World Map Reset

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lina

Jul 29, 2019
I looked and didn't see anything that would help me or I missed the thread in question completely.

Basically what I am looking for is information on how to reset a world map. Husband and I want to start over, the pair of us go off in different directions and build our own bases etc. I just have no clue how to reset a map. I only learned a few days ago how to install a server. That was an adventure.

So if anyone can help me, that would be great.

Other suggestions I have seen are just deleting the entire 'world' folder. But I really hesitate to do that without some more info to back things up.

giesergast

Jul 29, 2019
a way to do it is creating a world in sp taking that from the save file and then replacing the old world file with that one

Lina

Jul 29, 2019
Okay let me see if that works. I'm still a nubbin here, this makes me a little nervous.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
On a server, stop the server, then locate the folder that's the name of your world, as defined by the server.properies file. Delete that entire folder.
Restart your server. It will recreate that folder, and a new world will be created.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Just make sure to back up the folder before you delete it, in case you want to reuse that world in the future.