactions: Barkaway

Zmaster27

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on where i spawn;
Mountains in area: Hollow out a mountain and make my castle
Mostly Islands: beach house anyone? with wicked basement :p
Forests: Medieval castle with the works
Plains: see if i can get some trees going and work from there, probably look pretty castley
Marshes: Since clay is so common in most of these kinds of biomes, brick mansion

Defenses: Fences mostly, if i can make turrets i will, and lighting up everything lol
Farming: again depends, forests, plains and marshes would be easiest, though i could add farmland to an island and just cut the top off of a mountain
bees: depends on biomes, if i am at an intersection expect a mashup of ideas :D

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Disable my normal stable of mods that I find as "meh" with IC2 probably being added to that list (finally). Then do what I normally do. Roll with what the worldgen tosses my way. Though that time around I'll get into Biogas production far sooner than I did in my current world. Also I'll probably go a lot bigger with my builds now that I have the hang of BC's filler machine. Oh, and revel in the glory that is Red Alloy Wiring and RP Gates. I have had so much need for those this time around it isn't funny.

The only need I anticipate having is to have a decent lighting mod. I'm so tempted to roll up my virtual sleeves to see if I can come up with one.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Gonna set up shop in terms of bees. I'll probably use steam boilers o power them.

gusgillis1

Jul 29, 2019
Find Meadows, make several stacks of torches, light up EVERYTHING in about a 100-200 block radius. Who needs houses? Houses are overrated. Im just going to spread out everything, since I always go for compactness, I kind of want to get out of that habit... yeah...

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
The only need I anticipate having is to have a decent lighting mod. I'm so tempted to roll up my virtual sleeves to see if I can come up with one.

What kind of lights? The new version of RP2 added some inverted lamps (on when redstone is off) as well as some lightbulbs you can attach to walls or ceilings. Thaumcraft 3 also has Nitor as a placable, floating light source.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I'ma find me a nice smelly swamp, preferably with some desert, and/or jungle nearby. (I'm not picky tho, I often make multiple bases anyway)

Then I'm going to set up a fairly small mining op to get the stuff needed to get going with forestry and railcraft. making a steel factory is generally a high priority for me. I kinda like the steel tools for starters, and i like doing the nether stuff as a small challenge before i have anything better than bronze armor.

Dunno yet if i am going for the fortress style or just a plain old house, depends on how much i like the terrain in the area.

also. I am going to add Additional buildcraft objects, and additional pipes. I prefer the liquid pipes in buildcraft over those of redpower. altho redpower pipes are very good for item handling within factories.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
My ultimate goal is to make a Void World, with a giant floating island built in the middle of it, 'suspended' by a spherical MFFS projector with camo set to... something, maybe leaves. And within, will be a giant forest, with my highly advanced technologies hidden either throughout or below the surface of plants and nature and animals, with Gregtech likely being predominant, matter fab, etc.

And, the most important aspect;

It'll all be powered by a single redwood tree, eternally planted and chopped down by turtles, which will then be immediately processed into methane and sent through steam boilers for huge energy generation. :p

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of lights? The new version of RP2 added some inverted lamps (on when redstone is off) as well as some lightbulbs you can attach to walls or ceilings.

Pretty much what RP2 put in though I am hoping for lights which emit more than torches. However, starting with the ability to embed lights into blocks or have lights that look like lights is a great first step. Always found it odd that we have machines do to everything. We chop up ore, we smelt it with the greatest of ease, we have machines that whisk things hither and yon, to craft things for us, to make us travel great distances in the blink of an eye but when we open up a new room we break out a flaming stick every 5-7 meters. o_O So, yeah, before the release of RP2 I was most excited about red alloy wiring and logic gates. Now with the release ad DW20's spotlight, it's the lights. No joke. Why he kept those under wraps for so long I have no idea.

Thaumcraft 3 also has Nitor as a placable, floating light source.

I do have Nitor and found it kind of ok. Placement is helped a little by being able to place on the bottom of a block, but it just... didn't... work. Maybe it is just me but I made about 12 of them for my main room and was not any more pleased with Nitor lighting over torches. And I also tried IC2 luminators. Hated them because there was absolutely no way to neatly integrate them into the rest of my world. Which pretty much sums up IC2, actually.

Scorpion

Jul 29, 2019
Basic house with a cellar. Insted of IC2 machines(like macerator) I will use thermal expansion. Also coke furnace, industrial blast furnace, forestry machines. I'm also making a fram quarry becuse they are cool:cool: I want to try out a bit Factorization, I've only used barrels.
EDIT: Forgot one thing, a wizard tower with TH3 and Xycraft(EcksWhyCraft) stuff.

Thuulstrea

Jul 29, 2019
I'm gonna make myself a huge floating frame fortress and use portals to zap intruders into lava pits... Just a thought​

thezeronumber

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to build something which makes people raise their eyebrows and show an expression of surprise and awe. However... There is only so much you can do with a structure before the aesthetics get in the way of practicality. An amazing bit of architecture might 'wow' others but it won't satisfy me if I know that I'm sacrificing how well things work inside. Likewise I don't want to have a boring cube filled to the brim with powerful tech if the insides resemble the look of tangled-up Christmas lights.

I hope along my way I can find a nice balance between the two.

Anyway, my plans for a starting area is somewhere nice and open (savannah?) with huge mountains or a forest nearby. Mountains because the idea of a cliff-top lair sounds awesome - however cliché - and forest because I also like the idea of being surrounded by a mass of trees. A feeling of privacy? I don't really know.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
What will your first base look like?

Ohh, good question actually. Well what I just came up with, would like is some nice building with space for machines, with a wall to keep any monsters away. What I think is that I could have a nice area for Thaumcraft. Another building could be for basic IC2 machines and storage, as well as a crafting area in that same building. The rest can be for all other builds that I might get in mind.

Bagon

Jul 29, 2019
Im planning to make the com enemy unknown hq with engineering for ic2 factorization forestry rp2 etc. Research with tc3 research tables psionic labs and gollop Chamber for the rest of tc3 the foundry if I run out of room in engineering and the power generators for power generation

gusgillis1

Jul 29, 2019
Im planning to make the com enemy unknown hq with engineering for ic2 factorization forestry rp2 etc. Research with tc3 research tables psionic labs and gollop Chamber for the rest of tc3 the foundry if I run out of room in engineering and the power generators for power generation
Haha nice!

Codex

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking of making a "Village" with each "house" dedicated to a different mod.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
If i get a nice seed as i got before. I'm going to find a nice mountain and begin erecting my sexy towers. I love making towers. hahahahah