[WIP] MageCraft

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
MageCraft is currently in Alpha, and very much a work in progress, so expect this documentation to change quite a bit.

Currently, only the Alchemy system is implemented, but I am planning on adding a mana based spellcasting system as well. Also note that there aren't any textures for items yet, but I plan to add them in the next patch.

In the current version (0.2.0) you'll find the basics of the Alchemy system, as well as some basic power items. More advanced Alchemy, more power items, and more functionality for existing items is planned.

To start Alchemy, you need an Alchemist Catalyst. This is similar to the Philosopher's Stone from Equivalent Exchange. To craft the Alchemist Catalyst, you need 4 gold ingots, 4 glowstone blocks, and 1 diamond, arranged like this:

xyx
yzy
xyx

Where 'x' is gold ingots, 'y' is glowstone blocks, and 'z' is a diamond.

With the Alchemist Catalyst, you can turn different items into Essence. Essence can then be used to create new items. Note that only some items can be turned into Essence, and not all items can be crafted with Essence. You can also craft 8 Essence with an Alchemist Catalyst to get 1 High Essence. High Essence is used to make more valuable items, such as diamonds, mithril, and adamant.

Mithril and Adamant are two metals added by this mod. They can only be created via Alchemy, but they are used to craft powerful items. These items can perform a variety of functions, from cooking meat for free, to changing blocks into different blocks. The current power items are:

•Amulet of Burning - Can be crafted with raw meat to turn it into cooked meat for free.
•Amulet of Freezing - Can be used to turn water into ice, and lava into obsidian.
•Amulet of Crushing - Used to crush blocks into different blocks, such as turning stone into cobblestone, or cobblestone into gravel.
•Amulet of Seeds - Used to turn dirt into grass and sand into dirt.
•Amulet of Mushrooms - Can be used to refill empty bowls with mushroom stew for free. Also used to create mycelium.
•Amulet of Decay - Used to turn grass and mycelium back into dirt, and dirt into sand.
•Amulet of Growth - Currently no functionality, but it is intended to eventually act as a source of infinite bonemeal.
•Amulet of Ender - Currently no functionality, but will eventually be able to teleport you short distances for free.

Planned features are:

•Added functionality to the Amulet of Burning, Amulet of Freezing, Amulet of Seeds, Amulet of Mushrooms, Amulet of Decay, Amulet of Growth, and Amulet of Ender.
•An Arcane Enchanter that allows you to choose what enchantments you put on an item.
•A mana system that will allow you to use spell scrolls to cast various spells.
•More power items, including a Ring of Invisibility, a Ring of Cleansing, and a Token of Flame.
•Wizard armor that is crafted from cloth and gives you several magic based buffs (such as increased mana, faster mana regeneration, and shorter cool down times for casting spells).
•New weapons and tools.
•A portable inventory similar to Red Power 2 Canvas Bags.
•Cross mod compatibility, including Essence recipes for mod items.
•NPC wizards.
•Config files for changing item ids and enabling hard mode recipes

Installation is standard, simply install Forge and drop MageCraft in the mods folder. Version 0.2.0 is compatible with both Minecraft 1.4.6 and Minecraft 1.4.7. Note that items ids 26200 through 26213 are used by this mod, and are not currently configurable, although a config file is currently one of my top priorities.

If you find a bug, or think I missed an Essence recipe, let me known. Bug reports should include an error log and a description of the problem.

If you want to make textures for the items, feel free to send them to me, and I'll include them in the next patch.

So enough talk, here's the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9y918pfkin5c7y/MageCraft_v0.2.0.zip

If you need to contact me for any reason, you can send me a PM on the forum. I also can be found in #technic and #GreenWolf13sMods on SynIRC.