Xycraft Tanks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
i am having a hell of a time getting a xycraft tank put together. ive tried with netherrack and cobble, both tries ending in a jacked up inventory(items duplicated). am i doing something wrong? ive tried assembling the 3x3 as shown in dires spotlight. if xycraft tanks are still really buggy i will use railcraft tanks for now.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
They can sometimes still be buggy. But afaik the bug is simply cosmetic; relogging fixes it. Evidently it has something to do with wrath lamps, according to Direwolf20's mod spotlight.

Reactions: OmegaPython

Lappro

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I think it is what kirindave says. DW20 noticed it aswell in the forgecraft server (shared with the big mod devs and FTB crew) DW20 has a SMP series on his youtube channel about it. So atleast Soaryn is aware of the problem and a fix will probably be released soon.

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
yeah...im going to stick with railcraft tanks for now. just had my inventory wiped out trying to get xycraft tanks to work. also relogging did not help at all.

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
The bug is from wrath lamps, btw. The light blocks it makes freaks xycraft tanks out. I'm not sure if no glass viewers helps, but removing the wrath lamp fixed it for me (you can put the lamp back afterwards).

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
yeah...im going to stick with railcraft tanks for now. just had my inventory wiped out trying to get xycraft tanks to work. also relogging did not help at all.

Wow. I've had it happen twice and not lost inventory. I just had cobble pipe legs and my armor in my hand until I relogged.

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
just tried again in an open area outside my base but got the same results. i should also mention that ive crashed twice with an out of bounds exception error. ive tried with and without glass viewers on the "ceiling" of the tank and nothing. i even tried in a fresh world and still nothing. what i think i will do is redownload the pack and see if that changes anything.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
What version of xycraft are you using? He has made updates to his mod. Maybe that will fix it? If not then submit a bug report with a crash report sent to pastebin. Modders can usually tell you the problem quickly.

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
redownloading the pack solved the tank issue (DW20 FTW) but a new problem and risen: cannot delete world thru in game methods. deleting the folder outside of the game works though. is my game broken?

mos7wan7ed

Jul 29, 2019
I am using current version of dw20's ftb and i get the bug with near by portal spawner bugging out when I log in. Only top half is visible and i need to break and relink it before it will work again. also, a nether portal causing crashes too, although only when I leave to the nether and not when I return from it. I have both portals in the same room as a xycraft cobble tank and 3 wrath lamps. It's a huge room and the wrath lamp seemed the only logical lighting option without dozens of redstone lamps.

Crash report for the client crash I get after steeping into the neither.

http://pastebin.com/FmV5QHJ6

Removing the Wrath Lamps in the room did not help.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
I have had a ton of issues when building the tank from cobble, I stick to stone and stone brick, and haven't had problems since.

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
The only problems I've had with xytanks is with glass (any) and wrath lamps. Apparently the tank doesn't like the lamps airy light blocks. My solution is to make the tank and then place the lamp. Of course, YMMV.