Wisps out of nowhere and other TC questions

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Posting this for a server-buddy who doesn't forum much, so the particulars are likely to be wrong...you know how that word of mouth thing goes.

He has not started Thaumcraft and does not have any obsidian totems in his area (and thus shouldn't have any eerie biomes) and does not have an obsidian altar with a wisp spawner in it. He has started messing with witchery. His question to me was 'WTF wisps!?'

I've not noticed them to spawn naturally except in areas of negative juju, so the question is, can actions in witchery cause conditions that would lead to wisp spawns?

My other question relates to self-made magical forest biomes. How far will they spread from a silverwood tree? Is it just a few blocks and then nothing, or does it continue to expand outward over a long period of time?

thanks

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
there a chance messing with witchery may have given you a magical type biome than intended does witchery add biome types?

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
magical forest at max will only spread to 8 blocks? from a silver wood tree, 3-4 if the silverwood tree doesnt contain a pure node HOWEVER I HAVENT CONFIRMED THIS MYSELF...

SawBlade

Jul 29, 2019
You could also double check for a hidden bad node in the area. I've had them spawn wisps on my server with no one touching any magic mods.

Reactions: Padfoote

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think witchery adds biomes. I'm with SawBlade, you might have a random sinister node somewhere that is generating wisps, they don't all appear in the obsidian towers. Look for Pech at night, unless you are in a magical forest in which case, best of luck.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I ran out and looked around. My server-mate had completely missed a sinister node and a very obvious eerie biome right next to his farms.

Thanks folks.